PDA

View Full Version : Joining the marine corps while living in Dubai

kingloki
03-30-09, 07:10 AM
ive recently moved to dubai with my mom(biggest mistake in my life) but i want to join the Marine corps how do i do that while im here ? I am a us citizen and im going to the embassy in a couple days but can you guys think of anything is it possible if i go trough a physical here because i dont want to buy a ticket and go back to the states just to hear that im not eligible if you know what i mean thnx for your time :iwo:

0231Marine
03-30-09, 07:26 AM
First, you need to fill out your profile.

Second, Marine Corps is always capitalized.

Third, if you're an American citizen, you should have no issue enlisting if you come back to the states. Do you have a relative you can stay with for a few weeks while you DEP in and get all the paperwork processed? You are over 18 correct? Do you have a criminal history that would preclude you from obtaining an MOS?

kingloki
03-31-09, 04:24 AM
srry dident know i shouldve wrote it down like that ill remember but yeah im 20 years old the problem is i dont have any relatives where i can stay at and 3 years ago i had a infraction for driving without a license and possesion of marijuana i dident get any misdemeanors because it whas my first offense havent done anything stupid after that would that stop me because i want to become a combat engineer ?

0231Marine
03-31-09, 07:06 AM
Geez, do you have a caps lock button or a shift key on that keyboard you're using? Or how about a period. Ever hear of a run on sentence?

I don't know about the infraction but the best thing to do would be contact a Marine recruiter from wherever it is you left the states from and see what he has to say about it.

kingloki
03-31-09, 07:17 AM
even tough im thankfull for ur help im not here in a english class thank you anyway :thumbup:

JWDevilDog
03-31-09, 07:39 AM
even tough im thankfull for ur help im not here in a english class thank you anyway :thumbup:

Listen here, Kingloki. If you want to post in our forums, you have to follow certain rules. They can be found here:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

You should pay special attention to rules number 5 and 8. A big courtesy in the Marine Corps is addressing Marines by their rank. I understand you don't know the rank structure yet, but you can do a simple google search and look at 0231Marine's avatar and learn that he is a Corporal, and you can call him as such.

Number 8 is a simple rule, but a rule nonetheless. If you want to be a Marine, you need to be able to follow simple instructions and basic rules.

Chumley
03-31-09, 07:46 AM
Scratch that good advice. Scratch that English class too. Learn some RESPECT when you ask a question and receive legitimate answers! You want in the Marine Corps? It starts with Respect for Marines, Respect for the rules. You won't get any Respect without giving any - not just in the Marine Corps, but in life and anywhere in the world. :mad:
The rules on this site are very simple: Fill out your Profile, Capitalize the words United States Marine Corps, and present yourself respectably, by showing some freakin courtesy to the Marines who have Earned it. Remember, you came here with a question. Don't like it, don't come back. Simple.

sparkie
03-31-09, 08:22 AM
Another popcorn thread. We are willing to instruct, but, only if you're willing to learn. Otherwise,,BY BY Dubai.

KawiGunny
03-31-09, 09:28 AM
Might want to lay off the roids too.

kingloki
03-31-09, 12:11 PM
ok im sorry dident know it whas that sirous my apologies and im no steroid junky not everyone has to do steroids to be bigg

Quinbo
03-31-09, 12:27 PM
A request for you to use proper spelling grammer and punctuation is not an attempt to brow beat you. It demonstrates good written communication skills. You did graduate high school right? Most of us would probably get a few red marks from an english teacher on any given post. Why don't you demonstrate a little professionalism and at least make an attempt. Marines set high standards and you are on a Marine site as a guest. Do not expect any more assistance here until you can improve on the things already noted.

kingloki
03-31-09, 01:25 PM
if u say so chief go **** urself;)

NoRemorse
03-31-09, 01:43 PM
I don't know about you, sparkie, but I'm starting another bowl of popcorn right now.

Happy hunting, Marines.

Quinbo
03-31-09, 01:52 PM
Not going to get an angry retort from me. It would be a waste of my time to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed punk boy.

NoRemorse
03-31-09, 01:56 PM
Not going to get an angry retort from me. It would be a waste of my time to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed punk boy.

He could always go army.