PDA

View Full Version : Iraq / Afghanistan Today.

Pages : [1] 2

Hayes
03-28-09, 06:20 AM
I had talked it over with a few members about making this thread.

This thread is basically for anyone who.. Is, has been, going to or just curious about what its like over here in Iraq / Afghanistan Today.

A lot has changed throughout the years.

This is a place where anyone can come to ask questions about Iraq / Afghanistan or speak freely and tell their war stories or just give a tale about something crazy they might have done to beat the boredom!

Also a place where Marines :flag: such as myself can keep in contact with the world back home and get some motivation :banana: and stay positive while were out here serving with the best.

Lets keep it professional and courteous. Remember your OPSEC as well!!!

Sincerely,

Hayes
03-28-09, 06:30 AM
ALSO!!! Feel Free to Post any pictures you may have of your tour of duty!!!!!!!!!

redman1
03-28-09, 06:33 AM
Good job LCpl Hayes
Look forward to hearing from all of you
Remember your training and cover each others back
All of us back home support you now and when you come back you will get a Big Welcome Home Marine and it won't take twenty years either.
Look forward to seeing pictures also
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
03-28-09, 06:37 AM
Much appreciated Redman! I'll be the first to admit that the day I hit these forums and started talking with everyone it made life her so much more tolerable. It's a great way to keep myself busy out here keep the folks back home updated and helps pass the time when im bored as hell haha. I watch for new post like a hawk!

Semper Fi :flag:

SSgt Ramsey
03-28-09, 07:17 AM
LCpl Hayes:

I commend your initiative and thoughtfulness in this gesture.

I am middle-aged, cranky, and often times opinionated and critical of our leaders and their decisions, but I have a undying commitment to Marine's (especially) and all of our military branches.

While I have life in my heart and breath in my lungs, I will forever support you magnificent humans called Marine's...anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

Thank you...:flag:

Rocky C
03-28-09, 07:34 AM
Good Morning LCpl Hayes,
Great thread to start !!! My Thoughts and Prayers are always with my Fellow Brothers and Sisters over there. Anytime you want to chat or need some Moto, we are here. Keep your azz safe and keep us up to date.
Tell everyone that we said hello and Thank you!!!!
Semper Fi My Brother,

Rocky

Marine84
03-28-09, 08:07 AM
Thank you to ALL of you over there! It's great that we have the internet and you guys can keep in touch with the REAL world. Just as generations before you blazed the path for you, you are now blazing a path for future generations.

I only have one request..................write my name (Kim) on a round before you send it down range. K?

Hayes
03-28-09, 08:21 AM
Once again I cannot express my appreciation for all your motivation and support. Currently were getting some prtty bad sandstorms right now. Starting to pick up every hour! A little bit of sand never stopped me though haha.

A little information about myself: Im currently with Combat Logistics Battalion 4 H&S Co. Primarily stationed on Okinawa, JPN. My MOS is 0612 Field Wireman, my secondary is 0614 ULCS Switchboard Operator Maintainer. Pretty much I run all the lines for phones, computers such as Fiber Optic and all that good stuff. (Communications PLT) Our current tour of duty is 7 months, (6 months now) and we should be returning somewhere in the September range of this year. Although there has been talk of us extending until January because we havnt found someone to replace us yet!!

Iraq itself is still a dangerous country. There are many freelance terrorist still actively sabotaging US Forces. Before I had got out here I had heard from fellow marines that had done the tours before that the war was over here and now were just sitting around. Well this time has been different.
I work in the UMCC now as a radio operator pretty much for the Intel guys and such. And it's almost if were being attacked every day.

Ive seen mortars hit short of 100 yards hit near my shop On base. Of course that didnt stop me from enjoying my cigarette haha. The worst out here are the IED's that are laying around the roads here everywhere!

Recently a close friend of mine was the Vehicle Commander for a convoy heading to a FOB outside base. They had rolled right beside a hidden IED and blew his truck to shreds. He took some shrapnel to his face which had blown through the glass. It occured to me then that this place is still the real deal. Needless to say hes okay now, still shaken up it but no one was killed thank god.

People in the media say that this war is over in Iraq and we should just move to Afghanistan. On first hand accounts I call that bull**** in everyway. This war has just started to begin again.

Hayes
03-28-09, 08:23 AM
Thank you to ALL of you over there! It's great that we have the internet and you guys can keep in touch with the REAL world. Just as generations before you blazed the path for you, you are now blazing a path for future generations.

I only have one request..................write my name (Kim) on a round before you send it down range. K?

Haha will do. Ive got enough of them. Every Marine he has been issued a full combat load of 180 rounds with 1 full magazine loaded at all times. Im sure I can sharpie your name on one of them!

redman1
03-28-09, 08:29 AM
LCpl Have you checked out my thread Cowboy Up?
What's a day like from start to finish over there?
Do you go out on patrols and then come back to home base?
That's what I did in Nam, we would go out for days and then return to home base
Also are there any Marines in your unit that are Masons, or Shrine?
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
03-28-09, 08:40 AM
Were not involved into to many patrols. We do have a roaming Camp Guard outside the base though. The grunts and recon usually take the rest. And our security company for the battalion is out with every convoy locked and loaded.

A typical day for myself consist of working 12 hour shifts everyday as a radio operator for the convoys traveling outside the bases. I usually get up and have a nice shower which are in seperate trailers outside, pretty nice actually. Get my routine Marine Corps shave out of the way and then head off to the chow hall to get prett much a full course meal at any time of the day. We have breakfeast, lunch, dinner and Midrats. The chow hall is probably one of the biggest buildings on base. After that we have a small Internet Cafe that Ill go to to upload some pictures on my laptop, talk to the family and the girlfriend back on Oki. Other than that its pretty much Eat Work Sleep.

Hayes
03-28-09, 08:43 AM
Also are there any Marines in your unit that are Masons, or Shrine?
Semper Fi Redman1

Are you referring to Free Masons?
Im not quite sure about any in my unit specifically in other units there are a few. My grandfather himself is a mason.

redman1
03-28-09, 08:56 AM
Interesting,
So what kind of chow?
Sounds like its not much worse than Oki.
Even our home base wasn't much in Nam our showers when we got them were bags or drums filled with water.
How do the locals treat you and are you happy with the progress?
How do your fellow Marines feel about the Obama admin?
How do they handle security with all the cell phones and computers these days?
They used to monitor our pictures we sent home.
All talks home you would have to stand in a long line and talk through ham operators if you were lucky.
My grandma dies while I was over there and I didn't find out until two months later.
I also chose not to say how it really was so as not to worry family back home
I really don't understand how it could be safe
When I was in Nam I kept my thought on what I was there for and blocked out home and my wife. Don't know if I could handle all this communication these days. I liked doing my 13 mos and being done with it. Then all my energy could focus on home and pussy.
Don't mean to ask so many questions but I'm interested to really know how it is from the so called horses mouth.
Be sure to give a big OOHRAH to your fellow Marines
Semper Fi Redman1

redman1
03-28-09, 09:01 AM
Are you referring to Free Masons?
I'm not quite sure about any in my unit specifically in other units there are a few. My grandfather himself is a mason.

Yep
If you know any tell them that Redman1 said he was a travelling man also.
They will know what I mean.
Keep it real and scratch Marine84 name on that round she needs it and while your at it there a few of us that wouldn't mind the favor also
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
03-28-09, 09:33 AM
Interesting,
So what kind of chow?
Sounds like its not much worse than Oki.
Even our home base wasn't much in Nam our showers when we got them were bags or drums filled with water.
How do the locals treat you and are you happy with the progress?
How do your fellow Marines feel about the Obama admin?
How do they handle security with all the cell phones and computers these days?
They used to monitor our pictures we sent home.
All talks home you would have to stand in a long line and talk through ham operators if you were lucky.
My grandma dies while I was over there and I didn't find out until two months later.
I also chose not to say how it really was so as not to worry family back home
I really don't understand how it could be safe
When I was in Nam I kept my thought on what I was there for and blocked out home and my wife. Don't know if I could handle all this communication these days. I liked doing my 13 mos and being done with it. Then all my energy could focus on home and pussy.
Don't mean to ask so many questions but I'm interested to really know how it is from the so called horses mouth.
Be sure to give a big OOHRAH to your fellow Marines
Semper Fi Redman1

The chow ranges from steak to lobster tail, spaghetti and meatalls, soups salads hamurgers, anything you can thin of they have it. Havnt eat this well in years haha! Gotta do extra crunches every night just to make sure i dont get fat!

The locals here are very quiet. The mojority of the base is run by the Ugandins who provided security at all the establishments (chow hall, px)
The ugandin females run the PX and there very nice. The Iraqi men run the barber shop and give some great haircuts haha. There are all pretty nice guys. Then theres the camp service iraqis that dont say anything just clean the heads and whatnot. Personally I think were making steady progress. Democracy cant be forced on a country all at once.

Every Marine that I have met including myself are all supporters of Obama.
Im very happy with his administration, its just starting to begin. Of course theres going to be some things that people wont agree with but I see it as this country is finally starting to accept change. People arnt as close minded as they use to be.

As for satellite phones and computers every marine is given about 100 briefs in OPSEC or opporational Security. Any classified or secret DoD information can never be exposed of course. Pretty much its just common sense. If your ass exposes something that you shouldnt have, well the DoD along with the Marine Corps is gonna have your ass "pushing" for a long ****ing time if you get what I mean..

With modern technology today, webcams, computer mics and all msg programs such as this its easy to keep in contact 24/7. I usually get my mom on the webcam every other night. Theres tons of computers here provided with internet at an Internet cafe that we have. So keeping in touch is no problem. These days its nearly enforced for you to keep in touch back home because the Marine Corps doesnt want to deal with your mom calling the BN Sgt. Major and asking why she hasnt heard from her son or daughter. (Mothers will find a way....trust me I know) haha

Back when I was first setting in on Oki i hadnt called my mom in awhile because I was so busy with all the new changes. Well go figure my mom found my recruiter and ended up Getting my BN Sgt. Majors phone number in OKINAWA!....needless to say she called him and within 20 minutes he called my shop and my sgt answered the phone..talked a bit and hung up. My Sgt says to me...Hayes you need to call your damn mom......and it be in your best interest to tell her to not call the Sgt Major anymore hahahaha

marine3043
03-28-09, 10:08 AM
get one of those man dresses and run through the chow hall--see how far you get..==

i bet you went to the px before iraq and bought one of those big knives,,, ha---all pfc's and lcpl's go to the foster uniform store and think they are badass and buy a long ass knife that they think they will use,,, if you are in a knife fight in iraq or afghanistan it is a bad day,

Hayes
03-28-09, 10:14 AM
haha the only tool i have is my Gerber which I use for splicing wires. They issued us a knife out here which I use to get the dirt out from my nails with lol.

