View Full Version : Bush may send 500-1,000 troops to Liberia

thedrifter
07-03-03, 11:26 AM
Bush may send 500-1,000 troops to Liberia <br />
<br />
Wednesday, July 2, 2003 Posted: 7:36 PM EDT (2336 GMT) <br />
<br />
<br />
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush could announce later this week that he is sending 500 to...

btrogu
07-03-03, 01:14 PM
The U.N. want's the U.S.A. there as peacekeeprs, but when it came to Iraq and it's weapons of mass destruction and it's human rights polices, we were wrong. I say let France,Germany, and Russia handle this one.

Sgt Sostand
07-03-03, 01:19 PM
Screw the UN let France or Germany go their

Lock-n-Load
07-03-03, 03:30 PM
:marine: I agree with my comrades-in-arms above...No Marine FMF Shock Troops for Liberia....right on...let the Frogs, the Krauts and the Russkies get bloodied up in that hell-hole full of deadly virus'...like monkey/pox and who knows what else in that slaughterhouse...the VA will not give healthcare to any Vet coming down with that Rat/driven ..monkey/pox virus...let's stay at home on this caper and make sure those Muslim oil fields pay for Iraq's freedom and sustenace to keep those Arabs in line...I love our CIC telling those Ragheads, "Come on; Bring 'em on"...you want more ass-kicking??...."Come on; Bring 'em on".:marine:

firstsgtmike
07-03-03, 07:39 PM
Uncle Sam to the Rescue

Thursday, July 03, 2003

By Neil Cavuto

So let me see if I have this right: Now the United Nations needs us. Not in Iraq, where it argued, we shouldn't go. But in Liberia (search), where it argues, we should go.

Liberia is a mess and needs to be stabilized, the U.N. says. Funny, Iraq was a mess but apparently didn't need to be stabilized, the U.N. said.

But why quibble over the details. The administration is indeed sending at least 1,000 G.I.s to Liberia -- maybe double that number down the road.

It’s part of a global peacekeeping force that needs some clout and we just provided it.

We could have bickered and dithered and ignored. We could have said, to hell with your request. But we didn't.

We could have ignored the desperate pleas from Liberians looking to end a civil war that's already claimed hundreds of lives. But we didn't.

We could have been vindictive and said to the French and Germans, who led this request by the way, "You didn't do diddly for us, we ain't doing diddly for you." But we didn't. No, we recognized the greater good by doing some good. So it’s Uncle Sam to the rescue… again.

You know, there are a lot of people who criticize this country, but we're always there when they need this country.

Yes, we do a lot of things wrong, but when everything hits the fan, we do one thing right: We calm, protect and save people.

Sometimes I wonder why we do anything for fair weather friends, who hate us one moment and then dizzily come running to us the next.

Then I look back in our history and I realize the answer: It’s because we've done the exact same thing before, time and time again.

That’s not bad for a country the world loves to hate, until the world is too scared to move.

FREDDY
07-03-03, 08:07 PM
I see times have not changed I was in liberia in 1990 and 1991 under operation sharp edge. Taylor had just had the old president ears cut off and had him eat his own ears with a bowl of rice then had him killed and left in the down town square. From what I remember they had cut off his fingers and he had bled to death as well as they had cut alot of his skin off and had eaten it. Supposedly to absorb his power vodoo is still a big thing there OH man they memories MAMBA STATION, bullets flying, birds singing yea right .

Devildogg4ever
07-04-03, 04:29 AM
I agree with everyone else, "NO WAY"!

Irish
07-04-03, 06:39 AM
I read where Bush is pondering sending troops to Liberia... maybe 1,000 to 5,000... these chickenhawks that are trying to run these operations had better wake up!

We don't need to be sending anyone to Liberia or anywhere else... we need more support in Iraq or we should get the hell out. We're losing guys everyday... for what?

This "bring'em on" BS is for kids on the corner... not snipers!