PDA

View Full Version : I Love You, Man: A comedy that will keep you laughing

thedrifter
04-01-09, 05:22 AM
I Love You, Man: A comedy that will keep you laughing

3/31/2009 By Lance Cpl. Skyler Tooker , 1st Marine Division

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. —

As I walked down the street to the movie theater, I was playing the “I Love You, Man” trailer over and over in my head, thinking to myself how funny it was, and I wondered if the movie would live up to my expectations.

Paul Rudd, who has starred in recent movies such as “Knocked Up,” “40-Year-Old Virgin” and “Role Models,” plays the part of a successful real-estate agent named Peter Klaven, who recently got engaged to his gorgeous fiancée Zooey (Rashida Jones).

Shortly after, realizing he has no close guy friends to be his best man in the wedding, he goes on a series of ‘man-dates’ to find a best man for the big day.

The beginning of the movie has various funny parts, but when everyone Peter knows starts setting him up on man-dates to meet his potential best man, his life starts getting out of control.

Stressing out about trying to sell “The Hulk’s” house (Lou Ferrigno) and keeping his relationship with his fiancée going, Peter finally meets Sydney Fife (Jason Segal, who starred in “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,”) and they hit it off immediately.

Sydney is an opinionated but easy-going person who brings Peter out of his shell, giving him the experience he missed out on growing up.

Peter and Sydney start hanging out more and more throughout the film. Some of their adventures may remind you of the funny moments you had growing up with your best friends.

But all is not well, as the new relationship starts taking a toll on the relationship between Peter and his new fiancée, forcing Peter to choose between Zooey and Sydney.

I think this movie was hilarious.The whole time I was wondering what was next. It is not one of those movies that have all the funny parts in the trailer and do not leave anything for the movie to keep you laughing.

Throughout the movie, people in the movie theater were clapping as if they were watching a stand-up comedian. My stomach was even a little sore because I was laughing so much during the film.

I have already recommended this movie to all my friends and coworkers.

I am going to go see it and pay full admission again, because I thought it was extremely funny and entertaining.

Official U.S. Marine Corps Web Site

RSS Feeds

Privacy Policy

External Li

Ellie