PDA

View Full Version : V.A. Says 10 Patients Infected From Colonoscopy

Rocky C
03-27-09, 01:58 PM
:!:CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. – The Veterans Affairs department says 10 people have tested positive for infectious liver disease since they were exposed to contaminated colonoscopy equipment.
The 10 are among thousands of patients who have been warned to get blood tests since being treated at VA facilities in Murfreesboro, Tenn., Miami and Augusta, Ga. All three sites failed to properly sterilize equipment between treatments.
VA spokeswoman Katie Roberts said Friday that four Tennessee patients have tested positive for hepatitis B. Six have tested positive for hepatitis C, a potentially life-threatening form of the viral infection that can cause permanent liver damage.
She says the VA will make sure they get treatment even though it's not known if the infections came from colonoscopies at its facilities.

FistFu68
03-27-09, 02:26 PM
:evilgrin: This has been an ongoing thing again I think it's Guinea Pig action by the Government :confused: :iwo:

Rocky C
03-27-09, 02:30 PM
Freaks me out having one done 5 weeks ago.
BOHICA!!!!
Semper Fi My Brother,
Rocky

davblay
03-27-09, 02:54 PM
In Tennessee, I was one of the ones included in the Alvin C. York Medical Center (Murfreesboro, Tennessee). They sent me a certified letter and I went for the blood test. They told my wife, and I, that it would take at least two weeks to get the results and that they would call me with the results. I was there on a thursday......they called me the next day and said the results were negative.
Now I don't know about a lot of things, but I do know that in the last three years I have had some mighty poor health. Colon Cancer, Lung Cancer in both lungs, and of course the latest episode of three major infections, including E-Coli.

Now that I think about it, the doctor that did the colonoscopy, was mighty interested in my infection last November. He was there every day and normally three times each day. I wonder if he was trying to cover his own ass! All I know is that I almost died!

The Colon surgery was a success in that they got all the colon cancer, but one of the surgical wounds has not healed yet, after three plus years! I have what they call a FISSURE (spelling) that is essentially a non healed hole (if you will) from my pelvic (abdomin) area to the outside of my body. This has caused a drainage problem for over three years now. The best prognosis....."MAYBE IT WILL HEAL EVENTUALLY"!

All I know is that the good LORD has granted me these last three years to be with my family and friends. I realize that if I had dealt with a civillian hospital...........well you know what I mean!

I thank GOD every day that I awake, knowing that I have one more day. The last three weeks have been hell for me! I have actually prayed to die! But the Lord sees fit to let me stay here and finish whatever he wills me to do...for now anyway. I know I have a lot of people praying for me, I just know!

I am sorry about ranting about my personal crap, but, yes I do believe that the VA is using us, Vets, as test subjects, if you will, for the medical students and such.

God bless each of you, my brothers and sisters.

Semper Fi,

Dave

FistFu68
03-27-09, 05:10 PM
:evilgrin: Don't pull that Chit Marine You ain't got this Bad Mutha Fucers permission 2 die, I got the memo from Chesty himself your buddy 4 this life @ after~~~Your stuck with my azz 4 many a year 2 come,You made it through 'Nam You can make it anywhere anywho anytime!!!S/F That Attitude Check Fuc It :beer: :iwo:

ggyoung
03-27-09, 06:50 PM
In Tennessee, I was one of the ones included in the Alvin C. York Medical Center (Murfreesboro, Tennessee). They sent me a certified letter and I went for the blood test. They told my wife, and I, that it would take at least two weeks to get the results and that they would call me with the results. I was there on a thursday......they called me the next day and said the results were negative.
Now I don't know about a lot of things, but I do know that in the last three years I have had some mighty poor health. Colon Cancer, Lung Cancer in both lungs, and of course the latest episode of three major infections, including E-Coli.

Now that I think about it, the doctor that did the colonoscopy, was mighty interested in my infection last November. He was there every day and normally three times each day. I wonder if he was trying to cover his own ass! All I know is that I almost died!

The Colon surgery was a success in that they got all the colon cancer, but one of the surgical wounds has not healed yet, after three plus years! I have what they call a FISSURE (spelling) that is essentially a non healed hole (if you will) from my pelvic (abdomin) area to the outside of my body. This has caused a drainage problem for over three years now. The best prognosis....."MAYBE IT WILL HEAL EVENTUALLY"!

All I know is that the good LORD has granted me these last three years to be with my family and friends. I realize that if I had dealt with a civillian hospital...........well you know what I mean!

I thank GOD every day that I awake, knowing that I have one more day. The last three weeks have been hell for me! I have actually prayed to die! But the Lord sees fit to let me stay here and finish whatever he wills me to do...for now anyway. I know I have a lot of people praying for me, I just know!

I am sorry about ranting about my personal crap, but, yes I do believe that the VA is using us, Vets, as test subjects, if you will, for the medical students and such.

God bless each of you, my brothers and sisters.

Semper Fi,

Dave
Davblay Now you lesson to FIST. He talks for everybody on this site. Do not be afraid to rant to us. We are Marines, you are a Marine. When it comes to talking about the va there is nobody better than this army guy at I believe is the 2ed. Bn. 94th arty. They fired for the Marines during Kae Sahn.

davblay
03-28-09, 08:45 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

FIST.....U DA MAN! AYE AYE PVT!

Semper Fi,

Dave

FistFu68
03-28-09, 09:13 AM
:usmc: Actually was Honorably discharged as a PFC,but love The Eagle,Globe,@ Anchor so very much I put it up as My rank Sig We just gotta keep humping Dave as as my Old Man used too Say Tow Tha Line...