PDA

View Full Version : Ci/humint

irizavrima
04-02-09, 05:30 AM
I'm an 0231 currently in Ramadi, Iraq with RCT-6. I've been in for two years and when I redeploy I will have something like 2.5 years left (5 year contract). I wan't to lat move into the 0211 MOS, but I need 3 years upon completion of school. Will I be eligible to extend to meet this requirement?

KawiGunny
04-02-09, 07:22 AM
Not sure of how your unit looks at it but you can extend to go to school and meet obligated time in service upon completion of training. Now the question is....Will your unit let you go?

irizavrima
04-02-09, 10:10 AM
I am currently TAD to 6th Marines and they would be willing to let me go. Being that I am TAD I am not sure if I need approval from my actual command.

KawiGunny
04-02-09, 10:14 AM
I am currently TAD to 6th Marines and they would be willing to let me go. Being that I am TAD I am not sure if I need approval from my actual command.

How long are you TAD to 6th Marines and will the change in MOS affect what you are currently doing with 6th Mar.?

Also, it would probably need to go through HQMC for approval since it will be a Lat move.

jackson07
04-02-09, 09:22 PM
You will have to reenlist. They aren't letting you extend for it. And if you pass the CI board your unit doesn't have a say in it. The paperwork goes straight to HQMC. Your unit doesn't get a chance to approve or disapprove it. Find a 0211 and talk to them. Or call the recruiter at one of the CI companies.