PDA

View Full Version : Robber fatally shot in Miami Burger King holdup

jetdawgg
03-25-09, 11:35 AM
Good!!!!

A robbery at a Burger King in Miami's Upper East Side neighborhood left one person dead and another seriously injured.

BY ROBERT SAMUELS

<!-- begin /production/story/credit_line_format.comp -->rsamuels@MiamiHerald.com

<!-- end /production/story/credit_line_format.comp -->An afternoon shootout at a busy Burger King restaurant in Miami left a potential robber dead and the customer who shot him seriously wounded.

The bloody event unfolded about 4 p.m. Tuesday at the restaurant at Northeast 54th Street and Biscayne Boulevard. It was a time, employees said, when it is usually crowded with schoolchildren and people getting out of work early.

The robber entered wearing a ski mask. He approached a clerk, showed his gun and demanded money, said Miami police spokesman Jeff Giordano.

A customer eyed him and the two started arguing. The customer had a concealed-weapons permit and his gun -- and the two exchanged gunfire.
The robber crumpled to the floor and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The customer, with several gunshot wounds, was in serious but stable condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center.

Officers divided witnesses into several groups outside the restaurant to gather information about the incident. Employees waiting to start their shift called friends and family members on their cellphones to pass the time because they were not allowed through the police tape.

''I just hope all my people are OK inside,'' said Cynthia Thomas, who has worked at the Burger King for five years. ``It is scary.''

Around them, drivers on busy Biscayne Boulevard gawked at the scene.
The area is a prime destination for residents in the Upper East Side neighborhood -- featuring Soyka's restaurant, Sushi Siam and Andiamo Pizza.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/966133.html

DWG
03-26-09, 07:06 AM
Well down here the state just takes too damn long to execute (or arrest, prosecute, wrist slap) some of these dirtbags, so citizens sometimes have to step up to the job! Kudos to the Miamian who cleaned the street of one small piece of scum. Hope he recovers soon (he took several rounds himself) and gets a reward (at least free Whoppers for life!).

:):thumbup::!:

jetdawgg
03-26-09, 09:43 AM
Gun control controls criminals

yellowwing
03-26-09, 10:18 AM
Good story in essence.

There was a bloody shootout at very close range inside a crowded restaraunt!

Was it really necessary for the reporter to include what the bystanders were doing, or what other restaurants are conveniently located in the area? WTF?

Wyoming
03-26-09, 11:58 AM
A follow up from you Florida folks would be nice.

Makes me wonder how much the lawsuit will demand, as surely the poor dead ****ers family will troop out folks that will swear he was an upstanding citizen, Chaplains striker and choirboy!

Wait, was the dead **** even a citizen?

StoneTheWeak
03-26-09, 06:45 PM

Makes me wonder how much the lawsuit will demand, as surely the poor dead ****ers family will troop out folks that will swear he was an upstanding citizen, Chaplains striker and choirboy!

Wait, was the dead **** even a citizen?

He was robbing a burger king instead of a bank, thus leading me to believe that burger kings in his mind have more cash than finer institutions. I'll leave yall to fill in the blanks.

commdog7
03-26-09, 06:58 PM
I don't think this is a gun control issue, but rather a proceedural issue. I don't have any sympathy for the robber: he committed a crime and got what was coming to him. But I do think that the situation could have turned out better. If the customer hadn't pulled his gun, no one would have been hurt. It is better for the robber to walk away with maybe a few hundred dollars then for someone to get killed and another seriously injured. Besides, the Burger King should have had surveillance cameras which could have led to his capture and prosecution. I just think that the customer played the situation wrong by pulling a gun on the robber and putting his life in danger all for a few hundred dollars.

DWG
03-27-09, 05:04 AM

Bad guy is still dead! Good guy is recuperating; this was a shooting in Miami, there isn't even an archive article in the Miami news today about it (in the tropics, they come and they go!). Must have been a legal or they would be marching by now!

Hayes
03-27-09, 05:09 AM
Fast food justice at it's best haha

DWG
03-27-09, 05:18 AM
I don't think this is a gun control issue, but rather a proceedural issue. I don't have any sympathy for the robber: he committed a crime and got what was coming to him. But I do think that the situation could have turned out better. If the customer hadn't pulled his gun, no one would have been hurt. It is better for the robber to walk away with maybe a few hundred dollars then for someone to get killed and another seriously injured. Besides, the Burger King should have had surveillance cameras which could have led to his capture and prosecution. I just think that the customer played the situation wrong by pulling a gun on the robber and putting his life in danger all for a few hundred dollars.

