PDA

View Full Version : Info regarding PAST issues w/ the Law (juvenile).

newbie717
03-27-09, 11:55 AM
hey everybody, im trying to gather information regarding the recruiting process, but im having a issue with something that im getting mixed answers from. <br />
<br />
when i was 14, i was charged with petit...

newbie717
03-27-09, 12:40 PM
also to add--&gt; my counselor told me once im 18 and no longer a juvi, my record becomes clean. <br />
<br />
a friend of mine enlisted with a similar charge as well, went through the same program (called...

KawiGunny
03-27-09, 12:48 PM
Let your recruiter be the one to decide. If you hold back on this and it comes out later...... fraudulant enlistment......booted out the door. If he say's it is a problem, then wait till you turn 18 and your juvi record is clean. Just don't lie to your recruiter. Honesty is the best answer.

Hayes
03-27-09, 12:50 PM
Just tell your recruiter exactly what you told us. If they said its clean then tell your recruiter that. Recruiters are pretty good at digging up things, its their job so you mine as well just go for it. Thats my opinion. Good Luck!

newbie717
03-27-09, 02:29 PM
Let your recruiter be the one to decide. If you hold back on this and it comes out later...... fraudulant enlistment......booted out the door. If he say's it is a problem, then wait till you turn 18 and your juvi record is clean. Just don't lie to your recruiter. Honesty is the best answer.

im already over 18, sir.

newbie717
03-27-09, 02:31 PM
Just tell your recruiter exactly what you told us. If they said its clean then tell your recruiter that. Recruiters are pretty good at digging up things, its their job so you mine as well just go for it. Thats my opinion. Good Luck!

i told my recruiter everything, sir

we even went to the juvenile courthouse together and the desk clerk says "we have the records, and the program was completed successfully. he has a clean record"

my recruiter has to give it to his boss and then i need a waiver because its criminal/moral

Hayes
03-27-09, 02:47 PM
You should be alright, cant be any worse than a tattoo waiver if you have a clean record.

newbie717
03-27-09, 02:57 PM
You should be alright, cant be any worse than a tattoo waiver if you have a clean record.

to be exact, it's an "rs waiver"?

like i said previously, my friend had this same issue and couldnt get the job he wanted (02xx) at first. after speaking with him again, he did get it, but he could not get the bonus associated with this job because the "higher up" at a recruiter command waived him (made an exception to the rules). makes sense? :confused:

I was hoping to do something in the 0200 field as well, reason why im hoping this misdmeanor doesnt effect me