PDA

View Full Version : When does select grades post

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 08:00 AM
When do the select grades post on MOL, for PFC, LCPL, CPL and so on?
Does anyone know?

Pete0331
03-24-09, 08:16 AM
When do the select grades post on MOL, for PFC, LCPL, CPL and so on?
Does anyone know?

What are you referring to?
Explain more throughly.

avenger08
03-24-09, 08:40 AM
usually a day or two after the cutting score is approved. my lcpl select grade didnt post till a week after i was selected for lance. mol is slow.

Achped
03-24-09, 08:47 AM
Avenger I hate you. No really, in the Airwing, in Iwakuni, and in the 31st MEU. I can't imagine a better duty station.

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 08:58 AM
Thirty worst is going to Phillipines in the next few weeks right?

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 08:59 AM
What are you referring to?
Explain more throughly.

On Marine OnLine, before the 1st of the Month it usually shows who's getting promoted next month, i'm trying to find out if im picking up Lance again lol :confused:

avenger08
03-24-09, 09:00 AM
Avenger I hate you. No really, in the Airwing, in Iwakuni, and in the 31st MEU. I can't imagine a better duty station.

bro im just on the 31 worst meu. i hate being here in iwakuni and its not even my duty station. im actually stationed in yuma.

Petz
03-24-09, 09:02 AM
I can't believe you are waiting to see the select grades in MOL when you can see the cutting scores on Marine.mil .... do you even know how to calculate your composite score?

besides, from PFC to Lance is a given 11 months.... if you pick up meritoriously at one of your schools then it's on your 12th month since your first month doesn't count as you would have been promoted on the 2d and not the 1st.

Use some freaking common sense here devil dogs.

Pete0331
03-24-09, 09:06 AM
besides, from PFC to Lance is a given 11 months.....

9 months last I checked, unless it has changed recently.

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 09:17 AM
I can't believe you are waiting to see the select grades in MOL when you can see the cutting scores on Marine.mil .... do you even know how to calculate your composite score?

besides, from PFC to Lance is a given 11 months.... if you pick up meritoriously at one of your schools then it's on your 12th month since your first month doesn't count as you would have been promoted on the 2d and not the 1st.

Use some freaking common sense here devil dogs.

SSGT, if you read my post, im trying to see if im picking up LCPL again, so there is no cutting score from PFC to LCPL.

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 09:18 AM

I was busted down July 15, so that's my date of rank.
So 9 months from July would have been March, but since i got busted down mid March im hoping i get promoted April 1

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 09:21 AM
SSGT, if you read my post, im trying to see if im picking up LCPL again, so there is no cutting score from PFC to LCPL.
And the first time around, i waited 9 months not 11, so unless it's changed in the last year, i'm pretty sure it's still 9

Pete0331
03-24-09, 09:21 AM
I was busted down July 15, so that's my date of rank.
So 9 months from July would have been March, but since i got busted down mid March im hoping i get promoted April 1

Hell, if you said so in the first place it would have been easier.

NJP's lock you out for 6 months.
So 9 months after that.

Double check with your 1stSgt.

Petz
03-24-09, 09:23 AM

holy fvck, yeah..... um.... 11 months is how long you have to wait to pick up Cpl.... sorry Marines...

at least you got my point.

Petz
03-24-09, 09:24 AM

PFC, I did clarify in the second part of my first paragraph... so if you read MY post you'd see what I meant.... even though the timeline make me look like a retard.

giveen
03-24-09, 09:25 AM
LOL, i'm waiting for my IRR promotion to Sgt since I never got while active.

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 09:27 AM

So 9 months after that.

Oh i see, i was under the impression that
under my six month non rec i was eneligble to pick up
but i was still getting my time in grade?

