PDA

View Full Version : Started the process to come back

MT3533
04-01-09, 09:37 AM
Good morning all.

I met with the Prior Service Recruiter yesterday, to start the process to come back as a Reservist. Handed in copies off of my OMPF. Did the initial prior service interview, and all my dates/ codes are good. Next step is a physical.

Luckily there is a Motor T Bn nearby that rates the 3533, and a couple other units that rate my 3531 secondary.

Semper Fi!

thedrifter
04-01-09, 11:07 AM
:thumbup:

Ellie

GSEMarine94
04-01-09, 12:37 PM
Good for you, I am also getting back in but unfortunately I'm to old for the Corps so I will have to do the Guard thing. Took my ASVAB yesterday and the physical tomorrow, the worst part is sitting around and listening to all of the poolees talking crap.
Again good luck and Semper Fi

MT3533
04-01-09, 01:26 PM
Nice, are you changing MOS or is it just because of another service that you have to re-take the ASVAB?

I am really not looking forward to a visit to MEPS, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. When I went down to talk to the unit, it was great to be around Marines again.

retread09
04-03-09, 12:19 PM
Good for you, I am also getting back in but unfortunately I'm to old for the Corps so I will have to do the Guard thing. Took my ASVAB yesterday and the physical tomorrow, the worst part is sitting around and listening to all of the poolees talking crap.
Again good luck and Semper Fi

hillarious, yeah if the government needs a surge of special forces support they need look no further than your local meps...there is always an abundance of green berets, seals, and ricky recons

GSEMarine94
04-03-09, 12:41 PM
Nice, are you changing MOS or is it just because of another service that you have to re-take the ASVAB?

It's because I'm going to OCS.

As far as Meps, I went yesterday and it wasn't to bad. Being prior service you'll get treated a lot better, and they will find out real quick who is and isn't prior service. You will get a lot of "What's it like" from everyone going in. Hell I had a guy going into the Air Force asking me what his bootcamp would be like. Of course I told him he would be playing video games and drinking lattes all day ;)
The part that really got to me was all of the fat bodies, out of the 20 males getting their physical 8 of them were overweight, and not by a pound or two.

GSEMarine94
04-03-09, 12:43 PM
hillarious, yeah if the government needs a surge of special forces support they need look no further than your local meps...there is always an abundance of green berets, seals, and ricky recons

Luckily I didn't have to deal with a lot of those guys, I just scared them and told them that passing the physical was super hard and if they weren't fit they would be DQ'd (see my comment about fat bodies above and you'll understand).

MT3533
04-03-09, 02:13 PM
Grats on the OCS. Heh, all those guys on "contract" special forces? I have a friend that was insisting that he was going to enlist as a army special forces operator. I tryed to explain to him that it doesn't work that way, to no sucess.

The best thing is, that he isn't 18 years old, he's my age!

GSEMarine94
04-04-09, 07:25 AM
Grats on the OCS. Heh, all those guys on "contract" special forces? I have a friend that was insisting that he was going to enlist as a army special forces operator. I tryed to explain to him that it doesn't work that way, to no sucess.

The best thing is, that he isn't 18 years old, he's my age!

Some people don't listen, but I will say that the Army is a little different then the Corps. My little brother was with the 82nd and when he enlisted he was guaranteed airborne school. So there MAY be some truth to his thoughts

JWDevilDog
04-04-09, 07:47 AM
No, even the Army requires soldiers to have served some time before they can try out for Special Forces (at least with the Green Berets that's true).

MT3533
04-04-09, 10:08 AM
I stand corrected. I learned something new today.

GSEMarine94
04-04-09, 10:20 AM
I'm still attempting to understand the Army, I have been told that if you have a "tab" you are considered SF. There are only three tabs, rangers, airborne, and sapper. Then I have heard that only rangers, delta force and green berets are SF. I don't think even the Army knows for sure. Hell I'm still trying to figure out how to put my basic uniform together, it's like putting together a Christmas tree with all of the crap that goes on them.

Quinbo
04-04-09, 10:50 AM
Doesn't pathfinders also wear a tab?

GSEMarine94
04-04-09, 01:16 PM
Doesn't pathfinders also wear a tab?

No they wear a badge, but there only a couple of pathfinder units, which are all airborne so they would wear the airborne tab along with their

pathfinders badge.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1022/path.gif (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=path.gif)