PDA

View Full Version : It’s a book, but…

TooTallTom
03-20-09, 08:41 PM
Good Evening, Marines, <br />
<br />
I am posting this to try to get a rough sense for what the likelihood of me getting back into the Marines would be, assuming my bones check out. It is kind of a book, and...

Phantom Blooper
03-20-09, 09:02 PM
Join the army if you are wanting to serve your country and for your other personal reasons.Serving your country in any branch is honorable.And with your medical problems the army may not waiver you.

Are you on any medication....Fosomax...calcium?

You may need to spend your own $$$$$ for a bone density test to support your claim.

The Marine Corps still won't take you and by the time you have your host of waivers approved or disapproved....you would probally run over the age requirement.....just think if you were a dog you would be dead.

Good luck....however I think you are pizzing up a rope for any branch of service.....but hell a few poolees on this site proved me wrong for waivers.

Talk to a recruiter....and go from there....all you have to do is walk in and out four or five doors.:evilgrin:

SGT7477
03-20-09, 09:57 PM
The way it looks you are not asking too much, Lance Cpl, Recon, Sniper, Pilot without earning our title, the SgtMajor of the Marine Corps is my buddy I'll see what I can do, can you **** up a rope?

TooTallTom
03-20-09, 10:20 PM
SSgt,

I don't take any prescribed drugs, and haven't for about three years (I don't remember the exact timeline, but I know it is more than the two years required for enlistment.) but I do take a product called ProBono. ProBono is a supplement with calcium, Vitamin D, Strontium and some other things. I started with Fosamax, but quit when I read a study from (I think) Harvard Medical School that basically said that people were having trouble with their jaw bones dying after dental surgery. It was pretty rare, but I guess I'd rather not risk it. I guess Fosamax doesn't help the body to make the best bone. ProBono, which I am on now, is actually increasing my bone density at about the same rate or faster than the Fosamax was. I have been on ProBono for about three years now.

Sgt,

I haven't ever actually ****** up a rope before, but I am sure I can work something out if that would help. It's probably going to get messy, though.

Seriously though, I would love to be in as Combat Photographer/ Combat Videographer or Combat Correspondant (though I wouldn't want to be on T.V.). But ultimately, I would do whatever MOS the Corps would be willing to let me at.

Thank you for the replies, gentlemen.

Tom.

Phantom Blooper
03-21-09, 08:16 AM
You will have to declare the supplements that you take...you may not need a waiver for them...but they must be declared.

Also remember if you are taking a supplement...you may still have issues because regardless of what branch....you will not have your supplements in boot camp or basic training. :evilgrin:

Old Marine
03-21-09, 09:48 AM
WOW, The Marine Corps now has the Stelth Bomber. (Has to be a used one from the Air Force)

TooTallTom
03-21-09, 10:13 AM
GySgt,

I am not a good source, because it was super-secret-squirrel stuff. But I heard that USMC got a few B-2's from the Air Force Mil-Surp down the road.

Seriously, though, I would do pretty much anything that I could get in doing. If I hate whatever MOS that happens to be, there is always at least a chance at a lat move.

SSgt,

Thanks for the information regarding declaring supplements. I knew I wouldn't have them in Recruit Training, but I didn't realized that I'd need to declare them. Which is why I am here picking Marines' minds.

Also, I will definitely be paying cash for bone density tests. My cousin's fiancee works at the place where I have had them done in the past. She said that they get somwhere between $200 and $300 dollars if you pay cash for them.

Phantom Blooper
03-23-09, 08:37 PM
regarding declaring supplements

You need to declare ALL supplements and OTC medications.Not necessarily waivered..but documented.

Any medical history past and present must be documented.

It may seem trivial or a pain to get this information and have it documented or waived...but in the long run it would be for the better...on your part.

:evilgrin:

MT3533
03-24-09, 08:34 AM
"P.S. If I do get in, I want to be guaranteed Lance Corporal with a 007-Commandant-Sniper-Recon-Pilot contract. I want to go to jump school and fly the Stealth Bombers. And captain a ship. ‘Cause that would be sweet as hell."

Sounds like you have a sense of humor about yourself, good luck with everything. With stuff like this, you can't get yourself down over things, keep working at it.

NoRemorse
03-24-09, 08:47 AM
$200-300? Holy crap. We charge over $700 for this 5 minute exam. <br />
<br />
Good deal; looks like you're doing what you have to. Good moto, good follow through... secret squirrel. <br />
<br />
Semper Rambo <br />