SGT7477
03-28-09, 10:27 AM
Keep up the good fight Marine, we Marines stand behind all of our brothers in harms way, Get Some, Semper FI.

commdog7
03-28-09, 10:34 AM
I spent some time in Iraq. When I got bored, I killed terrorists!!! Well, actually I just thought about killing terrorists as I never had the opportunity.... Hey, I can dream, can't I? :D

Maldonado 2060
03-28-09, 11:10 AM
get one of those man dresses and run through the chow hall--see how far you get..==

i bet you went to the px before iraq and bought one of those big knives,,, ha---all pfc's and lcpl's go to the foster uniform store and think they are badass and buy a long ass knife that they think they will use,,, if you are in a knife fight in iraq or afghanistan it is a bad day,

:p I did that.LOL......It only came in handy for opening MRE's and taking RAMBO pics

marine3043
03-28-09, 11:13 AM
I was up at the rifle range and we were shooting table 2,,, we had eye pro on and were getting ready to start the speed reload---they said fire and my face filled with blood --i yelled i cant see but i can still shoot---they block yelled at me not to fire,,, they took me off the range my eye pro and face covred in blood--

the acog hit me in the face but i didnt know it and the cut did not start bleeding right away-- now all the snco's call me acog===

good thing they made us were glasses or i would of really got messed up--

HurricaneRJ
03-28-09, 12:56 PM
Normal day for me on deployment is basically. Post for 8 hours, then 16 to do whatever needs to be done. MCI's, PT, and Chow. The Chow Halls over here are amazing. Better than the states. I usually get nothing but chicken and fruit all day.

jetdawgg
03-28-09, 01:54 PM
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/1108/MarineCorpsThankyouImage4.jpg

Hayes
03-28-09, 01:58 PM
Normal day for me on deployment is basically. Post for 8 hours, then 16 to do whatever needs to be done. MCI's, PT, and Chow. The Chow Halls over here are amazing. Better than the states. I usually get nothing but chicken and fruit all day.
Where are you and with what Unit?

Hayes
03-29-09, 04:21 AM
So i got online last night and I tried to upload some pictures but the site just wasnt agreeing with me. I'll have to try again tonight.

Achped
03-29-09, 04:38 AM
Once again I cannot express my appreciation for all your motivation and support. Currently were getting some prtty bad sandstorms right now. Starting to pick up every hour! A little bit of sand never stopped me though haha.

A little information about myself: Im currently with Combat Logistics Battalion 4 H&S Co. Primarily stationed on Okinawa, JPN. My MOS is 0612 Field Wireman, my secondary is 0614 ULCS Switchboard Operator Maintainer. Pretty much I run all the lines for phones, computers such as Fiber Optic and all that good stuff. (Communications PLT) Our current tour of duty is 7 months, (6 months now) and we should be returning somewhere in the September range of this year. Although there has been talk of us extending until January because we havnt found someone to replace us yet!!

Iraq itself is still a dangerous country. There are many freelance terrorist still actively sabotaging US Forces. Before I had got out here I had heard from fellow marines that had done the tours before that the war was over here and now were just sitting around. Well this time has been different.
I work in the UMCC now as a radio operator pretty much for the Intel guys and such. And it's almost if were being attacked every day.

Ive seen mortars hit short of 100 yards hit near my shop On base. Of course that didnt stop me from enjoying my cigarette haha. The worst out here are the IED's that are laying around the roads here everywhere!

Recently a close friend of mine was the Vehicle Commander for a convoy heading to a FOB outside base. They had rolled right beside a hidden IED and blew his truck to shreds. He took some shrapnel to his face which had blown through the glass. It occured to me then that this place is still the real deal. Needless to say hes okay now, still shaken up it but no one was killed thank god.

People in the media say that this war is over in Iraq and we should just move to Afghanistan. On first hand accounts I call that bull**** in everyway. This war has just started to begin again.

Holy **** its a small Corps... I'm not going to say much more than that, but there's someone you work with...that I know VERY very well...

Hayes
03-29-09, 04:41 AM
Holy **** its a small Corps... I'm not going to say much more than that, but there's someone you work with...that I know VERY very well...

Oh come on man you gotta drop the name!
Who is it lol?

Achped
03-29-09, 04:42 AM
What shift do you work, noon to midnight?

Hayes
03-29-09, 04:43 AM
Yea exactly. Are you talking about who I think you are. Cpl type...shes in comm?

Achped
03-29-09, 04:45 AM
I told you man I can't drop names. But when you see her tomorrow, just tell her "A corporal on Al Asad, told me to tell you 'Aloha'."

Don't say anything else, no matter how much she pesters you.

Achped
03-29-09, 04:48 AM
You're not her boyfriend are you? I met him when you guys first got here but I don't remember if he looks like you or what.

Hayes
03-29-09, 06:23 AM
Nah not me, my chicks back in okinawa ha. Man you gotta PM me the name. Im almost a 100% positive i know who your talking about. If so I just smoked a cigarette with her like 5 minutes ago ha

Hayes
03-29-09, 06:29 AM
So its the 29th Sunday 1430. Its hot as hell today. Just got back from a PME about the Sgt Majors letter. I hate that crap. They squished 50 of us in a little wood shack and started reading stuff. I was sweating to death. Other than that Iraq is not to bad today. Suns out and you can actually see the sky today! No sandstorms woo!

redman1
03-29-09, 08:23 AM
Good Morning you Devil Dogs, Leathernecks, Jarheads, Marines out there especially you Jarheads in Iraq with LCpl Hayes.
LCpl Hayes thanks for all the info and for starting this thread.
All of us Marines back home look forward to hearing from you and hearing about the real **** over there. When we have to depend on the news media you only hear what they want you to hear.
I will tune in on this thread every morning just like Morning Zephyr, and Cowboy Up

Have you checked out my profile pictures? I think everyday how great my life is now and can relax. At times I think we all take what we have for granted. For those who haven't been there and done that they just don't appreciate what they have.
When I was in Nam I carried a zippo lighter that said "For those who fought for it, freedom the protected will never know. There's allot of truth in that. Also on the other side it said When I Die I'll Go To Heaven Cause I've Spent My Time In Hell.
Stay tuned in and kick ass!!!!!!
Semper Fi Marines Redman1

Achped
03-29-09, 10:21 AM
Hayes enjoy the heat, i would prefer it over the freezing temps earlier in the deployment. 3ft icicles and wind chills of 8 degrees suck. But if I was in a unit with females I might have enjoyed it a little better, I'd keep warm for sure then ;)

Im not going to say anything else about this chick, it could be more than one (I actually know two chicks that are out there with you) I just hope I dont ever see her again.

Hayes
03-30-09, 05:00 AM
Afternoon everyone. I posted a few pictures in my "Hayes and Iraq" album. The internet was slow last night at the cafe so I'll upload more tonight hopefully. Right now the weather went down, It's chilly and windy as hell. Sandstorm is picking up.

redman1
03-30-09, 05:19 AM
It morning here and its good to here form you.
I'll check in every morning and look forward to you updates
Thanks for the pictures. You can put captions under them if you want so we can know what they are or where they are.
I remember in Nam it was hot but it was so hot that when the sun went down it felt cold even if the temperatures weren't that cold. Especially in the monsoon season.
Can't believe how good you Marines eat over there.
Hell I remember fighting over certain things in our MRE's.
When we were at our home base the chow wasn't much better, as I remember sometimes I'd rather eat the MRE's.
You are in our prayers every night
Be sure to say hello to all the Marines in your unit and let them know we support them and thanks for there service also
Semper Fi Redman1

redman1
03-30-09, 05:54 AM
LCpl sent you a PM and said you could put captions under your pictures and then I was showing my wife and saw your captions. I just didn't scroll down enough. Thanks again for sharing your life over there.
Semper Fi Redman1

mcvet57103
03-30-09, 08:36 AM
Semper Fi LCpl. Sending my best to you and all the other jarheads in harms way. Never doubt we are thinkoing about all of you, and you all are in our prayers.

When I was in Oki back in 75-76 based at Camp Henoko. (Not sure if it even exists as a separate base now) I had a LCpl Hayes in my Company, and his twin brother was stationed at Camp Schwab next door. He was a cook, and I think his brother was in 81mm Mortors. Wouldn't be related to them would you? Guess that would be to much of a coincidence huh? Stay safe. SF

HurricaneRJ
03-30-09, 10:31 AM
Another boring day of deployment. I'm getting sick from searching TCN every single night. Chow is still a morale booster. Hitting the gym is showing now, stopped smoking as well. Also completed another MCI today, thats about it. Now I'm going to get weighed in and then head to my shift.

Semper Fi'

redman1
03-31-09, 05:02 AM
Just wanted to say Good-morning Marines or Afternoon where you are.
Hope all of you are doing O.K.
Kick some ass and get-er-done for us.
You Marines are always in my thoughts
Wish I could serve with you but you know how us old Vietnam Vets are, old, cripple, and grouchy these days.
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
04-01-09, 04:57 AM
Afternoon everyone. Couldnt get online yesterday. We were in "River City" all day. A Marine was killed yesterday. So they shut down all the extra communications so no one informs that Marines parents before the Marine Corps gets a chance to. Other than that bad news. Some good news is I did recieve a care package from MarineParents.com . They sent me about 15 boxes a Girlscout Thin Mints and a bunch of letters from some middleschool kids. Pretty nice gesture if I must say. The weather is steadily getting warmer and then well have a cool day. Cant complain...not yet anyway.

redman1
04-01-09, 05:17 AM
Good-morning LCpl Hayes and all the Marines over there.
Good to hear from you again today.
I salute the fallen Marine and my prayers go out to his family
Like I said the other day "For Those Who Have Fought For It Freedom The Protected Will Never Know".
Stay safe and kick some ass for the Marine that gave his life yesterday.
My Prayers are with all of you every night.
That package of Girl Scout cookies and the letters was nice. I like the peanut butter one's self and my wife likes the mints. I bought two boxes this year and there not as big as they used to be.
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-01-09, 05:56 AM
Another day out here in the sandbox. Did my MRAP miles qual today, so now I'm a official driver. Other than that, still wishing i was in Afghanistan (Yeah right). Started to put some money in some income funds. Deployment so far isn't bad.

GSEMarine94
04-01-09, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know how much we appreciate your service. Stay safe and kick ass, Semper Fi.

Prayers out to the fallen Marine and his family.

Achped
04-01-09, 07:52 AM
I'm heading out of Iraq this month gents! Enjoy the heat. Half a year in Iraq goes by real quick, its the last few weeks that suck! PT, eat healthy, and save your money. Gonna be straight ballin in Waikiki here soon enough!

mcvet57103
04-01-09, 08:24 AM
Achped, Every mornin when you wake up the first words out of your mouth should be a loud "SHOOOORRRRTTTTTT!!!! Pizzes off the newbies and makes ya feel great!

Hayes, keep poundin that ground, keep you azz down, and cap me a couple of ragheads. If you can find it, dip the projectile tips on each of your rounds in pigs blood. Then sign the ragheads travel visa to allah with em. SF

HurricaneRJ
04-01-09, 10:11 AM
I'm heading out of Iraq this month gents! Enjoy the heat. Half a year in Iraq goes by real quick, its the last few weeks that suck! PT, eat healthy, and save your money. Gonna be straight ballin in Waikiki here soon enough!
At least your not like those *******s who shout "20 days" when they pass through the convoys.

mcvet57103
04-01-09, 10:21 AM
At least your not like those *******s who shout "20 days" when they pass through the convoys.RJ, when you're short you'll be giving the newbies the same sh-t. Guaranteed. It's tradition. SF

Hayes
04-01-09, 11:20 AM
Before CLB-5 left there were countdowns in every stall in the bathroom. I dont care how long im out here for. I enjoy money. Im Oprah rich.:banana:

HurricaneRJ
04-01-09, 12:23 PM
Your right, the money thats coming in. Wish I was on a 13 month deployment.

mcvet57103
04-01-09, 12:28 PM
Your right, the money thats coming in. Wish I was on a 13 month deployment.Is there a bounty for al queera ragheads? If there isn't I would like to start one. I'll give the presenter, $1 for every set of Al Queera ears brought to me. :banana:SF

GSEMarine94
04-01-09, 12:28 PM
Im Oprah rich.:banana:

Dammm that's funny :D

mcvet57103
04-01-09, 12:32 PM
Im Oprah rich.:banana:You have your own touchy feely chick show??:D

Hayes
04-01-09, 12:48 PM
You have your own touchy feely chick show??:D

If only!!!

