PDA

View Full Version : Changing MOS while at SOI..possible?

DevilDogUSMC
03-24-09, 02:49 AM
Im currently at ITB..I dont want to be 0300..is it possible to change my MOS while at SOI?

PaidinBlood
03-24-09, 05:01 AM
Im currently at ITB..I dont want to be 0300..is it possible to change my MOS while at SOI?

SITFU and Lat Move later. Seriously-did you think it would be fun all the time? I have to be nice to poolees but honestly, man up and fulfill the contract you signed. Good luck and Semper Fi.

HurricaneRJ
03-24-09, 05:16 AM
Suck it the **** up. Everyone hates life at SOI. I didn't want to be an 03 Grunt when I first got there. Talk to you NCO's. I'll never forget the talk me and my C.I. Sgt. Clinton had together. Squared my ass away.

If anything else. Become a 0341, they don't ****!!!

SSgt Ramsey
03-24-09, 05:16 AM
I don't think it's possible, unless maybe you had a super high GT score and the Intel MOS' were hurting...other than that, I think you're pretty much committed to the 0300 field.

HurricaneRJ
03-24-09, 05:24 AM
Welcome to the suck!

Pete0331
03-24-09, 05:41 AM

I know where this is going.
It can happen, but most likely it will not.

Talk to your instructors.

Whatever happens, don't go UA, claim to be suicidal, or hurt yourself.
The life gets better.

CplKJSpevak
03-24-09, 05:59 AM
Think of all the Poolees on here who refuse to sign unless they're guaranteed 03XX!!.......Hang in there Marine, things will get better.

Achped
03-24-09, 06:16 AM
Think of all the Poolees on here who refuse to sign unless they're guaranteed 03XX!!.......Hang in there Marine, things will get better.

HAHAHA! SO TRUE!

Think about all the poolees in general who are so motivated to join and then end up going UA.

Devil Dog, things WILL get better. But at first they will only get worse and you will only get hazed and life will suck more and more until you're at you're 3~ year mark then it won't be as bad. Enjoy it! :evilgrin:

Pete0331
03-24-09, 06:33 AM
Every 03 questions what the got themselves into at one point, even if very brief.
I did.
It is not an easy life, but it is rewarding.
Don't quit now when you haven't even tasted the best part of what it means to be a warrior.

JWDevilDog
03-24-09, 07:11 AM
Wow. I know ITB must suck for y'all, but seriously. You are training to be one of the most elite warriors in the world. If I could trade my spot for the 03 field, I would...

DevilDogUSMC
04-07-09, 06:55 PM
Well..my current MOS is Security Forces..but what if I wanted something else like MP or motor transport??

would it be possible??

BR34
04-07-09, 07:05 PM
But at first they will only get worse and you will only get hazed and life will suck more and more until you're at you're 3~ year mark then it won't be as bad. Enjoy it! :evilgrin:
I think you just talked him down from the roof!

Zulu 36
04-07-09, 07:22 PM
Well..my current MOS is Security Forces..but what if I wanted something else like MP or motor transport??

would it be possible??

I started as motor transport and HATED it. But I played the hand I was given until I could move to military police (which was actually a fortunate happenstance that I took advantage of, not an intentional campaign on my part). Never lost the Motor-T primary MOS and had to continually deal with being the unit Motor-T NCO, but I kept slugging.

But, looking back, had I not been in Motor-T, I probably wouldn't have had many of the positive experiences I had in the Marine Corps. Things happen for a reason.

Suck it up and drive on. See where the adventure takes you.

DevilDogUSMC
04-07-09, 07:23 PM
I think you just talked him down from the roof!

Do u think it could happen corporal?

DevilDogUSMC
04-07-09, 07:25 PM
I started as motor transport and HATED it. But I played the hand I was given until I could move to military police (which was actually a fortunate happenstance that I took advantage of, not an intentional campaign on my part). Never lost the Motor-T primary MOS and had to continually deal with being the unit Motor-T NCO, but I kept slugging.

But, looking back, had I not been in Motor-T, I probably wouldn't have had many of the positive experiences I had in the Marine Corps. Things happen for a reason.

Suck it up and drive on. See where the adventure takes you.

So im pretty much stuck with Security forces?