Petz
03-24-09, 09:28 AM

So 9 months after that.

they don't lock you out... they just prevent you from picking up... it's still 9 months from the date of your new rank.... usually you don't get busted on the 1st, so it starts the 1st day of the next month... then the 9th month he'll pick up again.

example...

busted the 5th of janurary
feburary 1st starts his 9 month time frame
he is eligable to get promoted august 1st (if his command is trying to meritoriously promote him)
Marine will pick up on october 1st

FrankNunez1986
03-24-09, 09:29 AM
they don't lock you out... they just prevent you from picking up... it's still 9 months from the date of your new rank.... usually you don't get busted on the 1st, so it starts the 1st day of the next month... then the 9th month he'll pick up again.

example...

busted the 5th of janurary
feburary 1st starts his 9 month time frame
he is eligable to get promoted august 1st (if his command is trying to meritoriously promote him)
Marine will pick up on october 1st

Oh okay Thanks for clarifying, appreciate it SSGT

Petz
03-24-09, 09:35 AM
LOL, i'm waiting for my IRR promotion to Sgt since I never got while active.

I would recommend you get orders for training of some sort from MOBCOM, being active in the IRR will help you get promoted much faster.

heck, if you keep getting qualifying years you can get promoted to SSgt and higher... and will be able to re-enlist into the IRR through a prior service recruiter... very cool stuff.

I went to hawaii using RCT (reserve counterpart training) orders for 27 days.

you can always ask MOBCOM to find orders for you as well. sometimes if you're lucky you can ask for MEU orders and the MEU may fund them!

it's pretty cool.

giveen
03-24-09, 09:51 AM
I would recommend you get orders for training of some sort from MOBCOM, being active in the IRR will help you get promoted much faster.

heck, if you keep getting qualifying years you can get promoted to SSgt and higher... and will be able to re-enlist into the IRR through a prior service recruiter... very cool stuff.

I went to hawaii using RCT (reserve counterpart training) orders for 27 days.

you can always ask MOBCOM to find orders for you as well. sometimes if you're lucky you can ask for MEU orders and the MEU may fund them!

it's pretty cool.

It really doesnt matter to me, but I was just so intend on getting Sgt before getting out of active duty and it never happened due to various factors.

Petz
03-24-09, 12:11 PM
... so you don't want to stay Marine??

it's really a great opportunity to utilize the IRR for going and doing things you weren't able to do while on active duty.

I really enjoyed it. you should give it a go.

giveen
03-24-09, 12:50 PM
I wouldnt mind, but I have a baby on the way, due less than a week and its going to get crazy.

And since its my choice now, not the Marine Corps, I'll stay home and take care of my family.

Petz
03-24-09, 01:05 PM
hey, I was in the same boat... when did you get off active duty? if you had a month and a half worth of this year then you're good for the rest of the year, and eligible for promotion to Sgt if you meet the score on the reserve side... Keep in contact with MOBCOM customer service to ask the questions you want answered, they're a good bunch of Marines.

then next year before the end of the calander year, just get some orders somewhere so you get a qualifying year... you just need 35 days, you can do a few courtesy drills with your reserve unit in the area if you want to rack them up pretty quick, since each 4 hour period counts as a days point. your scores on everything is good for two years in the reserves towards promotions... so you can jump in with a unit in pendleton to goto the rifle range for two weeks, run a PFT at your reserve unit along with the gas chamber... and do whatever else you want... it's pretty flexible.

you want to work for two weeks 'cause you got a temp lay-off, you can goto japan if a unit will sponser you and you can work for those two weeks.

I'm just saying, I've been where you're at, and wish I got my second year a qualifying year.... my third and fourth are 'cause I wisened up. Don't want you to feel the same way as me.

Semper Fi.

giveen
03-24-09, 01:13 PM
Well I am starting a workout regiment here soon, so I might try to run a PFT this summer and possible do a weekend drill.

Petz
03-24-09, 01:18 PM
keep in mind that you won't get paid for the drill. but you'd be able to use this as an easy way to feel out the unit before you decide to join it, if you ever go that far with the reserves.

keep in mind, it's chaotic, they want you to do all the training you did on active duty, just in 35 days out of the year.... and they have days where all they do is stand in lines instead of breaking it up by platoon.

but getting your retirement credits is a good thing.

giveen
03-24-09, 01:27 PM
I dont know what I would be able to do in the reserves at my local base. Its a tank platoon and they dont need no data geek especially when NMCI is still in effect till 2010.

