PDA

View Full Version : Enlisted Air Crew with AJ Contract

philv1987
03-25-09, 10:14 PM
I signed my contract with a guarantee of an MOS in AJ (Aviation Operations 72xx/73xx). I want to work as an enlisted air crew member. About.com says that air crew positions (7382) are voluntary . Is there anyway that I can guarantee myself a spot in this MOS school upon MCT graduation (volunteer beforehand, contract)? If I am mistaken about the right way to become an air crew member please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Donut Brigade
03-25-09, 10:42 PM
Aircrew is AG, AJ is air traffic control and other ****. You need to get that fixed before you ship if you want to be aircrew (PM me for any q's about AC school).

philv1987
03-25-09, 10:50 PM
crap, on the contract under 73xx it said air crew so i figured that's what it was. thanks for the info. i'll have to talk to my recruiter about that. should it be easy to change from AJ to AG? If not is it possible to do a lat move into an air crew position? thanks again.

JohnEaceHunt
03-25-09, 10:57 PM
I believe you are mistaken there philv. All you are guaranteed is the chance to go to the Aviation school. If you fail any of the tests, and there are a number of them, OUT you go. Where is up to the Corps. Nothing is guaranteed in being an Air Crew Member. Like I've said before, 'Most anyone can be a Grunt, but not anyone can take a Jet-Engine apart and put it back together again, and it still run'. A Crew Chief with experiance can. Not all can be a Crew Chief either.

Donut Brigade
03-25-09, 11:04 PM
You shouldn't have to do a lat move...you haven't even left for boot left, talk to your recruiter, and if he doesn't give you the job YOU want, tell him to f*gg off and you are on your way to AF recruiting office. I guarantee about that time another spot for AG will magically appear.

philv1987
03-26-09, 11:26 AM
ok thanks i'll talk to my recruiter about getting in changed. But if aircrew positions require the additional training is it possible for anyone from other aviation MOS's to sign up for air crew school and if they fail they are placed back in their original MOS? Thanks again.