PDA

View Full Version : What does CEP stand for?

markjohn
03-18-09, 05:45 PM
Im reading my statement of understanding for my job and section 14 states CEP ONLY:Cep applicants will be appointed to the grade of private first class upon commencement of active duty....etc. what is CEP?

Marine84
03-18-09, 09:29 PM
OH MY GOD! Congratulations, you are the grand prize winner of my undieing affection. Marines, we have a newbie here that is actually asking a question none of us have ever seen here before!

He has MAJOR cool points because it looks like he actually READ the rules and regs for the site and he has filled out his profile and hasn't asked the same freakin' question that every other wannabe Ricky Recon has come in the door asking about!

I have no clue what CEP is but it sounds like whatever it is, it gets promoted to PFC coming out of boot camp? Thank you for choosing the Corps and I hope you have a great time during your "spring break" (boot camp).

Tallboot
03-18-09, 10:03 PM
Contract blah blah promotion.

immaproshooter
03-19-09, 02:03 AM
Career Exploration Program

its another term for the ASVAB

markjohn
03-19-09, 10:06 PM
thank you for the replies....and yes im pretty good at following directions :)

yanacek
03-20-09, 04:53 AM
Career Exploration Program

its another term for the ASVAB

Career Exploration Program? Where did you come up with that? I've never heard of it.

I believe in this case CEP stands for "College Enlistment Program." The details of the CEP were/are contained in MCO 1130.60_ and provided for the appointment to the grade of Private First Class upon commencement of active duty. The CEP is/was similar to the Quality Enlistment Program (QEP), however applicants enlisting for the CEP were required to have completed a certain number of post-secondary credits.

immaproshooter
03-20-09, 07:15 AM
lol dont ask me ask *************, it was talkin bout the asvab and JROTC and all

echo3oscar1833
03-20-09, 10:02 AM
Career Exploration Program? Where did you come up with that? I've never heard of it.

I believe in this case CEP stands for "College Enlistment Program." The details of the CEP were/are contained in MCO 1130.60_ and provided for the appointment to the grade of Private First Class upon commencement of active duty. The CEP is/was similar to the Quality Enlistment Program (QEP), however applicants enlisting for the CEP were required to have completed a certain number of post-secondary credits.

I would go with what Top just said here. My response would have been uhhhhh I dunno :marine:

immaproshooter
03-20-09, 10:06 AM
it was on mi li ta ry do tc om ....but oh well....lol we all f up

silverdollar
03-21-09, 10:31 AM
I am glad that in my time in the Corps we spoke english.:marine: