PDA

View Full Version : Hi Mom - Good to Go!

Sempermom66
03-26-09, 11:56 PM
I received a phone call from each of my sons (at MCRD SD) a couple of days ago. They reported that they're both good to go for the Crucible next week...

In one week, I'll really be a Marine Mom!

C.

awbrown1462
03-27-09, 06:54 AM
gald to hear know you must be so proud of your boys and I know they will be good Marines

ScottsMom
03-27-09, 07:06 AM
Congratulations SemperMom!!! Welcome to the Family!

DevsDad
03-27-09, 04:03 PM
Congrats SemperMom! 2 brand new Marines... that will be an action packed 10 days after graduation I bet!

SGT7477
03-27-09, 09:16 PM
Congrats SemperMom, adding to America's finest, OOHRAH.

yellowwing
03-27-09, 10:57 PM
One more testing field
days cultivating fierceness
lifetimes of growing. :thumbup:

Osotogary
03-28-09, 05:51 AM
Terrific news, sempermom66. All the best to your sons.

Sempermom66
03-30-09, 09:32 PM
Thank you all for your generosity. My sons begin their Crucible at oh-dark-hundred tomorrow...

I don't need to set an alarm or require a DI to rouse me at that hour. I've been up at three am most mornings since they first stepped on the yellow footprints.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in after graduation the way my sons are looking forward to pizza and cheeseburgers.

Further up, Steve and Chris -- I am so proud that you have chosen a path that few dare to venture. While I cannot follow you, I am always with you.

Honor. Courage. Commitment.

Semper,

Mom

marinemama
03-31-09, 12:05 AM
My best to your boys, soon to be Marines! I can't wait to hear your posts after you attend graduation...What a tremendous day!

Sempermom66
03-31-09, 04:50 AM
Your sons are in my thoughts and prayers every day...

marinemama
03-31-09, 01:55 PM
Your sons are in my thoughts and prayers every day...

Thank you! :thumbup:

marinemom
03-31-09, 03:10 PM
Congrats on your boys - and welcome to the Marine Mom family - just be prepared for the homecoming - and large lumps in the bed for the first days. Be prepared for the response "Yes, ma'am" at all times.

Not to forget that they will have the neatest rooms and clothes now - you gotta love the transformation!

Rocky C
03-31-09, 03:13 PM
How Wonderful!!!!
I remember when my Mom and Dad came to my Graduation. I don't know who was more proud but my Mom cried the whole ride home from Parris Island to Rhode Island 18 hours. I asked my Dad about it and he said she was crying because now I was going to rearange the whole house and square it away for the next ten days I was home and she would have to start all over again when I left for Pensacola. ( He was kidding of course ).

Congrats Mom!!!
Semper Fi,

Rocky

Sempermom66
04-02-09, 12:31 PM
After months of receiving letters signed "Honor-Courage-Commitment,"

We have arrived...

My sons are now Marines--Changed my post signature... Heading to MCRD SD in six days!

marinemom
04-02-09, 12:35 PM
Ain't it a great feeling!

They might run into my son at SOI - he is an instructor

Sempermom66
04-02-09, 12:37 PM
That would be awesome!

MT3533
04-03-09, 02:20 PM
Congrats on your boys. As Marinemom stated, be prepared the first couple of days back. I remember my Mom turned on my bedroom light on the first morning back and I jumped up to go "online"!

PS.. I never saw my Mother cry until the day I saw her after the graduation dismissal.

Ankrom
04-07-09, 06:53 PM
Well its nice to see that people are out there supporting future marines! Im looking forward to leaving and joining your son in the ranks.

marinemama
04-07-09, 07:49 PM
Tomorrow should be family day! Have a safe journey. I can't wait to see the pictures from your amazing 2 days! A big thanks and congrats to both of your son's...your new Marines!

Sempermom66
04-08-09, 08:51 AM
Well its nice to see that people are out there supporting future marines! Im looking forward to leaving and joining your son in the ranks.

Our group departs today for San Diego to cheer for our Marines. There will be twelve of us from Sacramento, Santa Cruz and Texas!

It's wonderful to see boys like yourself choosing the "road less traveled by." I look forward to hearing from you later this year after you come home with your Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

There is a wonderful Marine on this site, Davblay, who writes to recruits while they are at Boot. If you would like to receive letters from a Marine Mom, email me, and I will give you my address.

I am so proud of all you...C.

Sempermom66
04-08-09, 09:08 AM
Tomorrow should be family day! Have a safe journey. I can't wait to see the pictures from your amazing 2 days! A big thanks and congrats to both of your son's...your new Marines!

Thank you so much for thinking of us! Received my "United States Marines Mom of Two" sweatshirt yesterday with my platoon t-shirt!

The "Welcome Home Marines" banner will be in front of the house when we get back from San Diego on Saturday.

Always, your boys are in my prayers...C.

Sempermom66
04-10-09, 03:42 PM
One more testing field
days cultivating fierceness
lifetimes of growing. :thumbup:

Yellowwing,

Your haiku is my inscription in the graduation cards I will present to my sons tonight.

Thank you. C.

ameriken
04-10-09, 05:35 PM
Received my "United States Marines Mom of Two" sweatshirt yesterday with my platoon t-shirt!
Two Marines......congratulations....God has poured a double blessing on you!!! :iwo::iwo:

Tracer4028
04-12-09, 07:31 AM
Sempermom66...Congratulations on the graduation of your two new Marines. What a glorious time for your family!! :usmc:

May God Bless and keep you all today and always.