PDA

View Full Version : Drivers license in corp?

lias4us
03-20-09, 08:00 AM
I was told by some one that if you do not have your license then you automatically get it after completion of recruit training. Is this true ?

Maldonado 2060
03-20-09, 08:08 AM
LOL.............NO. You would have to do that on your free time. I got a license for a humvee and 7 ton one year before I got my actual drivers license from the local DMV

0231Marine
03-20-09, 08:24 AM
It's Corps with an S!

immaproshooter
03-20-09, 09:30 AM
no during boot camp you take a drivers safety course......NOT DRIVERS ED...you get a certificate from it and i believe have to retake it every year, or at least a lil test for it online

Covey_Rider
03-20-09, 09:37 AM
Nope, you got bad information. That's something you have to go and do on your free time. And you still have to go through the same process as everyone else.

Wyoming
03-20-09, 11:29 AM
I was told by some one that if you do not have your license then you automatically get it after completion of recruit training. Is this true ?

Check again, but I think iffen you were to get your license before going in the 'corp', upon completion of boot, you would still have it.

Tallboot
03-20-09, 12:47 PM
Negative

awbrown1462
03-20-09, 12:51 PM
you sooooo funny GI

TexasDvlDog
03-20-09, 12:55 PM
no during boot camp you take a drivers safety course......NOT DRIVERS ED...you get a certificate from it and i believe have to retake it every year, or at least a lil test for it online

A driver's safety course in Boot Camp?? Oh man things have changed since 1984. :!:

immaproshooter
03-20-09, 01:46 PM
its jsut a class where they get you in the room and you watch stupid stuff....and then they had some recruits put on drunk gogles and drive around tricycles that was preetty damn funny.....and then to tease us they put in fast and the furious tokoyo drift and cut it off after a lil bit into it when we were enjoying it and they ent to the party and showed allthe women they let the women stay on screen for abotu 30 seconds then shut it off to **** us off

TTX
03-20-09, 07:44 PM

No way! Bump information.

Pete0331
03-20-09, 08:02 PM
its jsut a class where they get you in the room and you watch stupid stuff....and then they had some recruits put on drunk gogles and drive around tricycles that was preetty damn funny.....and then to tease us they put in fast and the furious tokoyo drift and cut it off after a lil bit into it when we were enjoying it and they ent to the party and showed allthe women they let the women stay on screen for abotu 30 seconds then shut it off to **** us off

I assume this, if true, is replacing the Drivers Improvement Course.

What a waste of time for both Drill Instructors and Recruits.

It would make more sense to make it mandatory weekend class for ITB/MCT students.

commdog7
03-20-09, 11:33 PM
I never recall a drivers safety course in boot camp.... sounds stupid.

The Drivers' Improvement Course rings a bell, but I can't remember where I took that or what I did for that.... damn, I'm getting old, I can't remember a thing!

Tallboot
03-21-09, 09:29 AM
There is a DIC (drivers improvement course) in bootcamp, its about safe driving and not drinking while driving. Its about 4 hours long, If you still need your license i recommend getting it before you join, your not gunna have time otherwise.

immaproshooter
03-21-09, 09:59 AM
it might have been called DIC....i honestly dont rememebr the name, but thats what we did in it

Pete0331
03-21-09, 01:34 PM
If you still need your license i recommend getting it before you join, your not gunna have time otherwise.

Not true, there is plenty of time for it if you manage your time wisely and don't mind from which state you get your license.

commdog7
03-21-09, 02:34 PM
Now my memory is all messed up. I don't remember any Drivers Improvement Course in boot.

Anyone on here that went to boot camp in 2005 or earlier remember taking that course? Either it is a new thing or I just have a really bad memory.

GSEMarine94
03-21-09, 02:52 PM
Now my memory is all messed up. I don't remember any Drivers Improvement Course in boot.

Anyone on here that went to boot camp in 2005 or earlier remember taking that course? Either it is a new thing or I just have a really bad memory.

Can't help you Commdog, I went to boot in 94 and don't remember any kind of driving courses.

Pete0331
03-21-09, 03:15 PM

New thing, it used to be mandatory when you reached the Fleet.

commdog7
03-21-09, 03:51 PM
Thanks. For a minute there, I thought I had some form of Alzheimer's disease. Apparently it is a new thing, I don't like the idea of them doing it in boot camp... it just doesn't fit right between drill and warrior training.

Quinbo
03-21-09, 03:55 PM
If memory serves drivers improvement was initiated in 1990 in the fleet. If you were under the age of 25 it was mandatory regardless of rank and all newbies had to take it as soon as they hit the fleet. You couldn't get a base decal without it.