Achped
04-01-09, 10:37 PM
Oh yeah I forgot, RJ, you are from Lejeune and sh**. No wonder you like Iraq. Hayes has it skate in the Baha and probably sits around fishing and singing kumbaya with all the female Marines. I would love it too.

HurricaneRJ
04-02-09, 12:38 AM
Well it's not that I like the country or the people. But for an 0311 to land the job I'm doing. Damn right it's skate, **** LeJeune, I'll take the two man rooms with internet, I'll work ECP's for a year.

Petz
04-02-09, 12:42 AM
what!! they got internet now!!! oh, that blows.

Hayes
04-02-09, 04:31 AM
Good afternoon everyone. Its 1230 and I am tired as hell. Didn't fall asleep till 6am and came into work at 12pm. Today is gonna be hard, ugh. Thought I woke up late today because none of the clocks work here for some ungodly reason. Having a moral dilemma so thats not helping either. Today is gonna be bad. The weather is pretty mild, partly cloudy and its not really hot just warm. Im just wanting this day to be over already.

redman1
04-02-09, 05:23 AM
OOORAH you Marines.
Thanks for the daily updates. Hope all of you have as good as day as you can.
Kill some of those SOB's for us.
Sometimes after we've been out as long as I have we forget how good we have it even on our worst days.
Semper Fi to everyone and watch your asses. Redman1

Hayes
04-03-09, 07:24 AM
good after noon marines
currently 78 degrees here and it feels hot as hell.
The sun is shining extra bright today. Feels like a decent day
at the beach except no water haha. Everythings going okay here.
Got to see the girlfriend on the webcam last night so that made me feel
alot better. I wish she came out here with me. Would have made life
alot better if I could see her face at least once a day.

mcvet57103
04-03-09, 07:32 AM
Stay cool! Litterally and figuratively. Stay focused on your goal, and work towards it. Jody will take care of the GF for ya. SF

Hayes
04-03-09, 07:41 AM
haha theres no jody lol, shes a marine lol...actually that might be worse:scared:

mcvet57103
04-03-09, 07:44 AM
haha theres no jody lol, shes a marine lol...actually that might be worse:scared:Yeah that could be painful. Pizz a WM off and she could make Loraina Bobbit look like a girl scout.:scared:

redman1
04-03-09, 08:21 AM
Good morning Marines
Good to hear from you and know you are O.K.
Stay cool and kick ass and remember all of us at home are pulling for you.
Semper Fi Redman1

redman1
04-04-09, 05:27 AM
Good morning Marines, and LCpl Hayes
Hope this finds all of you doing O.K.
Thanks for what your doing for us back home.
Everyday while we are living our good lives we never need to forget the price you Marines are paying for our freedom. I had my chance in Nam and now its your turn and we all are behind you.
Stay safe and kick ass.
Semper Fi Redman1

bgsuwoody
04-04-09, 05:36 AM
Well for those of you who don't know me, I am LCPL Woodall and I am a grunt here in the depths of Afghanistan. I am here now, but I will spread a little info when I get back in a few months. I think it would be unwise to share them now and give you the day to day...especially when its that time of year around here. It'll be what you want and what you will learn to hate out here in the Ghan.

DocGreek
04-04-09, 05:58 AM
"BUGS".......glad to hear that you're okay!! How's your Plt Corpsman doin'?? Is he staying out of trouble? My BEST to you, and ALL the Grunts, and Squids!!......DOC

marine3043
04-04-09, 06:36 AM
i love the play by play-=== wait doesnt the enemy have internet to-=---oh yeha only marines know about leatherneck. what did they teach you at camp foster and clb ---guess you feel asleep for the opsec deployment class as godfrey hall---hmmm...

redman1
04-04-09, 06:53 AM
bgsuwoody good to hear from you. I sent you a friendship request awhile back and haven't heard anything. I know you have allot more on your mind than that but I would like to be on your friends list.
It will be good to catch up on how things really are over there when you get home.
Are you on the short time list?
Stay safe and kick ass.
Say hello to all the Marines in your Unit from all of us.
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
04-04-09, 02:40 PM
Its 22:30 right now. hate to keep sending ****ty news but we lost another Marine last night. Didnt personally know him but its still a tragedy. Hoping the rest of us are staying safe.

redman1
04-04-09, 04:33 PM
LCpl Hayes good to hear from you. Any news is news to us.
Sorry about the fallen Marine.
Our prayers go out to him and his family.
Stay safe and kick some ass for us.
Semper Fi Redman1

mcvet57103
04-04-09, 04:50 PM
Gotta say this, Every time I log onto this thread and see you posting, or achped, or any other Marine. I first look to see what time it was you posted. All I can say is Semper Fi Marine, and knowing...

redman1
04-04-09, 04:56 PM
The same goes for me also. <br />
Its good to hear from the real deal and before we hear it on the evening news. <br />
Stay safe <br />
Semper Fi Redman1

bgsuwoody
04-04-09, 10:38 PM
Well I am ready to get out of this country lets say that. We are all ready to get home when the job is finished. I really don't want to say much on here, because quite frankly the mission isn't done here and being me, I'll just leave it at that.

Doc, we are actually very lucky at our FOB, we have a number of DOCs and they are all quite good at what they do, I think we have 4-5

Hayes, I just want to ask that if this is going to be your area for daily events, just leave Marine lives out of it. I have had a few good friends lose the good fight in this effort and I could not imagine if their families were on a site like this and had the worry that it may be their kid. No one else needs to know that stuff. We've had hard times out here too, but I don't think it needs to be addressed. Just me...

Other than that its just another day roaming the poppy fields...

mcvet57103
04-04-09, 10:54 PM
Well I am ready to get out of this country lets say that. We are all ready to get home when the job is finished. I really don't want to say much on here, because quite frankly the mission isn't done here and being me, I'll just leave it at that.

Doc, we are actually very lucky at our FOB, we have a number of DOCs and they are all quite good at what they do, I think we have 4-5

Hayes, I just want to ask that if this is going to be your area for daily events, just leave Marine lives out of it. I have had a few good friends lose the good fight in this effort and I could not imagine if their families were on a site like this and had the worry that it may be their kid. No one else needs to know that stuff. We've had hard times out here too, but I don't think it needs to be addressed. Just me...

Other than that its just another day roaming the poppy fields...Thank you for your sacrifices. As for Hayes and letting us know when a Marine has fallen. You should be aware that whenever a Marine falls, there is a miedia blackout untill the family has been notified. We are, and always will be a brotherhood. When one of us is wounded, or God forbid gives the full measure, we greave as much as anyone. No-one knows, as said in another thread, the feeling one goes through, unless you are there, when a buddy is taken in combat.

Let me tell you this Marine. And I can assure you I speak for all us old salts. I spend every waking hour thinking about, and praying for all of you in harms way. When one of you falls, we, this brotherhood, present and former Mairnes, feels the emotional pain. You are our sons and daughters. If not our blood, you are in spirit. SF

DocGreek
04-04-09, 10:56 PM
MARINES.....We all try to keep what's said here, stay here. PLEASE....DON'T get into trouble, because you want to keep us updated. I feel like SH!T about that Marine.....will light a candle for him, AND his family. GOD Bless EVERY ONE of you MEN....in harm's way! KICK AZZ, AND TAKE NAMES!!!!......DOC

redman1
04-05-09, 02:34 AM
Thank you for your sacrifices. As for Hayes and letting us know when a Marine has fallen. You should be aware that whenever a Marine falls, there is a media blackout until the family has been notified. We are, and always will be a brotherhood. When one of us is wounded, or God forbid gives the full measure, we grieve as much as anyone. No-one knows, as said in another thread, the feeling one goes through, unless you are there, when a buddy is taken in combat.

Let me tell you this Marine. And I can assure you I speak for all us old salts. I spend every waking hour thinking about, and praying for all of you in harms way. When one of you falls, we, this brotherhood, present and former Marines, feels the emotional pain. You are our sons and daughters. If not our blood, you are in spirit. SF

MCVET Will said!!!!
What DocGreek said also good.
I appreciate this site that LCpl Hayes has started and I think he used good since when he post and doesn't tell to much. So far I don't think he has memtioned names. It is good to hear the truth from the one's of you that are there.
Take care, watch your back and kick ass
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-05-09, 03:29 AM
When a Marine dies we call it "River City" The Internet and phone centers are all cut off. So the military would be the first one to notify the family instead of some random soldier posting on facebook or something. Lately though we had some suicides here in Iraq, but then again in our Suicide prevention classes. Suicide is high when Marines are not in combat.

I guess some Marines here can't take the hazing, and it is tough sometimes. Just the other day, a senior Marine ****ed on two cigarettes buts in a porta-john and made someone pick it up and put it in thier pockets. Stupid **** like that is way overboard and we constantly get "cutters" here as well. Some of them are friends I came in with. It's sad to see it happen but all I can do is keep an eye out.

Hayes
04-05-09, 04:54 AM
Once again I would just like to thank all the Marines and Sailors on this forum for their constant support.

As for the fallen Marines, I do plan to keep our brothers notified about these men. I will not though ever mention names. As said before when a Marine or Sailor falls we instantly go into "River City" and all communications go out.

The families are always the first to know. I would never want to take that away from them. When I usually post about a fallen Marine its usually 1-3 days after the family had been notified already.

Hoping that everyone is staying safe wherever you are. :flag:

redman1
04-05-09, 05:38 AM
LCpl Hayes your doing a good job and thanks.
As you can see we all care.
Semper Fi Redman1

DocGreek
04-05-09, 07:15 AM
Going to church today, after the BIG gathering, and light 2, or 3, candles....for ALL of my "STEPSON'S"....in the sand!! Nothing to do with Religion, only my own personal prayers for them ALL!.....KEEP YOUR HEADS, AND BUTTS...DOWN...NUMBNUTS!!!!......SEMPER FI.....DOC

bgsuwoody
04-06-09, 02:21 AM
Well if I am going to release or discuss the events regarding the death of Marines, the hell if I discuss their death, I will discuss their lives, their legacy, their families, and the loved ones (widows and children) that they left behind...and I live with thinking about it everyday, and when I get back I will share about these great guys so you all can hear about it the right way

redman1
04-06-09, 05:47 AM
Good morning Marines
bgsuwoody, we wouldn't have it any other way when you get home. I know how it eats you up when it happens. I didn't make many friends when in the Corps because when we made friends in Nam they weren't here very long. Somehow it was easier to let them go if you weren't close to them. Even if you not good friends with them they are still Marine brothers and will be missed. Our hearts are with all of you and are prayers go out everyday for you all.
LCpl Hayes hope you are doing O.K. today.
Semper Fi Redman1

davblay
04-06-09, 08:29 AM
Thank you for keeping us up to date on the war, brother. In the day we had no communications except snail mail and the Mars RADIO system (you VN Vets know what I mean).