Zulu 36
04-07-09, 07:50 PM
So im pretty much stuck with Security forces?

You signed the contract, same as the rest of us. Live up to your word and see where the adventure takes you.

BR34
04-07-09, 08:15 PM
Do u think it could happen corporal?

No, I don't think there's a chance in hell. I think you already made your bed, now you need to lie in it.

MLMonk
04-07-09, 08:36 PM
SF isn't bad, you sit in a Navy Base guarding nuclear missiles and other secret clearance stuff, hell you might even get picked for FAST Co. My friends going through SF right now and loves it.

I don't know 1 person who actually liked ITB..They ALL said it was gay and at least once thought what the hell they've got themselves into.

Keep the end in mind, don't think of the current place. When you were in bootcamp, and you were getting pitted, did you say "**** this!" and just completely stop and just didn't want to become a Marine? Or you stuck with it and made the 13 weeks of torture. I got 15+ weeks left in Ft Lost in the Woods, I just graduated 3531, I still have 3533/3536 to go, I don't back down on what my contract says I have to be, simply because I did not sign for Motor T.

DevilDogUSMC
04-08-09, 01:54 AM
What if I havent done any training yet and im still in a leagal platoon?
..Yea..I was in reception for 3 days and then I told them I had depression issues and other stuff..so im in a leagal platoon...
is it possible?

Quinbo
04-08-09, 03:02 AM
I recommend you see a chaplain ASAP! <br />
You are rapidly approaching a failure to adapt discharge and will wish you had done things different later on in life. Step up to the plate and get the job...

BR34
04-08-09, 06:17 AM
..Yea..I was in reception for 3 days and then I told them I had depression issues and other stuff..so im in a leagal platoon...
is it possible?

You hear that buzzing sound? That's your respect flying out the window!!!

Here's a question. You signed the 03 contract, yet before you even start training to be an 03 you want out. Why?

KawiGunny
04-08-09, 07:09 AM
is it possible?

Why in the HE11 did you sign to be an 03xx? Quit saying Security Forces because you signed to be a grunt. Depression issues and you want them to give you a gun and be an MP. Dude you have issues alright. Maybe they will just send your wussy a55 home.

retread09
04-09-09, 05:08 PM
I'll take your spot and you can spend a few years in the wing dealing with backstabbing and people getting promoted based on their features

DevilDogUSMC
04-09-09, 05:47 PM
I'll take your spot and you can spend a few years in the wing dealing with backstabbing and people getting promoted based on their features

Sounds good, actually.

retread09
04-09-09, 07:30 PM
ok good luck with that

Qwarkeh
04-09-09, 07:36 PM
So wait, you want to get your MOS changed because you hate SOI? When I was there I didn't get any liberty at all. Since you're on the computer complaining you apparently have all the time in the world to do what you want. The only time I saw people get their crap changed was if they went in under open contract or if they lost their security clearance.

retread09
04-09-09, 07:59 PM
ok, i'll play chaplain here and give you some advice: If depression is your key problem here...and not just that your unhappy like 99% of Marines are at some point or another.....try St johns wort. I've tried it in the past and it works great for mild-moderate depression..and since it's not prescription I'm pretty sure that you'll be o.k. if you keep your mouth shut. Of course, I'm not a doctor, I just play one online, so do some research and make sure you won't pop a **** test. I remember it actually giving me energy. So take 2 SJW, SITFU, and call me in the morning.

DevilDogUSMC
04-11-09, 04:10 AM
Alright..I got my **** together..im motivated again...but I kinda did somethin..stupid.

F*ck...

Pete0331
04-11-09, 04:45 AM
Alright..I got my **** together..im motivated again...but I kinda did somethin..stupid.

F*ck...

Then you don't have it together.
Decide on if you want the Marine life.

Boot Camp is just a stepping stone, it's not the end.

I'm taking bets on what the "something stupid" is....

Menso
04-11-09, 09:28 AM
Devil Dog your an idiot you signed the ****ing contract didnt you? Deal with it! Yes ITB sucks, I hated it but love it at the same time. I graduate on the 17th as an 0341, you hate it at times but all your brothers der help out. So get a can of M-A-N and SITFU

retread09
04-11-09, 10:39 AM
damn, what is there to complain about...you guys get FREAKIN INTERNET ACCESS now!!