BR34
03-24-09, 06:28 PM
U&E was today. They should be in the system tomorrow. They MIGHT be on MOL tomorrow.

SgtJP
03-24-09, 07:36 PM
The scores always come out much earlier than the select grades post on MOL. They do everything slow. Usually the 25th(tomorrow) is around the time they are up on MOL.

Achped
03-25-09, 01:41 AM
Iwakuni Japan totally trumps Hawaii. I don't care who you are. And a MEU would be so much more kickass than an FMF unit that just goes to Iraq and Afghanistan.

FrankNunez1986
03-25-09, 04:41 AM
Man, i wish i could just get on any deploying unit, MEU or to Iraq or Afghan, in the last 2 1/2 years i been to nothing but non deployable units, and now i've been in japan for some months now, but im only here on a maintenance detachment :[

Achped
03-25-09, 05:44 AM
Oh cry me a river. Maybe its because I hate cold weather, maybe its because I don't like sand unless its on a beach with massive Hawaiian swells coming in, or maybe its just because I absolutely love Asian babes, but your complaining renders no pity from me... Okinawa I may be able to understand. But Iwakuni? dude....that's second only to Bangkok.

JWDevilDog
03-25-09, 07:03 AM
Thirty worst is going to Phillipines in the next few weeks right?

That's affirmative. Their next stop is the Phillipenes, and I think they go to Australia after that. Don't quote me on the Aussie deployment, though. I just know my unit is going there this summer, and I'm on the T/O for it, as of right now.

Pete0331
03-25-09, 09:06 AM
That's affirmative. Their next stop is the Phillipenes, and I think they go to Australia after that. Don't quote me on the Aussie deployment, though. I just know my unit is going there this summer, and I'm on the T/O for it, as of right now.

Not a good idea to post operational info like that on the net.

Achped
03-25-09, 09:22 AM

Oh sweet! Which ports are they going to be coming into and at what times?

JWDevilDog
03-25-09, 10:13 AM
Not a good idea to post operational info like that on the net.

My bad, Cpl. You're right. Won't happen again.

Petz
03-25-09, 11:04 AM
too late, you ship is sunk...

JWDevilDog
03-25-09, 11:21 AM
too late, you ship is sunk...

*whew* Well, Ssgt, it's a damn good thing I'm not taking a ship there... Lol

Petz
03-25-09, 11:24 AM
figure of speech devil.

JWDevilDog
03-25-09, 11:30 AM
figure of speech devil.

I know, Ssgt. Just trying to make light of it, that's all.

Petz
03-25-09, 11:35 AM
... I've been told I have no sense of humor.

maybe they're right in which case you shouldn't even try.

SgtJP
03-25-09, 07:25 PM
... I've been told I have no sense of humor.

maybe they're right in which case you shouldn't even try.

Don't get down on yourself SSgt. I understood the humor :bunny:

Petz
03-26-09, 12:00 AM
at least you replied!!!! haha. it must be a leadership thing!?

avenger08
03-26-09, 04:53 AM

dude dont say **** about where the meu is going, im on it right now and seriously you just breached like 30 different opsec protocals right now. anyways yea all i can say is that we are slated to visit two more countries. im not gonna say which ones but yea we are going there. im with the harrier det off of the essex

FrankNunez1986
03-26-09, 05:16 AM
OPSEC lol

Anyway anyday now for PVT and PFC's select grades should be showing.

:/

FrankNunez1986
03-26-09, 03:24 PM
oh man, what the heck? MOL is soooo slow, still no updates

Old Marine
03-26-09, 04:57 PM
These days it sounds like they pass out rank at the chow hall with the SOS.

Pete0331
03-26-09, 05:26 PM
These days it sounds like they pass out rank at the chow hall with the SOS.

Certain MOS's........

Petz
03-27-09, 12:30 AM
um, all of them when you're a junior Marine.....

then it's more selective with rank being handed out per your MOS...

Old Marine
03-27-09, 09:37 AM
I can remember that I was a Buck Sgt., Acting Sgt., Sgt. E-5. From Buck Sgt. to Sgt. E-5 it took 10 years. You didn't see Sgt's without hashmarks then. There were even pvts with hash marks.