PDA

View Full Version : soon to be wife of marine

Jessiegirl
04-03-09, 01:59 PM
My love goes off to the marines at the end of this year and before that we are getting married what should i expect from my new life??

Chumley
04-03-09, 02:54 PM
My love goes off to the marines at the end of this year and before that we are getting married what should i expect from my new life??

Best of luck to you both!! Life in the USMC is very tough on families and relationships. We have a little saying that explains it all...No one ever promised you a rose garden. Basically, life is hard. It takes special people to make any relationship work, and that's all the more true on military families. The more you focus on all things positive, and avoid as much negativity as possible in life, well that's really the secret to everything. Good luck!
C

Crusader20
04-03-09, 03:42 PM
My Wife and I were in a simliar situation. We married and then 10 days later, off to boot camp I went. I am an Infantry Marine, so training and field exersices were the norm. Plus, the 2...

marinewife12107
04-03-09, 07:06 PM
frist of all congrats on becoming one of the ones who silently serve. you have to be a really strong woman to be able to let him go away for months at a time and only get emails and phone calls. now i am not in any way trying to discourage you from being comming a Marines Wife. it is a true honor to be married to a hero. i guess i just want to tell you that the experience is what you make of it and how you can cope with him being gone and working long hours. it will be hard and there will be alot of things that you dont understand. there will be times when you feel like giving up when you have to work really hard on your marriage. your husband is gonna be a changed man. and better man. just ask questions and try to become involved in your husbands unit in any way with the L.I.N.K.S and key volunteer programs they are really nice. good luck and if you havenay other questions just ask.