DevilDogUSMC
04-12-09, 04:32 AM
u know wut...I'll just come out and say it.
I went UA.

but alot has been goin on in my mind...I want to go back to ITB and just do my training.

Coming back home showed me why I joined the Marines in the first place, civilian life sucks @SS

KawiGunny
04-13-09, 08:22 AM
You are truely a freakin idiot. UA and you haven't been in long enough to have to buy new shower shoes. Report back in and hopefully they will just charge you and send you home to stay. The Corps...

MLMonk
04-13-09, 08:28 AM
I'd like a large fry, double cheese burger and a medium shake.

Better get used to that then, going UA isn't smart, it messes up your career ahead of you, hopefully you still have a chance to change that.

KawiGunny
04-13-09, 09:06 AM
Look at it this way.... Your a Pvt so they can't bust you down.:D

Zulu 36
04-13-09, 09:54 AM
No sh*t. My thoughts exactly, Gunny. Been there, seen that (never done that). <br />
<br />
You think you were miserable in SOI, wait until life really takes a dump on you down the road, and it will. You need...

DarrinC
04-13-09, 10:02 AM
Hey man. Don't give up on 03 yet. My original MOS was security forces, but I fractured my right tibia and stress fractures in my left tibia during boot camp. I fought through the pain(don't know how) and I got to ITB, I tried going through(made it a couple weeks in) and they dropped me(humping on fractures and stress fractures suck haha) and after making me sit in MRP for 4 months trying to heal I got so tired of that place I took a MOS switch just so I can get out of there and get to the fleet. Biggest mistake of my life, I wish I would have stayed the 9 months and become a grunt. You will hate yourself if you give up. Or you can end like me and work your ass off so you can maybe try and indoc into recon. Choice is yours.

BR34
04-13-09, 11:53 AM
I went UA.

but alot has been goin on in my mind...I want to go back to ITB and just do my training.

Coming back home showed me why I joined the Marines in the first place, civilian life sucks @SS

Did you go UA from SOI, or did you never even report to SOI? Were you fu*king sitting at home bitc*ing about SOI all this time?

I think you should get kicked out. The Corps needs to trim the fu*king fat! There's too many good candidates out there that would give anything to be an 03, and they can't because turds like you clog up the fu*king ranks!

Go work at damn Walmart!

Pete0331
04-13-09, 02:35 PM
I went UA.

That was my first guess.
Followed by claiming suicide and then popping for drug use.

Integrity57
04-13-09, 04:46 PM
You are seriously one dumb mother****er, and it seems like you're looking for attention. I hope you find all the attention you need from your Sgts, SSgts, and Gunny when you get back to ITB.

PaidinBlood
04-13-09, 04:50 PM
You are seriously one dumb mother****er, and it seems like you're looking for attention. I hope you find all the attention you need from your Sgts, SSgts, and Gunny when you get back to ITB.

SEMPER FI DOC...thank God for Corpsmen...keep so many Marines alive and sane (as much as possible) plus they're cool to have around on the battlefield, too. :thumbup:

fastback190
04-13-09, 04:56 PM
hey i loved security forces a lot off time

PaidinBlood
04-13-09, 05:01 PM
What a boot I am...:D I'm the kind who's been known to salute a Chief or 2..:scared:

My praise stands and you're still part of the team. Semper Fi :thumbup:

echo3oscar1833
04-13-09, 11:19 PM
Listen good, and listen hard. All of the Marines on here just gave you some good advice, now Im going to give you some of mine. First and foremost, get on the phone, and call your unit, or at least...

DevilDogUSMC
04-14-09, 01:37 AM
Im sorry everyone..I really am. <br />
To be honest I cried when I saw a Marines commercial, I have had ALOT on my mind while I was UA part of me wanted out of the Corps but another part of me was saying...

HurricaneRJ
04-14-09, 03:44 AM
Attention *****, just want someone to be sorry for you.
Know how many times I wanted to just give up on life in general. Suck **** up, yeah things suck, it's suppose to. You haven't been in the fleet and your *****ing about SOI where they can't haze you. Be grateful, you had a chance to learn good knowledge from Combat Vet NCOs and yet you got a little homesick and went UA. Get the **** out, the last thing we need is to have a weak minded individual like you. J