PDA

View Full Version : Is my case a problem when going to bootcamp

Jrod2009
03-18-09, 08:48 PM
I just finished meps this weekend, and i told my recruiter i couldn't smell but he said dont worry about it, as i was looking through the medical sheets at the recruiter office and at meps, it said nothing bout smelling, it mentioned in great description about vision, hearing and breathing like asthma and many other complications but nothing about smelling. i passed meps with flying colors and was sworn in., i have been an educated kid through school, the drugs and police records i had no problem with, had no problem with the law, perfectly healthy, but do i have anything to worry about this smelling?

Phantom Blooper
03-18-09, 08:57 PM
It smells to me......

Tell your recruiter that you want to be sure that a waiver is not needed.

You need ALL your senses in war....even if some are corrected....so I would be sure.

Honesty is best policy!

Although a loss of smell could have its benefits in boot camp,close quarters and barracks life......you still need all your senses!:evilgrin:

Jrod2009
03-18-09, 09:08 PM
seriously i have been told that many times. Like restrooms always got picked for duty cleaning at job, so unfair wouldnt ask a blind guy that lol. Appreciate that though

Marine84
03-18-09, 09:13 PM
Although a loss of smell could have its benefits in boot camp,close quarters and barracks life......you still need all your senses!:evilgrin:

DAMN! Beat me to it. Consider yourself blessed to the third power if you got no sense of smell in the barracks - WHEW!

Tallboot
03-18-09, 09:15 PM
Dont worry about it.

SGT7477
03-18-09, 09:20 PM
I just finished meps this weekend, and i told my recruiter i couldn't smell but he said dont worry about it, as i was looking through the medical sheets at the recruiter office and at meps, it said nothing bout smelling, it mentioned in great description about vision, hearing and breathing like asthma and many other complications but nothing about smelling. i passed meps with flying colors and was sworn in., i have been an educated kid through school, the drugs and police records i had no problem with, had no problem with the law, perfectly healthy, but do i have anything to worry about this smelling?
So you don't know what chit smells like,lol, my brother lost his sense of smell in a motorcycle accident and they say when you lose one sense it makes another one stronger, hell you probably won't need binoculars.:D

Marine726
03-21-09, 09:14 PM
Although a loss of smell could have its benefits in boot camp,close quarters and barracks life.

SSGT Don't forget the confidence chamber also...

Pete0331
03-21-09, 09:20 PM
SSGT Don't forget the confidence chamber also...

It won't make much of a difference.
CS irritates the mucous membranes.
Its not like a fart in a sleeping bag.

Marine726
03-21-09, 09:31 PM
It won't make much of a difference.
CS irritates the mucous membranes.
Its not like a fart in a sleeping bag.

Roger that CPL.