Keep up the motivation and keep your head and ass wired together, we want you all home safe, soon!

Semper Fi,

Dave

mcvet57103
04-06-09, 08:45 AM
You all stay safe, and come here and vent whenever you feel the need to unload some chit building in your head, or heart. Let all the Marines there with you know about this site, and mention it to all Marines you meet. Send em here, and we will welcome them all. Their experience, and knowledge will not only help the future Marines in Poolee Hall, but help anybody who cruises this site understand us better. SF

charm1110
04-06-09, 01:43 PM
L/cpl Hayes good job on this thread I really enjoy it. even if I don't say alot here I stop by nearly every day.

Hurricane, bgsu, & all the rest of you Marines over there take care of yourselves and your buddies. I want all of you to know there's alot of us that pray for your safety daily.

Semper Fi..

HurricaneRJ
04-07-09, 01:09 AM
Thanks Cpl. I'm safe here where I'm at. I finally see what the other side of the Marine Corps is like. I'm living in paradise compared to my other grunt brothers out there in **** holes of the world. I still can't believe how all that training for Afghanistan we had received. a 10 month work-up just to do base security. I see that as a waist of money, and assets. But I'm sucking it up, jobs have to be done.

As for today, everything still the same. Night shift and that's about it, at least I get time to get in MCI and Marinenet courses over here. Good time to sharpen my skills. In no time it will be my turn to lead.

redman1
04-07-09, 04:02 AM
Good-morning Marines,
Hope all of you are safe this day.
Goodmorning LCpl Hayes that started this good thread, which I look forward to checking every morning first thing.
Hurricane, hang in there all job in the Corps are important. Things change everyday in the Corps and you never know what you might need to do. Every Marine is trained to kill in war time but its not something to brag about and it takes years to get over combat and some of us never do.
I was thinking about the sand/dirt that was in my uniform in Nam and I laugh at myself thinking its nothing to what sand you guys must see.
Thanks to all of you for a job well done and kick some ass and stay safe.
Semper Fi Redman1

mcvet57103
04-07-09, 08:00 AM
Thanks Cpl. I'm safe here where I'm at. I finally see what the other side of the Marine Corps is like. I'm living in paradise compared to my other grunt brothers out there in **** holes of the world. I still can't believe how all that training for Afghanistan we had received. a 10 month work-up just to do base security. I see that as a waist of money, and assets. But I'm sucking it up, jobs have to be done.

As for today, everything still the same. Night shift and that's about it, at least I get time to get in MCI and Marinenet courses over here. Good time to sharpen my skills. In no time it will be my turn to lead.Hurricane, never doubt why you did certain training. You might never use it, but if you have to use it one time it will have been worth the hassel. Imagine if you hadn't had the training and one time you needed it. Maybe not you but one of your buddies could be hurt because you weren't prepared. Sometimes it does seem like a waste of money and time, but it only takes once.............Stay safe my brother. SF

Jonboyi2001
04-07-09, 12:38 PM
Hope you all are being safe overthere, and pound'n water. I keep forgetting that eventhough my town isn't very big, it's big news when we join the Marines. The local paper called my house the other day because my name came up in a search for local marines with 3/8 (my mom had them print an article about me while I was in boot). Even though I haven't been in since '05, they called my house. This made me wonder if any of you guys over there know what's going on with 3/8 (ofcourse only give what you can) but I still got buddies there and a Lt that owes me a letter of rec, it won't do me any good if he goes belly up before a get my hands on him.

HurricaneRJ
04-07-09, 01:11 PM
Ask BGSUWOODY. He is with 3/8, I'm with 1/8. He's over there in Afghanistan do what we do best.

ssgtblue
04-07-09, 04:12 PM
Are any of you getting over to KAF at all, or are you out in Bastin in the desert? To all of the Older Salts, you would not belive the Chit that is at KAF. Time Hortons coffie shop,PX's,salons,and very nice sports bars(with out the beer) and the hottest B%$^#@* you will see in country period.

redman1
04-07-09, 04:19 PM
What good is a sports bar in country without beer. I was pizzed when I was in Nam I was only 20 years old and couldn't buy liquor. I would trade other things from my ration card and let someone older buy me liquor. We could always seem to get hot beer anytime sometime in place of water.
It has always gripped me that you can fight and die for your country and can't even drink because of age. Death has no age.
Hope all of you Marines are safe today and were thinking of you.
Semper Fi Redman1

mcvet57103
04-07-09, 04:57 PM
Are any of you getting over to KAF at all, or are you out in Bastin in the desert? To all of the Older Salts, you would not belive the Chit that is at KAF. Time Hortons coffie shop,PX's,salons,and very nice sports bars(with out the beer) and the hottest B%$^#@* you will see in country period.For us old out of the loop jarheads. WTF is KAF?? I can guess it is short for Kabol, Afghanistan, am I right?

mcvet57103
04-07-09, 05:07 PM
What good is a sports bar in country without beer. I was pizzed when I was in Nam I was only 20 years old and couldn't buy liquor. I would trade other things from my ration card and let someone older buy me liquor. We could always seem to get hot beer anytime sometime in place of water.
It has always gripped me that you can fight and die for your country and can't even drink because of age. Death has no age.
Hope all of you Marines are safe today and were thinking of you.
Semper Fi Redman1That has always bugged me also. I joined the Corps about the time states started raising the drinking age to 21. Walked into a VFW in Ortonville Mn in my Dress uniform, was welcomed by all the old vets there, but was refused service because I was only 18. I've always believed that if a person, male or female, at 18 years old, has registered with selective service, they should be issued an I.D. Card to show in Bars that gives them the right to drink. Funny you can vote for the leader of this country, enlist in the military, and be considered an adult in court at 18, but you aren't mature enough to drink a beer. WTF??

ssgtblue
04-07-09, 09:45 PM
KAF= Khandahar Air Field, and Bastin is out in the middle of BFE out in the West. KAF is a Major Supply Base that has it all and I mean all.... It is an international airport

mcvet57103
04-07-09, 09:53 PM
KAF= Khandahar Air Field, and Bastin is out in the middle of BFE out in the West. KAF is a Major Supply Base that has it all and I mean all.... It is an international airportThanks for clearing that up. SF

04-07-09, 09:57 PM
You need to know what's BFE? :D

mcvet57103
04-07-09, 10:06 PM
You need to know what's BFE? :DBeen out of the Corps for 31 years now. Hell I have bunions older than some of the Gunnys who post on this site. The new, and younger generation of Marine uses more abbreviations in one sentence than I remember using my whole 4 years active. Not complaining, just explaining why some of us old farts get lost when reading some posts. :beer:SF

redman1
04-07-09, 11:17 PM
MCVET you not the only one that don't get there abbreviations I just didn't ask.
Wow it has been 37 years since I got out of the Corps and 38 years since Nam and 41 years since PI. How time flies!!!!
One time in Nam we came in off of one of our missions and our Lt took us to the Air Base and they had metal hangars and if I remember right it was a metal hangar and they had tables with table cloths on them. Had silver ware and plates. He bought us a steak dinner. Couldn't believe anything existed there.
He's the best officer I ever served under. I was a E-5 at the time.
Memories I have a few I haven't forgot.
Semper Fi Redman1

Alisium
04-07-09, 11:19 PM
BFE = Bum Fvck Egypt = middle of nowhere.

HurricaneRJ
04-08-09, 12:26 AM
Good Evening to you all. Had another easy day in Iraq, nothing special at all. Just enjoying Iraq to the best I can.

redman1
04-08-09, 12:37 AM
Hurricane RJ good to hear you are O.K.
How much time do you have left on your tour?
Keep up the good work and hang in there.
Tell everyone in your unit we said hello and thanks for there service also
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-08-09, 04:08 AM
Hurricane RJ good to hear you are O.K.
How much time do you have left on your tour?
Keep up the good work and hang in there.
Tell everyone in your unit we said hello and thanks for there service also
Semper Fi Redman1
I got 6 months and some change left. Will be back in time for the Beirut Memorial services. Hopefully I get to meet some of you guys who attend.

Achped
04-08-09, 11:50 AM
lol@6 months and some change. Why dont you just tell him you just got here?

I guess I have "some change" left because I will be back fighting the Hula-ban in so few days I can count them on my hands and toes!

HurricaneRJ
04-08-09, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but I've been operating here for a while here. Time is FLYING bye, it's like a blur. All I do is Wake-up, work, PT, Sleep ain't nothing hard about it.

Achped
04-08-09, 12:50 PM
Where are you at? I saw some guys with 1/8 shirts on in the Gym at Al Asad yesterday.

Time is flying by? Yeah, time flew by on my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, Halloween, Super Bowl Sunday...yeah...flew right by!

mcvet57103
04-08-09, 01:14 PM
Achped, You need a little cheese to go with that Whine?:D

HurricaneRJ
04-08-09, 01:36 PM
Where are you at? I saw some guys with 1/8 shirts on in the Gym at Al Asad yesterday.

Time is flying by? Yeah, time flew by on my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, Halloween, Super Bowl Sunday...yeah...flew right by!

Those guys are 1/8 Det B. There at Al-Asad. I'm with Det A, here in TQ. Word over here is that you boys are living the life over there.

redman1
04-08-09, 03:01 PM
:mad::thumbdown
lol@6 months and some change. Why dont you just tell him you just got here?

I guess I have "some change" left because I will be back fighting the Hula-ban in so few days I can count them on my hands and toes!

Achped, Why would he say that?
If a man can't be honest with us Marines on this thread he don't need to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
We are interested in what they do and about there hole tour over there.
What's up with you?
Semper Fi Redman1

Achped
04-09-09, 12:10 AM
Well, I'm living the high life right now. I had pizza hut, cinnobon, and a nice little tropical fruit smoothie for dinner yesterday. With 2 weeks left you don't mind blowing 50$ on bs...and its so easy to do on Al Asad!

redman1
04-09-09, 02:28 AM
Morning all you Marines in the big sand box overseas.
I can't believe how well some of you are eating
Hell I don't eat that good at home
Do you Marines have short time calenders? We used to have them in Nam but unlike you we knew when we got there we were not going to be there longer than 13 mos.
Times sure have changed but one thing hasn't: Were still U.S. Marines!!!
On Glenn Beck tonight he said they should call out the Marines on these Pirates taking over these ships. He even showed the Leathernecks Marines used to wear which gave us that name.
No matter how many years go buy and no matter what changes come we still are the best fighting machine there is. I'm so proud of being a Marine and serving my country.
It gets hard when you get older and cripple and all you can do is remember how you once was. One thing about us Marines is that no matter how bad our bodies get our brain is still the same and everyone knows not to **** with us.
OOHRAH
All you Marines take care and remember we all are thinking of you everyday and look forward to talking to you and being a little part in your lives today.
Semper Fi Redman1

Captain Kirk
04-09-09, 06:39 AM
Damn! I ate Korean war C rats for a tour in Nam. This new food might spoil you guys.:banana:

Machinegunz88
04-09-09, 06:46 AM
When did mortars hit baha? I just left baha two days ago and i didnt know it was ever hit with mortars. Also thanks for the ride to tq.

