PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion Marines (past-Present)

ttracker65
03-26-09, 11:25 AM
YATT-YAS Marines,
Just a quick note. John/Jane Wayne Day went off without a hitch. We had a Pre-Op Brief then did a Beach run on the LVT's. Splashed and went out to the beginning of the Surf Zone then did a Beach Landing on Red Beach. After that we transfered to 7 Ton's for a Road March to the Weapons Range where we ate MRE's Then we observed a Tactical Bounding over watch and Shoot from the LVT's and Hummer. After that we were given the opportunity to Live fire the M9 Pistol and the M4 Service Rifle. Then we observed the firing of the 247 SAW, M60 and .50 Cal,after words we were given the chance to go up to the weapons for a Photo shoot and what not. After that was a Road March back to the Battalion Area in the 7 Ton's and equipment turn in, De-Brief and a BBQ on Del Mar Beach. All in all it could not have been better. Many thanks to Lt Col McLean, Sgt Maj Hildago, The Family Readiness Officer and the Marines who Participated They were Outstanding. Every thing an old goat like me would expect from our Marines and More. I will post Pictures when I return to Wisconsin due to a technical difficulty, Lt Col McLean will be posting Pictures on the Battalion web site to access them go to 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion 1st Marine Division home page, click on home then 3rdAABn Media Gallery.
YATT-YAS and Semper Fi
Cpl Bruce Boatwright
1st Marine Division Association
3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion Chapter

FrankNunez1986
03-26-09, 03:23 PM
Last year it was pretty fun, which i could have been there again

DocGreek
03-26-09, 03:28 PM
Sounds like you had a GREAT time!!! Would be nice to have something like that, for 3rd Marines!! Especially, for us OLD FARTS!! Looking forward to the "FLICKS"!!.....DOC

MT3533
03-27-09, 01:19 AM
Good to hear 3rd Trax still does this event! How about a surf qual next year?
Semper Fi. YAT YAS

FrankNunez1986
03-28-09, 04:53 AM
They had surf qual last year
that was pretty fun watching the non-trackers try and swim back

MT3533
03-28-09, 09:50 AM
That must have been a blast for them to get to ride in the tractor! Was always awesome to get to ride in the hawgs, instead of just refueling them!

echo3oscar1833
03-28-09, 06:21 PM
Served with 2nd Tracks myself, The big thing we always did, was go do the Mcdonalds Air Sea Show in Florida. I was one of the select to be able to do it in 2002. It was a hell of a time. Loved every minute of it. Last time I drove a track in California was during CAX of 02. Good times Yat Yas!!:D

ttracker65
03-28-09, 09:34 PM
YATT-YAS Marines, I now have some of the Pictures on my Profile and I have several others on my home page www.myspace.com/tracker80 Feel free to Brows my pictures
Cpl Bruce Boatwright
1st Marine Division Association
3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion Chapter

echo3oscar1833
03-29-09, 11:01 PM
heres a good video for us Trackers Yat-Yas:marine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guFqH9F7N3o