You are right, but fortunately this turned out well for everyone except the good guy (he caught lead) and, of course, the thief (he's still dead). Apparently they were about face to face when they "cleared leather" as it were. Perhaps the scum bag thought the same thing-'crowded place no one will interfere'. Well he was wrong this time and he won't get another chance. For all we know, or the guy facing him knew, he planned on shooting the place up like the guy did in San Diego did a few years ago, after all he didn't seem to hesitate to use his weapon. Nobody will ever know. But one thing we do know is; one dead waste of skin off the street and no one, aside from the hero, injured. Defininitely not a dozen dead and wounded like in Dago.

Would I risk my life for a large corporations' money; HELL NO! I'm not even supposed to eat that crap anymore. :cry: But I'm very happy this turned out as well as it did. Next time maybe the potential felon/body bag inhabitant will settle for extra pickles instead of the cash drawer. "Have it your way" has its limits!

:mad:

DWG
03-27-09, 05:20 AM
Fast food justice at it's best haha

I'm curious Hayes; I would think everybody where you are is armed. do they have this sort of trouble in BK over there? :D:banana:

retread09
03-27-09, 07:06 AM
guess he had it.............wait for it................................................ .........his way!

Hayes
03-27-09, 07:39 AM
I'm curious Hayes; I would think everybody where you are is armed. do they have this sort of trouble in BK over there? :D:banana:

HAHA well played!

We don't have any of that crap here in Camp Baharia. Now in "Camp Cupcake" (Al Taqaddum) They have a Burger King, Taco Bell and a god damn Baskin Robins! We have....um....a 20x20 PX!!! woo. I would trade in all these rounds for a triple whopper in a heartbeat.:banana:

NoRemorse
03-27-09, 07:41 AM
Gun control controls criminals

I'd agree with this. Sounds like the courageous citizen who killed the perp had complete control of his gun.

yellowwing
03-27-09, 09:34 AM
Both were shot and it's fortunate that the robber was the one killed. We weren't there. Hopefully the citizen sticks to the simple I Feared For My Life.

Nothing on YouTube has been posted yet.

DWG
03-27-09, 09:42 AM
HAHA well played!

We don't have any of that crap here in Camp Baharia. Now in "Camp Cupcake" (Al Taqaddum) They have a Burger King, Taco Bell and a god damn Baskin Robins! We have....um....a 20x20 PX!!! woo. I would trade in all these rounds for a triple whopper in a heartbeat.:banana:

My condolences Marine. From the way the press talks, Starbucks, BK, McDs' and Taco Bell are already set up before they send troops now (and they are working on Chucky Cheese for the younger troopers)! I forgot they never get out of sight of the Green Zone! I'd send you a Whopper but I don't think it would travel well! How about some coupons for when you re-enter civilization?:D

Hayes
03-27-09, 09:47 AM
Ha when I re-enter civilization a humburger is going to be the last thing on my mind haha ;P

DWG
03-27-09, 09:51 AM
Ha when I re-enter civilization a humburger is going to be the last thing on my mind haha ;P

I hear that, but they don't give out coupons for that (and if they did I would avoid them)! :scared:

Of course, the way the economy is going they might work for BK coupons by then! Awww, too much around for free to waste coupons on!:D

yellowwing
03-27-09, 10:03 AM

Ah yes! Those Patriotic Marine Groupies are some really fun girls! :banana:

Hayes
03-27-09, 10:06 AM

aka dependents or if your lucky, sgt majors daughter..haha

DWG
03-27-09, 10:06 AM

Don't get him too worked up, we don't know how much longer he has to go!
;)

DWG
03-27-09, 10:07 AM
aka dependents or if your lucky, sgt majors daughter..haha

Not going career, I take it? :D

Hayes
03-27-09, 10:08 AM
Don't get him too worked up, we don't know how much longer he has to go!
;)

6 FUN FILLED MONTHS YAY!!!!!!:banana:

DWG
03-27-09, 10:10 AM
6 FUN FILLED MONTHS YAY!!!!!!:banana:

Ohhh, nooooo! Be sure to wear your gloves! ;):D

Hayes
03-27-09, 10:17 AM
Ohhh, nooooo! Be sure to wear your gloves! ;):D

Ha i think i'll be okay, Ive got a lady devildog waiting for me back in Oki.:banana:
Off and back on the topic now though I am 100% going to eat like a fat kid tonight and get a CheeseBurger fries and something related to BK tonight. Thank you starter of this thread, my 1st class pft is soon to go out the window! HAHA

giveen
03-27-09, 10:43 AM
Good!!!!