HurricaneRJ
04-09-09, 08:29 AM
Another day out here in Iraq. Apparently Al-Qeada in Iraq was suppose to have 100 suicide bombers ready to kill themselves today but nothing has happened so far. I did get a chance to see EOD blow up an IED. Other than that, shift went by fast, it started to rain a little bit, gear is all wet, weapons needs to be cleaned and stomach needs to be fed.

HurricaneRJ
04-09-09, 08:31 AM
When did mortars hit baha? I just left baha two days ago and i didnt know it was ever hit with mortars. Also thanks for the ride to tq.
Ahh I remember now when 1/4 had a convoy of Marines come through. I was on shift then.

Hayes
04-09-09, 08:57 AM
One of 1/7's MRAPS got hit pretty bad yesterday. We sent out a recovery. That thing is destroyed.

mcvet57103
04-09-09, 09:01 AM
One of 1/7's MRAPS got hit pretty bad yesterday. We sent out a recovery. That thing is destroyed.So much for them being Mine resistant. Anyone hurt seriously?

Hayes
04-09-09, 09:23 AM
I had to assign a casevac because there was a casualty, but we never went into River City so it couldnt have been to bad.

Jonboyi2001
04-09-09, 03:32 PM
Been out of the Corps for 31 years now. Hell I have bunions older than some of the Gunnys who post on this site. The new, and younger generation of Marine uses more abbreviations in one sentence than I remember using my whole 4 years active. Not complaining, just explaining why some of us old farts get lost when reading some posts. :beer:SF
My cousin Rob was 82nd Airborne, he and I were telling old stores one time and my dad asked us what all abreveations were. We both said at the same time they were TLEs, he just looked at us like a cow at an on-coming train. We then laughed and told him that TLE is Three Letter Abriviation. My dad said, "figures, you guys have abreviations for the abriviations.":cool:

Hayes
04-09-09, 05:30 PM
Good evening Marines,

I have decided that I am going to take a few days leave from these forums. I have been having some serious personal emotional issues recently that have caused me to act irrationally. I am afraid that
the common deployment stress I thought was just normal for being
out here is turning into something alot worse. I am seeking help from
the chaplain on deck and the consultation from my NCO's.
I hope to return to this thread to check up on my fellow deployed Marines.
I just want to say that if you think that you may be experiencing signs of
PTSD please tell someone right away! Holding it off can result in serious Psychological damage to yourself.

Stay Motivated and take care of each other.
Semper Fi

mcvet57103
04-09-09, 05:33 PM
Good evening Marines,

I have decided that I am going to take a few days leave from these forums. I have been having some serious personal emotional issues recently that have caused me to act irrationally. I am afraid that
the common deployment stress I thought was just normal for being
out here is turning into something alot worse. I am seeking help from
the chaplain on deck and the consultation from my NCO's.
I hope to return to this thread to check up on my fellow deployed Marines.
I just want to say that if you think that you may be experiencing signs of
PTSD please tell someone right away! Holding it off can result in serious Psychological damage to yourself.

Stay Motivated and take care of each other.
Semper Fi:flag:Semper Fi Marine, you know we are behind you 100%. You get the help you need and get back to us. We will be right here waiting to hear from you. SF :flag:

bgsuwoody
04-09-09, 11:18 PM
Well its been the usual over here. IED's, attacks in Nowzad, preparing for ops, reinforcing FOBS (got some great pictures of ours) and the like. Just another day in paradise

Wyoming
04-09-09, 11:40 PM
Hayes, you ain't gonna get better help than you will right here. <br />
<br />
You wanna talk? Go PM. <br />
<br />
You wanna reality check? There's a few on here to give it too you. <br />
<br />
Hang tough charger. <br />
<br />
This is...

charm1110
04-10-09, 01:55 AM
Take care L/cpl Hayes, hopefully we'll see you back soon.

Semper fi

PaidinBlood
04-10-09, 02:11 AM
Hayes... If you ain't started your "leave" yet, shoot me a PM or a call.. I will 110% guarantee you I can help but I canNOT promise you'll like every word I've got to say.:scared:

Like I told ya-I WALKED those streets you're listening to and I KNOW WTF is up. Shoot me a line ASAP numbnuts.. SF Bro and even if you don't want to talk I hope it all turns out alright and ****:usmc::flag:

redman1
04-10-09, 05:00 AM
Morning all you hard chargers in the Sand Box <br />
LCpl Hayes stick around after all you started this thread and its a good one. <br />
As a Nam Vet we all have baggage to carry but all of us on here can help...

Jonboyi2001
04-10-09, 11:37 AM
Hey hayes, you do what you think is right for you, the chaplins are good guys, my uncle is their CO so if they screw up you let me know. I don't know the details of your problems, but I had problems while I was over their too. I had problems with ideas of my girl back home, I talked to my chaplin, SSgt, and my battle buddy. I didn't have the kind of out reach like this forum, but I would highly recomend that you don't keep it too yourself, talk. Talk to the Chap, talk to your NCO, talk to your battle buddy, and don't forget if you think that your fellows over there might judge you, you can always talk to us here. :iwo:

redman1
04-11-09, 07:57 AM
Good Morning Marines in the Sand Box
Hope all of you are well and safe
Remember all of us back home think of you everyday
LCpl Hayes hope you get your problems solved. Anything we can do just let us know.
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-11-09, 10:39 AM
Good Afternoon to yah'll.

Another bull**** day in Iraq, higher still having Marines doing pointless things out here, and **** rolls down hill. I'm just looking forward hoping tomorrow will be a better one.

redman1
04-11-09, 10:57 AM
LCpl HurricaneRJ hang in there and hope your day gets better.
Do you know LCpl Hayes?
Semper Fi Redman1

Achped
04-11-09, 10:59 AM
Good Afternoon to yah'll.

Another bull**** day in Iraq, higher still having Marines doing pointless things out here, and **** rolls down hill. I'm just looking forward hoping tomorrow will be a better one.

HEY MARINE! How dare you speak ill about my Marine Corps!!! **** like that doesn't happen!! Don't you know? The Marine Corps is awesome! Its the best! Its the most magnificent thing on the planet! Just ask some of the old salts in here. They never complained about BS, so we shouldn't either!

Semper Fi and I share your misery.

Maldonado 2060
04-11-09, 11:50 AM
Ive noticed since the "October surprise" thread got closed there has been more and more depressed and aggitated Marines around.Theres nothing better for unit morale than some TnA.This one is for you guys hope everything gets better.http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/ufcfan128/thongs-2.jpg

HurricaneRJ
04-11-09, 12:11 PM
Motivated!!!!! Going to put this on my Zune, should keep me entertain while on post.

HurricaneRJ
04-11-09, 12:13 PM
HEY MARINE! How dare you speak ill about my Marine Corps!!! **** like that doesn't happen!! Don't you know? The Marine Corps is awesome! Its the best! Its the most magnificent thing on the planet! Just ask some of the old salts in here. They never complained about BS, so we shouldn't either!

Semper Fi and I share your misery.
If Marines ain't *****in then we ain't happy.

charm1110
04-11-09, 12:49 PM
Good morning or afternoon? Marines I just want to wish all of you a blessed Easter and let you know we're behind all your efforts.

God Bless and Semper Fi:flag:

Petz
04-11-09, 01:35 PM
now what ever happened to the USO hooking single Marines up with local "willing" women???! it'd give guys something to look forward to no matter what crap they're doing over there!

so I got to ask, what MOS/billet are you guys doing over there? I was MT maint and we worked a lot but found time to play stupid games too... we just made the best of it and then drank our hooch later..... as I said before... yeast, never deploy without it!!!

DocGreek
04-11-09, 02:54 PM
In 66', when I was in Hosp. Corps School, the USO was a life-line for us! I think it was on the second floor of the "SeaFarer"(SP?) store. Even if we were broke, walked into town, and the USO would do their BEST for us! Those were the days of .25 cent smokes, and .35 for a draft!! DRANK my way through Corps School!! AND....LOTS OF FINE YOUNG LADIES!! YEAH...I miss it!!.....DOC

HurricaneRJ
04-12-09, 12:24 AM
now what ever happened to the USO hooking single Marines up with local "willing" women???! it'd give guys something to look forward to no matter what crap they're doing over there!

so I got to ask, what MOS/billet are you guys doing over there? I was MT maint and we worked a lot but found time to play stupid games too... we just made the best of it and then drank our hooch later..... as I said before... yeast, never deploy without it!!!

I'm an 0311 by trade, what type of job I'm doing, is not bound to any certain MOS. Any Marine can do this job of standing post. Felt ****ed when a Female Winger tried to explain the weapons conditions for the M249SAW. Had to put her in her place about that.

redman1
04-12-09, 02:50 AM
Happy Easter to all you Maines in the Sand Box.
Where thinking of you
Kick ass and stay safe
Semper Fi Redman1

redman1
04-12-09, 02:53 AM
Sorry about the type error Marines.
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
04-12-09, 04:20 AM
Afternoon Marines. Its been a long few days for me but im okay.
Its semi chilly outside right now, raining, mud....everywhere.
Almost busted my ass on the way to work today.
Thats all ive got for now. Semper Fi

redman1
04-12-09, 05:53 AM
LCpl Hayes its good to see you are Okay and that you are back.
Again Happy Easter to you and all the Marines in the Sand Box.
Semper Fi Redman1

redman1
04-13-09, 05:37 AM
Good morning Marines in the Sand Box
Hope all of you are doing O.K. and are safe today
Just thinking of you this morning as I get started and want to say thanks for your service for our country.
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
04-14-09, 05:40 AM
Afternoon. Its hot as hell. Really long night last night.
Im pretty sure my old platoon sgt who i was with in South
Korea with Security Platoon back then wants me to get killed.
He offered to take me on any convoy. He said I should hit up Karmah.
Now if you dont know about Karmah well thats where all the recent hits
on us have been. **** that place. Im no hero. Got really sick last night to.
Not really sure why, only last through the night though. Im not sure
what else to say, kinda dissoreinted right now. Only 5 months left.
I cant wait to come home. I miss my girlfriend, ehh

PaidinBlood
04-14-09, 10:21 AM
Take the convoys. You don't know what you're missing. I remember when they shelled this shi t outta 1/1 up there. Brought all the casualties to the same ward at Fallujah surgical where my buddy was being treated for a hernia. If he could have walked he would have left so the real injuries could take his place...

Achped
04-14-09, 10:51 AM
Oh my God Hayes, Its Iraq in 2009. Its not Vietnam or Fallujah in '04. You act like **** is crazy over here.

Petz
04-14-09, 10:55 AM
hahahahaha....

HurricaneRJ
04-14-09, 11:22 AM
Afternoon. Its hot as hell. Really long night last night.
Im pretty sure my old platoon sgt who i was with in South
Korea with Security Platoon back then wants me to get killed.
He offered to take me on any convoy. He said I should hit up Karmah.
Now if you dont know about Karmah well thats where all the recent hits
on us have been. **** that place. Im no hero. Got really sick last night to.
Not really sure why, only last through the night though. Im not sure
what else to say, kinda dissoreinted right now. Only 5 months left.
I cant wait to come home. I miss my girlfriend, ehh
Complaining????? At least you get to leave the wire!!!! What I'll do to get on a convoy.

