PDA

View Full Version : one qestion about medical info?

Jrod2009
03-23-09, 07:51 PM
As I was reading through many threads, I see all these people who are getting waivers for various things, I'm not sure if i was issued any. Recently I posted a thread explaining how I do not have the sense of smell. Truth be known it really didn't bother me, but about 5 years ago I had surgery to clear out access bone material in my nostril. (doctor thought it would help.) didn't do ****. Just a waist of money, I told my recruiter about my sense and my surgery and he said don't worry about it. I have already been to meps already as well, but it the recruiter said not to worry about it, so i thought nothing of it. I'm just confused about this whole ordeal.

Phantom Blooper
03-23-09, 08:23 PM
This brings your situation to a different light.

You need to tell your recruiter again....take ALL the doctors paperwork from the surgery.....and make sure that it IS documented!

If you get to a MCRD and have the physical and you are not documented for this you can possibly leave the depot for fraudulent enlistment.

It may be more paperwork on the recruiters part and you may have to wait.....but I would rather wait now....than wait while your platoon graduates and you are waiting to go home.:evilgrin:

Jrod2009
03-23-09, 08:29 PM
But is it still acceptable? with paperwork and what not. Exactly where could I get this paperwork because I had the surgery in Ohio.

Phantom Blooper
03-23-09, 08:51 PM
You may need to call the doctor who did the surgery and have them FAX you a Release of Information form.

Fill it out and send it back requesting your medical records......Pre/Post surgery.....and ask them to FAX them ASAP.

Have it faxed to you and hand carry it to the recruiters office.

I would make this happen.....read some posts on this site about poolees not telling....declaring medical/legal and getting sent home from a MCRD and having to wait six months to a year to re-apply.:evilgrin:

Jrod2009
03-23-09, 09:02 PM
Ok , so I get the doctor's number or fax and ask for a release form, what exactly does this release form mean, like what does it stand for. I got 3 months till PI, so I will a have enough time, it's just that my recruiter seems like hes always busy. Its been bout 1 month and Ive only had about 3 good conversations in this time period. So once I get the papers what do I say to the recruiter will he be upset what not?

Phantom Blooper
03-23-09, 09:06 PM
You are just giving permission for the doctor to send your personal medical information.

It is your life..... not your recruiters...he is already in the Marine Corps.:evilgrin:

Jrod2009
03-23-09, 09:10 PM
Alright I appreciate all your help, one last question before I hit the bed. When I asked will it still be acceptable? I may have read it wrong, but you told me exactly what to do for the medical records and the release form but I wasn't sure if you meant that it was acceptable just need to get it faxed.

Phantom Blooper
03-23-09, 09:23 PM
Thats up to the doctor....they may prefer to mail....for confidential reasons.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
03-24-09, 07:26 AM
If I am reading this right....I would venture to say it is not acceptable now. <br />
<br />
I don't think if you and your recruiter do anything about it....it will not be acceptable....once you are on the...

NoRemorse
03-24-09, 07:40 AM
If you want your records do exactly as the SSGT told you. Call the doctor's office, request a release of medical records form. You'll detail this form as much as possible when you receive that fax....

Marine84
03-24-09, 10:26 AM
As I was reading through many threads, I see all these people who are getting waivers for various things, I'm not sure if i was issued any. Recently I posted a thread explaining how I do not have the sense of smell. Truth be known it really didn't bother me, but about 5 years ago I had surgery to clear out access bone material in my nostril. (doctor thought it would help.) didn't do ****. Just a waist of money, I told my recruiter about my sense and my surgery and he said don't worry about it. I have already been to meps already as well, but it the recruiter said not to worry about it, so i thought nothing of it. I'm just confused about this whole ordeal.

Did you think you would get a different answer by starting another thread about the SAME thing???????

Jrod2009
03-24-09, 02:26 PM
No this question was different. The first question was about smelling in general, the second question was bout the surgery and thought nothing of it, until I viewed many threads on waivers.