PDA

View Full Version : Need a little insight..

NjL86
03-23-09, 10:52 AM
Hello everyone,
First off i want to say thanks to all you Marines for all your hard work and fighting for our country. Im planning on joining as soon as possible(just waiting to loose the weight). This forum has helped me a lot and have given me a lot of info. I just have a couple of things that that maybe some of you can help me with and gvive me some tips. I guess i should give you a little info on myself first. I've always wanted to join the military, Marines specifically(army is too soft from what im told). I've always been into the out doors and hunting and I'm pretty good with guns. I'm 22 now and have been working in a office since I've been 18 and hate it. Although I make very good money thats not really important to me and I want to get away from the 9 to 5 life. Anywys i have to lose about 50 pounds before I can qualify, which I know I can do because i have before. I'm planing on going for a 03xx MOS so I know its very physically demanding to have that MOS. I wanted to know if there is any specific workouts I should do to get in the proper condition for Boot Camp/03xx. I also wanted to hear from a few Marines that have experience in that field. Just wanted to know what its like and what to expect and if anyone has and complaints. Im not a picky person and dont mind sleeping in the dirt and eating MRE's. Basically I just want to know what the recruiters dont tell you. I have friends that are in the Army doing computers and mechanics so they cant really give me much insight, so this forum is my only hope.. lol.. I'm planning on this being life changing for me and going career with it. I want to give back to my country for everything it has given to me and my family. So anyone that can throw some info at me or any tips would be great. I hope I didnt make this too long, sorry if I did. I hope i filled out my profile right and all that, I see a lot of people getting yelled at for it lol.

NoRemorse
03-23-09, 10:54 AM
I read some of your post. Use paragraphs, I skimmed it because I couldn't bring myself to read a massive block of text.

Use the search feature, there are multiple threads regarding PT, the PT schedule, how to get in shape, how to improve your PFT, how to improve your IST, how to cut weight, etc... ad nauseum.

NjL86
03-23-09, 11:04 AM
Yea sorry about the one huge paragraph.. Guess i got a little caried away lol.. I'll search the PT. Thanks. I'm Mostly trying to hear from some 03xx Marines just to get an insight of what its like. I've done a lot of research and know most of the technical stuff and have been studying for the ASVAB. Just wanted to know about the day to day.. Thanks.

NoRemorse
03-23-09, 12:14 PM
Yea sorry about the one huge paragraph.. Guess i got a little caried away lol.. I'll search the PT. Thanks. I'm Mostly trying to hear from some 03xx Marines just to get an insight of what its like. I've done a lot of research and know most of the technical stuff and have been studying for the ASVAB. Just wanted to know about the day to day.. Thanks.

That's harder to search for since it's not really in a centralized thread. I'd suggest you take some time out and read through what you can so you'll get more of an idea... sort of like looking at the big picture. You'll be able to get enough bits and pieces to get a general idea but to really get the gist of you'd have to be there.