PaidinBlood
04-14-09, 11:34 AM
Oh my God Hayes, Its Iraq in 2009. Its not Vietnam or Fallujah in '04. You act like **** is crazy over here.

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/files/2008/10/tropic_movie_downeyjr11.jpg

Ain't no Chris Angel Mindfreak, David Blane trapdoor horse **** jumpin' off here! This is combat. Hayes is a lead farmer.. :D

PaidinBlood
04-14-09, 11:40 AM
Hurricane you are 100% right. I know you want to be out there but nobodys offering you...

Complaining????? At least you get to leave the wire!!!! What I'll do to get on a convoy.

This guy Hayes reminds me of a great joke I heard the other day, but I can't quite remember the punch line...maybe you Marines can help me out....

"Every Marine a...."

how did it go?

"...crybaby?" no...
"...coward"? not quite....

hmmm

Jonboyi2001
04-14-09, 11:45 AM
Well for those of you who don't know me, I am LCPL Woodall and I am a grunt here in the depths of Afghanistan. I am here now, but I will spread a little info when I get back in a few months. I think it would be unwise to share them now and give you the day to day...especially when its that time of year around here. It'll be what you want and what you will learn to hate out here in the Ghan.

Hey bgsuwoody, I heard you were 3/8, that was my unit too until 2005. I was WPNs Co 81's PLT. Wonder if you could do me a favor, I've been trying to get in touch with any of the old Salt Dogs. If you happen to run into any of the SGTs, or a Capt Hunt, ask if they remember a CPL Ake. If they do give 'em my email and tell 'em give me a shout. Email is jonboyi@sbcglobal.net. Thanks a lot. Hope you make it home safe.

Oh yah if want any dirt on some of the higher ups, you need but to ask. If I knew 'em I probably saw 'em drunker than hell. :no::banana::yes:

Hayes
04-14-09, 12:23 PM

Ha you should tell 1/7 that then. They've only had 3 KIA's in the past month. Ouu and funny story an IED just went off about 10 feet outside the main gate here at CB. Although I do love staring at those cool mushroom clouds.

0231Marine
04-14-09, 12:24 PM
Hayes,

Save your convoy stories (or lack there of) for your family members when you call home. Nobody that has actually been shot at or blown up needs to hear about how dangerous IEDs are.

Jonboy2001, I was attached to 3/8 in 2006. I probably know a lot of the officers/SNCO's you knew.

0231Marine
04-14-09, 12:26 PM
Ha you should tell 1/7 that then. They've only had 3 KIA's in the past month. Ouu and funny story an IED just went off about 10 feet outside the main gate here at CB. Although I do love staring at those cool mushroom clouds.

Shut your mouth Boot! 3 KIA's, although sad is nothing compared to the sh!t that a lot of us have seen. When your unit loses 19, then you come talk to me. Until then, keep avoiding the convoys and enjoy your frigging hot chow and internet.

Hayes
04-14-09, 12:34 PM
Oh okay. Let me change my story to the appropriate.
It's a "beautiful " sunny day here in Iraq. I just love riding on "freshly paved highways" as all the Iraqi people wave and say in perfect english that domacracy is awesome and they had no idea what they were thinking. Also I love the smell of all the fresh cut grass and non polluted lakes that we get our water from.

Nothing bad ever happens here ever. And if something ever did happen I should just keep it to myself because holding things in is a good way to express yourself and avoid depression.

But seriously, im not hurting anyone with what I say so why criticize me? It's my first time in Iraq and if I want to vent about the **** that is going on and what im experiencing then your damn right im going to because theres nothing in the UCMJ that says I can't express my feelings.

I dont bust your balls so lay off mine.

0231Marine
04-14-09, 12:40 PM
Look here...There's nothing wrong with talking about the sh!t that's going on but don't sit there and tell stories about how you don't want to go on convoys and how bad IEDs are. Either man up and go on one or just shut your mouth about it.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know but I really could care less that you were given an opportunity to go do something like that and you're affraid.

As for the busting your balls, get over it. You're a Marine. If you don't like something I say, then just ignore me. If you're looking for some type of sympathy about how tough Iraq is, you're barking up the wrong tree. I spent 4 consecutive years there and I have no tolerance for someone who is going to sit there on their internet and nice chow hall and tell me how Iraq sucks because there are IEDs. Want to talk to someone who will hold your hand and tell you it's ok, find the Chaplain.

I can tell how you are so deprived and in danger you are since the only lasting effects of an IED are you get the opportunity to "look at the cool mushroom clouds."

Hayes
04-14-09, 12:41 PM
Shut your mouth Boot! 3 KIA's, although sad is nothing compared to the sh!t that a lot of us have seen. When your unit loses 19, then you come talk to me. Until then, keep avoiding the convoys and enjoy your frigging hot chow and internet.

Wow are you serious? Who are you to weigh the difference between lives. Since when does it matter who lost more people. Thats just sick. For someone who is telling me to shut up about my experiences because no one wants to hear them and apparently infererior to all of yours you sure do love to 1 up everything that anyone says.

Hayes
04-14-09, 12:46 PM
This conversation is pointless. Im not gonna sit here and argue over the internet about whos life sucks the most.

0231Marine
04-14-09, 12:48 PM
Wow are you serious? Who are you to weigh the difference between lives. Since when does it matter who lost more people. Thats just sick. For someone who is telling me to shut up about my experiences because no one wants to hear them and apparently infererior to all of yours you sure do love to 1 up everything that anyone says.

Did I not say it was sad? Don't try and second guess my intentions or what I said because you're sorely mistaken. Who am I to weigh the difference in lives? I'm the person who lost several close friends, two of them were my best friends to IEDs and mother f*ckers sniping them or shooting RPGs. Have you had a friend hit point blank in the check with an RPG Hayes? War is a sick thing and if you can't handle it, then maybe you're in the wrong branch of the service.

My point being, don't come on here and b!tch and moan about how Iraq sucks and it's hot and Marines are dying because there are some of us who have seen more death than you could dream of LCpl.

SSgt Ramsey
04-14-09, 12:54 PM
I have but a small combat history to most on this site, although I seen my share of it and trying to forget or at least survive. There are no innocents in war...

Any KIA or WIA is tragic....nobody who goes to a theatre comes out without some scars, either visible or invisible. It haunts you...

Petz
04-14-09, 01:10 PM
hayes... STFU.

0231, lay off him.

listen hayes... the point that 0231 is making and you are not getting is that it has been tougher in Iraq before you got there, and MANY if not all of the people on this site have seen worse, that is why they are keeping in contact with you in this thread... they understand you situation.

but what 0231 has a problem with is your belly aching about your Plt Sgt wanting you dead 'cause he's offering you the opportunity to go on a convoy. Many Marines would jump at that regardless of where it's at, just to get outside the wire and have something to talk about.

as PIB pointed out, every Marine is a rifleman... hammered home by the stories of belleauwood (did I spell that right?) where that motto made us famous and sparked a growth of the Corps so vast that even our current increase seems like a fart in the wind. (I love that metaphor even if it doesn't apply! :D)

to touch on 0231 busting your balls... toughen up you skin Marine 'cause he ain't gonna stop, neither is any other Marine... when we see a weakness we will attack it until you make the necessary repairs in your defenses...this is something that makes us stronger as Men, Marines, and as Civilians. If you don't like it then you have some growing up to do.

Now, as of right now no one is going to talk sh!t about the last few pages of gripping in this thread... we'll continue to march on, and you'll learn from this and grow as a follower and once mastered, a leader.

Semper Fi

Hayes
04-14-09, 01:13 PM
Roger That

Hayes
04-15-09, 05:32 AM
Afternoon everyone,

Its raining, and were in condition red. Hopefully doesnt get worse.
Almost was late to work today. My roommate gets up usually around 4am and heads off to guard but he sets the alarm for me before he leaves. Well instead of 0830 he set it for 1830 haha. I woke up about 7 minutes before 12. I jumped up got dressed grabbed my rifle and a razor and ran to work haha. Just barely made it! Not much to report today.

Be safe and Semper Fi

redman1
04-15-09, 05:44 AM
Howdy Marines in the Sand Box
LCpl Hayes do you get much rain over there? How hot does it get in the day time and how low in the night time?

Remember we all are thinking about you and thank you for the job you are doing.
No matter if your job is behind the wire or not your job is important to getting the whole job done. Every job in the Marine Corps is important.
LCpl Hayes good to here you more positive these days
Semper Fi Redman1

Achped
04-15-09, 08:51 AM
HAyes what is this? A personal blog of your tour in Iraq?

And I thought I was bad...

At least you've got the internet at cock watch! Try living out in a 2 man tent in Iraq over New Years and then try to convince everyone the thing you're holding in the picture is really, in fact, an icicle...

Doesn't matter though, I am out of this ***** in single digits!!!!

Hayes
04-15-09, 10:31 AM
Pretty much Achped. I mean what the hell else do I have to do.
RCT-6 is taking over completely.
They barely let me do trouble calls anymore because its so "hardcore".
CB is getting shut down. Probably hitting up TQ in July. Thats the CO's
intent anyways.

Hayes
04-15-09, 10:35 AM
LCpl Hayes do you get much rain over there? How hot does it get in the day time and how low in the night time?

Well from the breif we got 2 months ago they said raining season was over. For some reason though its rained her like 3 days out of every week.
The heat varies from day to day. If you've ever experienced weather on the east coast its pretty much like that haha.

Achped
04-15-09, 12:08 PM
Liking the sandstorms? Today was brutal.

Oh, and keep OPSEC in check. I'm sure your commander doesn't intend to have his intent on where he's putting his entire battalion posted on the internet.

HurricaneRJ
04-15-09, 12:27 PM
Pretty much Achped. I mean what the hell else do I have to do.
RCT-6 is taking over completely.
They barely let me do trouble calls anymore because its so "hardcore".
CB is getting shut down. Probably hitting up TQ in July. Thats the CO's
intent anyways.
Yeah, I just got passed some word similar, I won't go into detail about it though but this will be the skates deployment any Infantry unit will have.

usmchauer
04-15-09, 01:48 PM
Gentlemen,

What I've learned in life is that EVERYONE'S perspective is different. Two guys can walk into the same exact situation and come out with two completely different stories. What Hayes may describe as "troubling" for himself, may be just a walk in the park compared to what other guys have gone through. There's no need to jump his azz just because you had it worse. I don't see any Vietnam Vet's chiming in on this thread and comparing what they went through. Bottom line, somebody's always had it worse. And things can always be worse. Be thankful for what you do have. :usmc:

redman1
04-15-09, 03:35 PM
:scared:
Gentlemen,

What I've learned in life is that EVERYONE'S perspective is different. Two guys can walk into the same exact situation and come out with two completely different stories. What Hayes may describe as "troubling" for himself, may be just a walk in the park compared to what other guys have gone through. There's no need to jump his azz just because you had it worse. I don't see any Vietnam Vet's chiming in on this thread and comparing what they went through. Bottom line, somebody's always had it worse. And things can always be worse. Be thankful for what you do have. :usmc:
Achped, This is pretty much LCpl Hayes site. I encouraged him to do so back when he first logged in on Morning Zephyr.
I don't think he has ever disclosed too much information.
All of us Vets her in the states are interested in what you are going through and the conditions you are enduring.
I can't believe the good meals you guys eat over there. Sometimes its better than we do. But I say take what you can get.
As in USMCHAUER's quote its true and couldn't be said any better.
As a platoon Sgt in Viet Nam I think I can say for all of us. As you can see on here we all back each other up and support each other through hard times. That's what the Corps is all about.
Just remember "Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in there shoes".
All of you Sand Box Marines stay safe and kick some ass for us.
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
04-17-09, 04:24 AM
Afternoon everyone. Did anyone else go into River City last night. I had just got off work and went to the internet place soon as I was about to get online they told everyone we just went into river city and made us all leave.

redman1
04-17-09, 04:34 AM
Just a OOHRAH to all you Marines in the Sand Box.
Hope all of you are doing O.K. and are safe.
Kick some ass today.
Always thinking and praying for you.
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-17-09, 07:44 AM
Afternoon everyone. Did anyone else go into River City last night. I had just got off work and went to the internet place soon as I was about to get online they told everyone we just went into river city and made us all leave.
We didn't go into river city last night.

