PDA

View Full Version : Stupid repair service...

Sparrowhawk
07-01-03, 04:55 PM
Don't you just hate it when the service agreement you call about is handled by machines?

Stupid Sears repair service is supposed to be out tomorrow to finish repairing a stovetop that is still under warranty.

Now, they have been out three times and while I am not a repair service agent nor I have ever worked on a stove I could tell the repair servicemen wasn't ordering the right part.

I mean I saw the picture of the item he was ordering and it didn't look the same, as what needed to be replaced. He’s done this twice now.

Anyways now, the answering service tells me he is scheduled to come tomorrow, however the lady called and said he wasn't going to come because they couldn't verify I had received the parts ordered.

But I have the parts here, but when I call all the recording will tell him is scheduled and there is no one to talk to.

I give up, figured I'll take the wife out to dinner, make copies of the receipt, change the dates, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner and send them a bill for having to eat out for these three weeks and when they call I'll let the machine pick up their call.

http://www.sears.com/images/navigation/full_view.jpg

Devildogg4ever
07-01-03, 06:56 PM
:D Go for it!! :D

btrogu
07-01-03, 08:05 PM
Watch out for Home Depot also. They have really screwed up two of my last orders.

airframesguru
07-02-03, 06:37 AM
Short term solution:

Aquire flame thrower (old school type)

1. Cook wife a nice crispy varment from back yard
2. Toast Sears van when it finnaly arrives.

S/F

Barndog
07-02-03, 11:26 AM
Gee.. www.customhandyman.com (my website 'still under constuction' - according to the wife LOL)

This kind of explains why I don't rely upon Sears, Home Depot, Menards or Lowes for anything - beyond the drywall or usually everyday item. Why? Chances are it's substandard - or else it will be screwed up.
I have just about built my business around explaining to people the reasons why NOT to utilize these company services. Poor training, poor follow-up and poor utilization of company policy.

The Home Depot on my side of town - is ran by a Marine. He has explained the details of why he wants companies like mine to install their products, and refurbish the installation system they have established - to institute some integrity and trust back into their company name.

I'm going to give it a shot. I think 2 Marines and a couple Squids can do wonders.

Barrio_rat
07-02-03, 02:18 PM
A couple of Marines and some Squids.... To make 'em all feel at home, I suppose the Marines will be workin while the Squids are providing transportation?

;)

Barndog - that sounds like a square deal - if it all works out, perhaps your buddy at the Home Depot can get that type of system implemented nation wide, it would probably help the Home Depot as well as many companies like yours.

MarineAO
07-02-03, 03:11 PM
Was watching a show on TV last Sunday the guest was one of the founders of Home Depot and now VP. He stated that they (Home Depot) recognized the problem (poor service and product knowledge) developing in their industry and decided to look at the model of the US Military training system. They went out and hired former military officers and senior NCO's to develop their training programs and to implement them.

Devildogg4ever
07-02-03, 05:23 PM
Short term solution:

Aquire flame thrower (old school type)

1. Cook wife a nice crispy varment from back yard
2. Toast Sears van when it finnaly arrives.

He, he, he, good one! :D

badbob
07-03-03, 10:28 AM
I had Sears out to my place on a new fridge that crapped out in the middle of the night.

The first guy condemned the fridge to the bone yard and it took Sears 3 more days to come out with the replacement

These delivery guys looked like the three stooges minus Curley,

I have two openings to my kitchen, they couldn’t get the old fridge out either one of them, spent almost an hour trying, before they took both doors off.

Funny, they didn’t have to take the doors off when they delivered the first one.

When they brought in the replacement, their screw gun ran out of battery and they had to borrow a screw driver from me.

This was a 0800 service call, they offered to buy my screw driver, but I wasn't in a selling mood, I guess they took the rest of the day off.

LONEEAGLE
07-08-03, 10:40 AM
I know how ya'll feel. I have a side by side freezer/frig, dishwasher needing repairs. Called supposed good co. for this and they came out, need to order parts, will be back by the next wed. That's been three weeks ago. When I call, they just say, we'll get to you.....drives me crazy.....I have to keep the door on the frig closed with a strap.....Funny/crazy world. Big Eagle