PDA

View Full Version : Cutting weight

NoRemorse
04-02-09, 12:25 PM
This one has been stuck in my head for a few days. I've always had big legs (either fat or muscle depending on the year).

I've never focused on cutting weight and I know spot reduction doesn't work but how do I get smaller legs? I can't imagine just not using them for a while or a PT program that doesn't involve so much leg work. They're extra weight, they suck on a long run or a hump, and then there's the freakin chafing.

I wouldn't mind riding around on a pair of chicken legs; means I could get down below 220 and not look like a malnourished foreigner in a Christian Coalition fund commercial. For just 2 dollars a day you can feed a poor, starving Marine.

Semper Fi. :flag:

thewookie
04-02-09, 01:14 PM
Swim.

Practically speaking, swimming is one of the best, if not the best cardio-workouts that you can do to get a great workout and burn fat in no time.

As I age, I've taken to swimming more and more because of the reduced stress it places on my body and it is a killer workout if you aren't just farting and treading water for hours. Even that will burn a good deal of fat, (don't you just love the way a fart feels running up your spine when you're underwater,,, soothing even) but my point is you need to do mucho laps. Alternate styles of swimming to keep it fresh.

Making your legs smaller isn't easy because you use them so much. It's not like we're talking about my fat azz.

The only thing I don't like about swimming is I can't use my my Ipod swimming like I can running.

But I get to look at hot chics underwater in tight little bathing suits,,,,, :banana:

NoRemorse
04-02-09, 01:23 PM
..the only thing I don't like about swimming is I can't use my my Ipod swimming like I can running.

But I get to look at hot chics underwater in tight little bathing suits,,,,, :banana:

Hmmm.... I need to listen to the advice I give to the poolees then. Never even occurred to me. There's a free pool in Greenwich... but there's a guy there... he wears a cock-sock... I guess you can do that when you're a genius savant with money.

I'm surprised they haven't done something for earbuds for swimming. They've got the water-proof cases for the Ipods.

I just need something to protect me from the cock sock...:(

thewookie
04-02-09, 01:27 PM
Hmmm.... I need to listen to the advice I give to the poolees then. Never even occurred to me. There's a free pool in Greenwich... but there's a guy there... he wears a cock-sock... I guess you can do that when you're a genius savant with money.

I'm surprised they haven't done something for earbuds for swimming. They've got the water-proof cases for the Ipods.

I just need something to protect me from the cock sock...:(

Throw a Snickers bar in the pool ahead of him.... it will clear him out.

NoRemorse
04-02-09, 01:30 PM

He's one of those retarded geniuses... he'll go right after it. I'll toss it in traffic; he'll be fine.

Gotta get goggles that are tinted... don't want the ladies to know :marine:

Ok, the wife... cause then I'll die; and pregnant women are mean and evil and creative.

Semper Fi.

sscjoe
04-02-09, 01:32 PM

Better yet, toss in a couple of Baby Ruths!!

thewookie
04-02-09, 01:39 PM
Better yet, toss in a couple of Baby Ruths!!

Thank you, that is what I meant!