As for my day, I'm ****ed. I get off early from shift to do a Machine Gun shoot only to take up all day. At least I legit left the wire this time. Saw two sheep herders fighting each other and thats about it. All there is to do now is clean my buddy.

Achped
04-17-09, 12:55 PM
Hayes, we were in River City as well.

RJ, how long have you been in Iraq? Enjoy being in the wire man. There's nothing to see outside but a ****hole.

Hayes
04-17-09, 01:26 PM
I figured. It was weird though. Apparently it was only at the internet centers because when I talked to my replacement this afternoon she said that the internet never went down for them and they didnt get any notifications about it. Something about them testing NIPR lines or something. I unno, hopefully its up tonight, I need to talk to the family.

Achped
04-17-09, 01:35 PM
Ask her if she likes Model A Fords and Canon in D.

And tell her to tell her dad congratulations for winning his election for mayor.

Hayes
04-17-09, 01:48 PM
Holy **** I didnt actually think you were serious about knowing someone I worked with...wow....haha....yea she should be here in like 2 hours to replace me... I'll tell "Amy" you told her dad Congratz. wow....:thumbup:

Achped
04-17-09, 01:59 PM
You thought I was kidding?

Im serious, make sure you ask if she likes Model A Fords and Cannon in D, or if she misses Charlie.

Achped
04-17-09, 02:02 PM
And ask her what she would do for some Portillos or to be walking down Pulaski.

Achped
04-17-09, 02:21 PM
And one last thing, tell her to check her NIPR email!

redman1
04-18-09, 06:35 AM
Morning Marines in our big Sand Box
Hope all of you are doing O.K. today. Just thinking of you today and hope you have a good day.
Kick some ass if you can.
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-19-09, 12:11 AM
Good morning everyone, another day another TWO dollars here. A Marine died last night, don't know who, how, or where. Went into River City last night. Still looking forward to the next day.

Quick update. Found out my uncle died from Stomach Cancer this morning. A little sad, I know I can't do anything about it and I know that since I'm here I can't make the funeral. It sucks, but got a mission to do, I know for a fact that is what he would want me to do is focus on my work.

redman1
04-19-09, 02:23 AM
HurricaneRJ I know how you feel, my grandmother died while I was in Nam. I found out three weeks afterward because of the communication back then.
Life does go and and there's nothing we can do. I'm glad to see you being positive about this and say you have a mission to do. Stay focused.
Semper Fi Redman1

Achped
04-19-09, 07:05 AM
Good morning everyone, another day another TWO dollars here. A Marine died last night, don't know who, how, or where. Went into River City last night. Still looking forward to the next day.

I do. That guy was a joke, so was his letter.

Achped
04-19-09, 11:53 AM
Anyways,

RJ, I met some females who are attached to 1/8. UGLY UGLY UGLY. I hope they're members here too. I hope they read this because they were both DISGUSTING! They tried to BS me at first and tell me they were 0331s, I'm like yeah whatever. Turns out we were living in the same ****hole around January at the shadow ranges.

Got on the bus (yeah its Al Asad!) and somehow the subject of "size" came up and then they mentioned "Yeah, well we're not grunts but we've had alot of grunts in us!"

Slutsssss, I was going to put a little arty in them give'm that long barrel you know? ...but Ill be in Hawaii in a week and they were just not doing it for me at all.

HurricaneRJ
04-19-09, 01:15 PM
Really....??? If they say they were from 1/8, their dead wrong, if they say they were 0331 then they were attached to a MAP platoon. We have lioness here with us at TQ, but I don't see a reason why at Al Asad. There ain't a damn thing out there.

Achped
04-20-09, 01:09 AM
Ain't a damn thing? Dude there's Pizza Hut, KFC, Subway, Burger King, Cinnobon... and loads of stores.

What would we do at those if we werent buying females stuff? Thats why they're here...

bgsuwoody
04-20-09, 02:03 AM
What the **** is Pizza Hut, KFC, Subway, Burger King, Cinnobon, stores, toilets, indoor plumbing, showers, beds.

What I know is UGR's, MRE's, Wag Bags, **** tubes, post, patrols, 50 hour OP's, pickets, truck maintenance, IED's, Extreme weather changes, dust storms, RAIN, flash floods, fording through wadis, 100 degree days, botched airdrops etc etc....Burger King....hmmmm I think I remember that

Hayes
04-20-09, 04:24 AM
Im glad they dont have any of that stuff here in Baharia. Id probably get super fat. I was lucky enough to have the gym right next to where I work..

DocGreek
04-20-09, 06:04 AM
Nothing new, gentlemen. Same, same...in RVN! In the "BIG" cities, like DaNang, Saigon, the men stationed there, had a completely different "war experience", than the rest of us! Made a lot of us angry, but there's nothing we could do!! AND...we won't FORGET!!....DOC

redman1
04-20-09, 06:36 AM
Morning Sand Box Marines
Hope all of you are safe
Thinking of you as I get started in my day
Its rainy here today
Thanks for your service
Yep Doc, Nam was a different war but I'm glad I served there and would do it again if needed. Nothing like fighting with other Marine brothers.
Semper Fi Redman1

PaidinBlood
04-20-09, 09:05 AM
Im glad they dont have any of that stuff here in Baharia. Id probably get super fat. I was lucky enough to have the gym right next to where I work..

so they closed the mek or what? because as I remember baha ain't in the boonies, it is just down the secured road (which you can take 1 truck on) from the mek where you can go to any of the multiple dfacs which serve 4 meals a day. plus the nice px and coffee shops...and that was a while back... if you aren't still scared of convoys take a spin over to the nazaal precinct and visit my old house off

الشارع الجديد
(ash shara'a al gedid) it's a street

Semper Fi :usmc:

Hayes
04-20-09, 11:31 AM
I have no idea where half the crap your talking about went ut its not here anymore haha. Baharia is being deconstructed as we speak.

Hayes
04-20-09, 11:32 AM
Im working on making a trip over to Ramadi in a few days. Wanna see how all my other comm Marines are doing.

04-20-09, 01:17 PM
الشارع الجديد (ash shara'a al gedid) it's a street

Is that anywhere near Bakalakadaka Street?:D Derka derka derka!

DocGreek
04-20-09, 02:44 PM
BAKLAVA STREET??? Is that near GYRO Lane?? SEMPER FI....Doc Greek

PaidinBlood
04-20-09, 05:58 PM
I have no idea where half the crap your talking about went ut its not here anymore haha. Baharia is being deconstructed as we speak.

funny i would figure baha would be closed before camp fallujah. go figure. as for الشارع الجديد i promise you it's still there. it is known to the locals as hwy 10 and is a famous military MSR which you have probably traveled on...goes right through the center of town ...

Achped
04-21-09, 02:04 AM
What the **** is Pizza Hut, KFC, Subway, Burger King, Cinnobon, stores, toilets, indoor plumbing, showers, beds.

What I know is UGR's, MRE's, Wag Bags, **** tubes, post, patrols, 50 hour OP's, pickets, truck maintenance, IED's, Extreme weather changes, dust storms, RAIN, flash floods, fording through wadis, 100 degree days, botched airdrops etc etc....Burger King....hmmmm I think I remember that

Oh I know all about wagbags and MREs and all that ****.

But I'll be in Kuwait in a few days and then Ill have MCDONALDS! OH HELL YES!

And Hayes...I wish I could get fat...it just doesnt work for me.

HurricaneRJ
04-21-09, 03:42 AM
Good Afternoon Leathernecks.

The day could have gone better. Got on post and Gunny decided to **** with me for no reason. All he had to do is say he needed 200 sandbags filled and not make up bull**** excuses to make me do em. Other than that, room got thrashed while I was out and now I have no clean clothes.

Gotta love the Corps.

redman1
04-21-09, 04:32 AM
Suck it up Gunny's don't **** with you for no reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Clean clothes?? Should have been in Nam what clothes you had were always sandy. In monsoon season always wet, nothing dry. You have it made.
Hope all of you in the Big Sand Box are doing O.K.
Always thinking about you.
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-24-09, 01:13 AM
Good Mornin' Marines

Having another fabulous day. I really think since were not doing combat ops that my chain of command is in the mood of ****ing us the whole time where here. Gotta have 7 MCI completed by this week or we will be filling sandbags. Kind of gay but w/e. I get paid 6 days.

Petz
04-24-09, 01:23 AM
you get paid 6 days??? huh? make sense Marine.

redman1
04-24-09, 05:12 AM
Morning all you Marines in the Sand Box
Semper Fi Redman1

Hayes
04-24-09, 05:29 AM
Good afternoon all.

I recieved a PM today from the very generous LydiaAnne2004 today.
Shes recieved an amount of 60 minute phone cards for troops overseas. She has the pin numers for them so anyone who would like one and doesnt want to wait she can send you the pin right away.

Alls she ask for is for you to shoot her a PM and let her know your mailing address so she can send them out.

Great way to keep you connected to your friends and family back home.

Thankyou for your support LydiaAnne2004, we appreciate your patronage.

HurricaneRJ
04-24-09, 10:29 AM
you get paid 6 days??? huh? make sense Marine.
I meant to say I get paid in 6 days.

redman1
04-25-09, 08:13 AM
Hope all of you have a good day and stay safe but kick some ass if you can
Going to do some welding on my tractor today and go get some hay for the horses and then play with the horses if there's time left.
You guys check out Morning Zephyr and Cowboy Up
Semper Fi Redman1

redman1
04-26-09, 05:49 AM
Howdie this Sunday morning all Marines in the Sand Box
Today is going to be a good day and hope you all have the same
Our prayers and thoughts are with you everyday
Kick some ass and stay safe
Semper Fi Redman1

bgsuwoody
04-27-09, 10:17 AM
Well survived another could have been bad day. They are getting smart around here but thank god we are smarter. 5 more weeks and the prayers will go out to a new group of Marines handling their business

redman1
04-27-09, 10:22 AM
Were thinking and praying for all you Marines in the Sand Box
Its a beautiful day here and it easy for some to remember what our troops go through on a daily basic.
Thanks for the job you do to serve your country
Being a Nam Vet I never forget and think about all of you everyday
Kick some ass and stay safe
Semper Fi Redman1

HurricaneRJ
04-27-09, 01:27 PM
Good Afternoon over there.

