<br />
By James W. Crawley <br />
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER <br />
<br />
July 3, 2003

greensideout
07-03-03, 09:20 PM
Oh man! This a said commentary!

To the Mom I say no, the Drill Instructor did not ruin your kid's career, you and him whining did. He was learning hand to hand combat for Peat's sake! Some bits and pieces of the martial arts.
How would you teach this WITHOUT putting your hands on him?

If he heals well, then he can get back into the program. If not, he goes home. At least that is how it could have been before the whining and investigation.

Humm---I wonder if he had some ski fractures that he failed to mention when he joined?

I side with the DI.

btrogu
07-03-03, 09:32 PM
Oh yeah, he was real athlete, those two a day golf drills. They're murder on the body.

top1371
07-03-03, 10:16 PM
Maybe he forgot his STUNTMAN! :D

Semper Fi,

MillRatUSMC
07-03-03, 10:53 PM
http://www.z-ride.com/f/gf05.jpg
Real name is James Grayson Fricke.
This has to be cleared by the Marine Corps
It was just an accident in training.
But this recruit has some fame.
The Marine Corps has to protect all parties involved.
I hate to see some Drill Instructor career go down the drain because of an accident.
No hands on in training?
Get realistic!
Deaths happening in combat in Afghanistan and Iraq, and we worrying about a few broken bones.
We have to set our piorities somewhere.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

richgitz
07-03-03, 10:58 PM
Yhe replys I have read are right on. Some people want the name
Marine, but don't want what it takes to get it. As a former DI, I
Had whiners, and phone calls at all hours from mothers wanting
to talk to their sons. Some of these young men should have cut
the apron strings, before they left. SEMPER-FI to all who are
serving and have served. God bless our Corps.

:marine: :yes:

virwar
07-04-03, 12:51 PM
"Skiing", "golf" = athletic !?!?!? Now if he spent three days humping up the 20,000 ft mountain with all his gear and then skid down the mountain I would be a little impressed (maybe, well yeah, impressed is too strong a word). Golf on the other hand, okay, I'll give him the every benefit of the doubt that I can, So he walked a mile in 4 hours, bigfkndeal, he11 the PFT is 3 mile run in 18 minutes. As far as the movies go, I've never even heard of them. HA!!! And as far as the "abuse", what the fvk would this puzzyazz sh!tthead to do if he was in combat or God forbid a POW camp. Hey, recruits get hurt sometimes, recruits recover, and recruits become MARINES. Puzzies on the other hand cry to momma and the media and go back home and worry about their skiing, golf, and movie "careers". OOH-RAH to the Drill Instructors for weeding out the weak to keep our Marine Corps strong. Semper Fi Dave