PDA

View Full Version : College and Medical School

proudrepublican
03-24-09, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone. I joined this site a while ago, but havent posted untill now. Anyway, Ive got a few questions about going to school through the USMC.

Ive wanted to join some type of service since I was young, and now I cant turn on the television without seeing "50 more women and children dead in whateveristan because achmeds god has bigger balls then mohammeds god", and quite frankly, its starting to **** me off. And sitting here talking about it isnt getting anything done. So im pretty set on joining the Corps to go help end this bullsh*t.

The only two reasons I havent enlisted yet are:
a. I dropped out of H.S. so im going to college to qualify for Tier 1
and
b. Im not in the best shape (but I am working on this)

Anyway, Ive always been into medicine. I dream of one day being an M.D.
And since money isnt easy to come by, and Im joining the service anyway, I was wondering how much of my education will be covered by the G.I. Bill. I was hoping to go to a state school (probably UCONN) and then, if all goes well, the UCONN School of Medicine so I can acquire the title of M.D.

Have any of you guys done anything similar to this or know anything about this subject?

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Pete0331
03-24-09, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone. I joined this site a while ago, but havent posted untill now. Anyway, Ive got a few questions about going to school through the USMC.

Ive wanted to join some type of service since I was young, and now I cant turn on the television without seeing "50 more women and children dead in whateveristan because achmeds god has bigger balls then mohammeds god", and quite frankly, its starting to **** me off. And sitting here talking about it isnt getting anything done. So im pretty set on joining the Corps to go help end this bullsh*t.

The only two reasons I havent enlisted yet are:
a. I dropped out of H.S. so im going to college to qualify for Tier 1
and
b. Im not in the best shape (but I am working on this)

Anyway, Ive always been into medicine. I dream of one day being an M.D.
And since money isnt easy to come by, and Im joining the service anyway, I was wondering how much of my education will be covered by the G.I. Bill. I was hoping to go to a state school (probably UCONN) and then, if all goes well, the UCONN School of Medicine so I can acquire the title of M.D.

Have any of you guys done anything similar to this or know anything about this subject?

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks!

MGI Bill will not cover medical school, not by a long shot.
I doubt it would even cover the schooling to be a RN at a state university.

My advise would be to become a Corpsman then go to medical school after.
It will give you a good base of knowledge if you go to med school.

proudrepublican
03-25-09, 09:41 AM
Should I go the Corpsman route, could I get college credits from the training I would receive? And how much of my education would be covered by the G.I. Bill should I go to a state school?

Wyoming
03-25-09, 09:52 AM
should I

could I

how much

should I

Jeez, grow some and make your own decisions while talking to a recruiter!!

proudrepublican
03-25-09, 10:07 AM
Hey buddy, listen. Im about to make a huge descision that will affect the rest of my life. I believe im in it for the right reasons, and before I alter the course of my life forever, Im sure as hell going to find out EVERYTHING I can about what Im doing.

Now I came here looking for some information. If youve got some awnsers to my questions, thats great, and Ill be very grateful for your help. If not, click the next thread on the page.

Im going to do my best to treat everyone here with the respect they deserve. I could only ask that you show me the same respect in return. Mocking me and telling me to "grow a pair" isnt helping to awnser my questions. So unless youve got something productive or helpful to add to this discussion, your input isnt needed.

Rocky C
03-25-09, 10:15 AM
OH S**T, Here it comes. Hang on BigAl while I put my Kevlar on....

Rocky

Wyoming
03-25-09, 10:16 AM
Like I said, grow a pair.

You asked a question, many of them, that were YOUR decisions to make.

Go see a recruiter.

Iffen you get told on here to go navy, and that is not what your itty biyty heart wants, are you going to pitch a hissy fit until you get someone to tell you exactly what you wanted to do in the 1st place.

Me thinks you ain't even dropped yet!!

proudrepublican
03-25-09, 10:49 AM
Should I go the Corpsman route, could I get college credits from the training I would receive? And how much of my education would be covered by the G.I. Bill should I go to a state school?

You know I wasnt asking if I should go the Corpsman route. Thats just how I speak. It meant "IF" I go the Corpsman route....

And no, Im not going to pitch a hissy fit, unless an assh*le like yourself comes along to give me sh*t for no good reason. Because Im not asking what TO do, Im asking what CAN I do.

And why are you so interested in MY balls anyway?

0231Marine
03-25-09, 11:32 AM
Look here kid, you really need to turn it down a few notches. If you don't like what one of the Marines on here has to say, then just ignore their advice and move on. You will not talk to the Marines on this site like you just did though because as highly as you hold your self respect and importance, you are at the bottom of the food chain here and you will show the courtesy and respect that we as Marines have earned. You also need to address the Marines on this site by Sir/Ma'am or by their rank because we've earned it.

Got it?

Now, in regards to your question. The new G.I. Bill will pay for all of your Bachelor's Degree to any state school but you'll have to serve 36 months active duty first.

I'm not telling you to go in as a corpsman or as a Marine because that's something only you can decide but you will learn a lot of the medical stuff as a corpsman and I imagine you'll get college credit from the schooling you'll receive as well.

Finally, keep in mind that we as Marines are a little rough around the edges sometimes and when someone posts a bunch of questions like you did asking what you should do with your life, it can be repetative and annoying because it occurs on here often. Just take everything with a grain of salt and move on.

Rocky C
03-25-09, 11:42 AM
You know I wasnt asking if I should go the Corpsman route. Thats just how I speak. It meant "IF" I go the Corpsman route....

And no, Im not going to pitch a hissy fit, unless an assh*le like yourself comes along to give me sh*t for no good reason. Because Im not asking what TO do, Im asking what CAN I do.

And why are you so interested in MY balls anyway?

Tread lightly here before you get in a world of S**T!!!!!!!
These are MY Brothers and Sisters your addressing, not yours!!!!!
The next words out of your mouth better be an apology, if not, MOVE ON!

Rocky

proudrepublican
03-25-09, 11:47 AM
Look here kid, you really need to turn it down a few notches. If you don't like what one of the Marines on here has to say, then just ignore their advice and move on. You will not talk to the Marines on this site like you just did though because as highly as you hold your self respect and importance, you are at the bottom of the food chain here and you will show the courtesy and respect that we as Marines have earned. You also need to address the Marines on this site by Sir/Ma'am or by their rank because we've earned it.

Got it?

Now, in regards to your question. The new G.I. Bill will pay for all of your Bachelor's Degree to any state school but you'll have to serve 36 months active duty first.

I'm not telling you to go in as a corpsman or as a Marine because that's something only you can decide but you will learn a lot of the medical stuff as a corpsman and I imagine you'll get college credit from the schooling you'll receive as well.

Finally, keep in mind that we as Marines are a little rough around the edges sometimes and when someone posts a bunch of questions like you did asking what you should do with your life, it can be repetative and annoying because it occurs on here often. Just take everything with a grain of salt and move on.

Alright, well then I do apologize for what Ive said. Internet tough-guys are a pet peev of mine. I was just looking for some awnsers and now Ive found them.

Thank you

Rocky C
03-25-09, 11:53 AM
Alright, well then I do apologize for what Ive said. Internet tough-guys are a pet peev of mine. I was just looking for some awnsers and now Ive found them.

Thank you

Apology accepted and good luck on your decision and quest to "Earn The Title ".

Rocky