About to head out on my shift. Hope yah'll doing okay back home, I'm safe as usual. Things are turning for the good over here. Wish I was somewhere else but next year will be my turn. Stay safe Woody, everyone knows you need the prayers not us over here.

marine3043
04-27-09, 04:44 PM
i guess these "bloggers" have never been in a fire fight,, or they would not be blogging about war---- 1st of all iraq is just another base now----why dont you blog from afgan....they ran a marathon in iraq the other day

---the fight is in afghan----- WAR HERO

Jonboyi2001
04-27-09, 04:53 PM
Jonboy2001, I was attached to 3/8 in 2006. I probably know a lot of the officers/SNCO's you knew.

0231-
Do you know what happened to 1st Lt Hunt he should, by now, be a Capt. back in '05 he was Wpns Co 81mm Mortar Plt Cmndr. If you still have any contact with the Wpns Co guys and if the Company has a web site or email, please send it to me at jonboy@sbcglobal.net. I can get the specific info i need a lot faster from the Company than I can on this site, ya know?
thanx.

Jonboyi2001
04-27-09, 05:20 PM

Quick update. Found out my uncle died from Stomach Cancer this morning. A little sad, I know I can't do anything about it and I know that since I'm here I can't make the funeral. It sucks, but got a mission to do, I know for a fact that is what he would want me to do is focus on my work.

Another TWO dollars! And I thought they were trying to lower military spending and here they are giving you guys a pay increase! For us it was a dollar with 90% going to chow, housing, GI Bill, uniforms, SGLI, and other crap.

PaidinBlood
04-27-09, 06:25 PM
i guess these "bloggers" have never been in a fire fight,, or they would not be blogging about war---- 1st of all iraq is just another base now----why dont you blog from afgan....they ran a marathon in iraq the other day

---the fight is in afghan----- WAR HERO

if that ain't the pot callin the kettle black...what happened, you get a paper cut, chief? :D

marine3043
04-27-09, 07:20 PM
supply goes on convoys,,((50 truck convoy---could you handle being a cc or a acc or even a vc for a 50 truck convoy,,,calling in 9 line ied's and medavac's while you are getting contact from both sides)))) how do you get your beans,bullets and band aids?? we take the stuff to the fobs,,, in garrison yeah supply is nothing but in the field we have to do alot,,, i dont claim to be a 03 i know my job and am happy with it,,,,

PaidinBlood
04-27-09, 09:31 PM
I didn't ask what supply does....asked what you've done..

marine3043
04-27-09, 09:44 PM
i dont talk what i have done,,,,,the only time i talk about what i have done is when i am trying to get a lady in bed,,,,,,,,,,,

Petz
04-28-09, 12:56 AM
'cause it's all lies!! hahaa

what's your rank?

you been a Convoy Commander before?! an ACC or VC (lame... senior Marine)???!

by the way.. I love your "about me" stuff... worried you might get caught in a lie there guy?

redman1
04-28-09, 04:44 AM
Morning all you Marines in the Sand Box just thinking about you
Kick ass and stay safe
Marine3043 why don't you fill out your profile the right way. Do you have something to hide?
Profiles are the only way we can get to know each other since we probably will never meet. I share more on hear than I have ever shared anywhere because all of you are my brothers and we stick together.
I have found some good friends on hear.
I always check out the profiles to see if I have anything in common with a Marine or want to be on his friends list or put him on mine.
Semper Fi Redman1

Marine4Lif199
04-28-09, 07:15 AM
i just wanted to say to everyone that is overthere, so stay safe and that you are in my prayers. i will being joining in about a year and was wondering what it is like day to day over there now a days. if you would like to tell or talk about to me or any good suggestions i would much apprecite it.

Marine4Lif199
04-28-09, 07:56 AM
hey all i just wanted to say stay safe over there and you are in my prayers. i am going to be joining up in about a year, and was wondering what it is like over there right now, and what its like from day to day, if anyone could give me any good suggestions about boot camp and anything else i would really apprecite it very much.
message me if you would like to talk to me about it

HurricaneRJ
04-28-09, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Marines.

Hope yah'll had some sexy woman waking you up with breakfast in bed. I gotta get used to getting punched awake. Doing good working out, eating right, and getting all my MCI done. Just now waiting to go on post.

PaidinBlood
04-28-09, 04:46 PM
Good Morning Marines.

Hope yah'll had some sexy woman waking you up with breakfast in bed. I gotta get used to getting punched awake. Doing good working out, eating right, and getting all my MCI done. Just now waiting to go on post.

It's a hard life but I do it for you guys :thumbup:

Someone has to enjoy all this freedom we've paid for, right? :D SF

ps-i've only been married a few years, but pretty soon it goes from the first scenario to the second....

Achped
04-28-09, 11:17 PM
PUSSY EXISTS GENTLEMEN!

I come from a land afar. I left Sunday night and got to Hawaii yesterday evening. Its beautiful. Chicks in tight shorts, its amazing. oh my God.

Woody, stay safe. Its worth it!

Petz
04-29-09, 01:29 AM
yeah... well most of those girls probably have STDs and the other have boyfriends or fathers who will kick your ass... be safe brother... glad you made it home quickly.

redman1
04-29-09, 05:18 AM
Morning Marines in the Sand Box
Semper Fi Redman1

mcvet57103
04-29-09, 06:53 AM
PUSSY EXISTS GENTLEMEN!

I come from a land afar. I left Sunday night and got to Hawaii yesterday evening. Its beautiful. Chicks in tight shorts, its amazing. oh my God.

Woody, stay safe. Its worth it!Two things, (1) Welcome back to the world. and (2) We need pictures of the "Chicks in tight shorts". Pony up dude!!! SF

redman1
04-29-09, 07:16 AM
Achped you need to look up Charmed he live in Hawaii
Semper Fi Redman1

0231Marine
04-29-09, 08:20 AM
i dont talk what i have done,,,,,the only time i talk about what i have done is when i am trying to get a lady in bed,,,,,,,,,,,

Tool!

bgsuwoody
05-01-09, 12:54 AM
Well another crazy last couple of days. Caught those *****es in the act and hunted their silly asses down. **** em. Great way to end out here. Only like 3-5 weeks left. Ready to come home for sure

Achped
05-01-09, 04:34 AM
I got laid tonight. Some chick I met at the mall. Mmm

And I blew 600$ at J Crew so now I can ball out!

Petz
05-01-09, 10:13 AM
J Crew... $600... so what? you have a pair of pants.... now what shirts you gonna get?

HurricaneRJ
05-01-09, 10:24 AM
Well another crazy last couple of days. Caught those *****es in the act and hunted their silly asses down. **** em. Great way to end out here. Only like 3-5 weeks left. Ready to come home for sure
Well at least you caught em before it happen.

1/7 took 4 K.I.A. yesterday from an IED.

Petz
05-01-09, 02:05 PM
didn't we say not to mention that kind of stuff... parents of Marines in 1/7 could be reading this site and the google bots pick up your message...

it hasn't been picked up by the googlebot yet, but look at this as evidence.

http://www.google.com/search?q=1%2F7+took+4+kia+leatherneck.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

so please stop doing this, it takes a week or two before you can even think that the families might have been informed... they get told by a person, not on the phone... we aren't the Army... give them time to do their jobs.

mcvet57103
05-01-09, 07:33 PM
Well said SSgt.

Wyoming
05-01-09, 08:03 PM
Unthinking, uncaring dip.

I bet your Mommy would like to find out this way!!!

marine3043
05-01-09, 09:12 PM
and im the tool,,, shouldnt this thread be deleted just for revealing that kind of info? Im just saying

'''i guess i am not cool,, what does being a tool mean?

mcvet57103
05-01-09, 09:18 PM
I'm and old salt and I know what a "tool" is. WTF?? Are you for real?? Google it if you don't know. GeezUss H Keyriest! Need to work on your profile if you want to be taken seriously.

Achped
05-01-09, 09:43 PM
J Crew... $600... so what? you have a pair of pants.... now what shirts you gonna get?

There was a sale, I have a shirt that matches the pants!

mcvet57103
05-01-09, 09:49 PM
There was a sale, I have a shirt that matches the pants!You spent $600 on a shirt and "pants"!!?? (1) pants are for fags. (2) matching "pants" and shirt!!?? That is major queer!! (3) If you want to throw away your money, send it to me. I'll spend it on good stuff like Beer, and hookers. :thumbup:

Is the shirt pink? :D

PaidinBlood
05-01-09, 10:27 PM
Well at least you caught em before it happen.

1/7 took 4 K.I.A. yesterday from an IED.

I read the press releases on 3 of them. Sounds ****ty. I forgot how fun Fridays can be over there...SF and prayers for our brothers.:flag:

Petz
05-02-09, 12:15 AM
and im the tool,,, shouldnt this thread be deleted just for revealing that kind of info? Im just saying

'''i guess i am not cool,, what does being a tool mean?

doesn't matter, google saves a copy and you can still view it if you select the cached version...

HurricaneRJ
05-02-09, 12:27 AM
didn't we say not to mention that kind of stuff... parents of Marines in 1/7 could be reading this site and the google bots pick up your message...

it hasn't been picked up by the googlebot yet, but look at this as evidence.

http://www.google.com/search?q=1%2F7+took+4+kia+leatherneck.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

so please stop doing this, it takes a week or two before you can even think that the families might have been informed... they get told by a person, not on the phone... we aren't the Army... give them time to do their jobs.
Sorry Staff Sergeant, you must be behind the times. It's already up on Marine Corps Times 24 hours after the fact. When a Marine or Sailor dies we go into "River City". Which is all internet and phone access cut off until every single Mom or Dad is notified of their loved ones death. It was off for over 24 hours the other day. But for now, I'll just stop posting that certain piece of information.

Petz
05-02-09, 12:30 AM
... I find it hard to believe they were visited by Marines if that's the case... though with the advent of FROs I can see the speed increasing. As for behind the times, I'd say not, just not up to speed on the new SOP of deployed Units and KIAs... it's been a few years.

Achped
05-02-09, 12:42 AM
You spent $600 on a shirt and "pants"!!?? (1) pants are for fags. (2) matching "pants" and shirt!!?? That is major queer!! (3) If you want to throw away your money, send it to me. I'll spend it on good stuff like Beer, and hookers. :thumbup:

Is the shirt pink? :D

It was just a joke.

Im in Hawaii, pants are for where its cold ;)

I bought like 5 pairs of shorts and like 10 shirts/t-shirts.

Two of them are pink yes.

Petz
05-02-09, 08:47 AM
are you serious..... guys aren't supposed to wear pink.... they only say that so those borderline queers feel as though they aren't full on queer when they wear it....

mcvet57103
05-02-09, 08:54 AM
It was just a joke.

Im in Hawaii, pants are for where its cold ;)

I bought like 5 pairs of shorts and like 10 shirts/t-shirts.

Two of them are pink yes.Knew you were joking, just was adding to the fun. Now, are you joking about the pink shirts? Cause if not, you better start wearing your skivies backwards, and carrying some KY with you. :D Butts to the bulkhead!!! There's a RumpRanger on deck!!! :DSF