Wait a second, weren't you in another thread screaming how criminals should live?

You are okay with a robber being shot, but a murderer should live?

Eric Hood
03-27-09, 03:39 PM
The guy ought to get a medal.

Hayes
03-27-09, 03:55 PM
The guy ought to get a medal.
Or a whopper

JohnEaceHunt
03-27-09, 05:02 PM

Think you have it wrong dog. The more dirtbags that rob and get away with it, will encourage other robbers to do the same thing. I guarantee the robber will never do it again. You can not say he would not have started shooting once he had gotten any money. As for the capture and prosecution, he would have been back on the street most likely that same night. Later, a plea deal would have gotten him off with most likely probation, just to do it better the next time. I believe the customer saved innocent lives by pulling his gun and blowing the robber away. This will start happening all over the United States once the drug test before a welfare check becomes law. I really LMFAO for sure bout that upcoming law. I think you are too pansy to be in my foxhole if you feel that way about the robbery. I'd get another hair cut, or permanent, your hair is too long. If you were in a fire fight with a taliban, you'd most likely capture him, take his AK-47 and homemade bombs away, and then let him go while saying,'Well, just don't do it again'. No slak.!!!

commdog7
03-27-09, 06:57 PM
Think you have it wrong dog. The more dirtbags that rob and get away with it, will encourage other robbers to do the same thing. I guarantee the robber will never do it again. You can not say he would not have started shooting once he had gotten any money. As for the capture and prosecution, he would have been back on the street most likely that same night. Later, a plea deal would have gotten him off with most likely probation, just to do it better the next time. I believe the customer saved innocent lives by pulling his gun and blowing the robber away. This will start happening all over the United States once the drug test before a welfare check becomes law. I really LMFAO for sure bout that upcoming law. I think you are too pansy to be in my foxhole if you feel that way about the robbery. I'd get another hair cut, or permanent, your hair is too long. If you were in a fire fight with a taliban, you'd most likely capture him, take his AK-47 and homemade bombs away, and then let him go while saying,'Well, just don't do it again'. No slak.!!!

How many times does a customer pull a gun on a robber? I really don't think this one incident will greatly affect other robbers' actions in the future. I think it was incredibly dumb for a customer to pull a gun on an armed robber and get into a gun fight. Let him have the few hundred dollars of Burger King money! There is no reason he should have risked his life as well as the other employees'/customers' lives just to foil a minor robbery. Yea, real smart to start a gun battle in a crowded fast food restaurant. I highly doubt the robber was expecting that, 99.9% of the time he just wants to get the money and go, with no intention of hurting anyone. Let him have the money, there is no reason to risk the lives of everyone in the restaurant just to be a 'hero'. I just hope other people are smart enough not to copy-cat this 'heroes' actions, because I doubt it will end as well as it did next time this happens. Next headline: 'A 4-year old kid was killed during an exchange of gun fire after an attempted robbery'.

I'm not sad that the robber is dead, he deserved it, but the costomer who 'saved the day' was incredibly stupid in my opinion. Anyone who thinks that risking the lives of all those people in the restaurant is worth a few hundred BK dollars is just retarded in my mind. I hope he will realize his mistake while recovering in the hospital.

Oh, and if you think that the criminal would have lived another day just to rob again, then you should blame it on the justice system. Pressure the lawmakers to toughen the punishments for criminals.

Eric Hood
03-27-09, 06:58 PM
And some fries too!!

JohnEaceHunt
03-27-09, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't shoot a robber because he was going to get anyones money, I would shoot to kill the robber to keep him from doing it again to anyone permanately. If they will rob someone, they will kill as well. Its open season on robbers. GET SOME.!!!!!