PDA

View Full Version : Becoming an Officer

markreeves86
03-21-09, 06:23 PM
Hello,

I will be graduating from college in a year, and I'm just looking for some general information on becoming an officer.

1) I do not plan on making the Marines into a career. My plan is to join for several years and then pursue something new. With that said, do most perspective officers generally plan on serving for as least ten to fifteen years? Would it be suggested that I instead just enlist if I only want to serve for a maximum of six to eight years?

2) Is the basic training for perspective officers essentially the same as it is for those that enlist? Is it harder? Is it easier?

3) I'm also very interested in the aviation branch of the Marines. Does anyone have any information about becoming a pilot? What does it take to become one? How much training does it take?

Thank you for your responses.

Mark

TTX
03-21-09, 07:21 PM
www.marineocs.com (http://www.marineocs.com) is probably the best place to post your questions about becoming Marine Officer. Or you can go talk to the OSO (Officer Selection Office) near you.

I know it is very competitive and your GPA and PFT score got to be high. No tattoos waiver in according to the new policy, and much more.