Marine arrested in Operation Shark Attack <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
March 18, 2009 - 5:18 PM <br />
SUZANNE ULBRICH <br />
<br />
&lt;!-- Video goes here --&gt;SURF CITY - A Camp Lejeune Marine was arrested Tuesday and charged with Level...

hempstead56
03-18-09, 05:57 PM
I remember in MRP Marines would steal other Marines Meds. I had my meds stolen once. I was pretty ****ed off.

SSgt Ramsey
03-18-09, 06:28 PM
I must admit I'm saddened that this was perpertrated by a Marine (kinda ashamed in a weird way also) , but I'm not sad that he was caught and going to be prosecuted for conspiracy and hopefully other...

HurricaneRJ
03-19-09, 02:05 AM
Reading this brought me back 2 months ago, when I was almost put in the brig when MP, CID, and NCIS came and searched my room and found drugs in my roommates locker. They charged all three of us...

Pete0331
03-19-09, 03:47 AM
So I'm over here waiting to get knocked down or maybe even a court martial. Ever since that happened, I've been getting so much **** from everyone in my chain of command and to make it worse I got senior Marines ****ting on my dick constantly. Not mention that I'm labeled the ***** who cried hazing.

Hire a lawyer that knows the military law system to advise you of your options. And let your command know if you do.

Back to the main topic.
Good on em' for nailing this turd.
Public degradation ceremonies need to be brought back.

More people in the USMC use drugs than you might think.
The smart ones know how to beat the tests.

echo3oscar1833
03-20-09, 05:27 PM
Fill me in on the gaps here what exactly happened. Not saying anything bad, or accusing you of anything. Just seems to me there might be alot missing here.

FrankNunez1986
03-22-09, 03:50 PM
Hire a lawyer that knows the military law system to advise you of your options. And let your command know if you do.

Back to the main topic.
Good on em' for nailing this turd.
Public degradation ceremonies need to be brought back.

More people in the USMC use drugs than you might think.
The smart ones know how to beat the tests.

I hate hearing stories of Marines like this.
My Bn does public NJP's for Drugs/Alcohol Incidents

Yeah, you're right there is more people doing drugs than most think,
but how can you say the smart ones know how to beat the test,
They are not smart, they're dumb for letting the rest of the platoon, or Marines down.

Drugs are lame :|

Pete0331
03-22-09, 04:08 PM
I hate hearing stories of Marines like this.
My Bn does public NJP's for Drugs/Alcohol Incidents

Yeah, you're right there is more people doing drugs than most think,
but how can you say the smart ones know how to beat the test,
They are not smart, they're dumb for letting the rest of the platoon, or Marines down.

Drugs are lame :|

"Smart" may have been bad terminology.
They know how to exist in the system without being caught.

FrankNunez1986
03-22-09, 04:40 PM
agreed

Achped
03-23-09, 06:55 AM
Again...crazy stuff in Camp Lejeune! Too many ladies and martinis in Hawaii to get all worked up on drugs. We're high on life ;)

SSgt Ramsey
03-23-09, 07:09 AM
It's not just Camp Lejeune bro...it's all over.

I can't tell you how many times as a Sgt I had to read Marine's their rights after popping on a urinalysis, and you know what, I have absolutely NO sympathy for these dirt bags calling themselves Marine's!

It's not just illegal drugs...diuretics, "legal" speed or diet pills, "huffing" aerosol cans...the list goes on.

Personally, as a former Heavy Equipment Operator, I didn't want these people anywhere near me...way too much can go wrong in a heartbeat and possibly severely injure or kill somebody.

In Okinawa, some MT Marine's (I use the term loosley) from H&S Bn III MEF (formerly 3rd SRIG) had a huffing problem. It was all fun and games and Reindeer Games until a female Marine named LCpl Beverly McClain died in her barracks room (or shortly thereafter) when on a weekend her and some friends were huffing the propellant from Glade air-freshner and it froze her lungs. Yeah, really cool Marine's. She died shortly before Christmas, and I often wondered how the Bn Col, Col C M Herdering, started his letter to her parents: "Your daughter died as the result of being stupid"....I'm sure it was much more eloquent than that, but that's basically it...she died doing something extremely stupid. Dead, gone, do not pass go...all for a quick high.

david43844
03-23-09, 01:33 PM
It's a darn shame how things are with our young Marines now adays. Back in the mid 60's at Camp Lejeune the worst thing some Marines did was get busted for making Moonshine out side of Sneads Ferry. Was good stuff too!!!!

Achped
03-25-09, 06:39 AM
It's not just Camp Lejeune bro...it's all over.

I can't tell you how many times as a Sgt I had to read Marine's their rights after popping on a urinalysis, and you know what, I have absolutely NO sympathy for these dirt bags calling themselves Marine's!

It's not just illegal drugs...diuretics, "legal" speed or diet pills, "huffing" aerosol cans...the list goes on.

Personally, as a former Heavy Equipment Operator, I didn't want these people anywhere near me...way too much can go wrong in a heartbeat and possibly severely injure or kill somebody.

In Okinawa, some MT Marine's (I use the term loosley) from H&S Bn III MEF (formerly 3rd SRIG) had a huffing problem. It was all fun and games and Reindeer Games until a female Marine named LCpl Beverly McClain died in her barracks room (or shortly thereafter) when on a weekend her and some friends were huffing the propellant from Glade air-freshner and it froze her lungs. Yeah, really cool Marine's. She died shortly before Christmas, and I often wondered how the Bn Col, Col C M Herdering, started his letter to her parents: "Your daughter died as the result of being stupid"....I'm sure it was much more eloquent than that, but that's basically it...she died doing something extremely stupid. Dead, gone, do not pass go...all for a quick high.

Ironic that you mention the huffing, when I got to my unit the person they had me room with was a 3 year Pvt, because he'd been caught huffing. Luckily they sent him packing a few months later. I'm in complete agreement with you about how stupid it can be. I just don't get why Marines do it. I mean I know why they do it, boredom, but especially knowing the consequences. Even out here in Iraq we had a few Marines get sent home because they took ecstasy right before we got on the plane. What idiots.

mcvet57103
03-25-09, 07:25 AM
Drug abuse has been a problem in the Corps for longer than most realize. Alcohol, Hash, Marijuana, coke, blotter acid, and speed to name a few were prevailant when I was in. And I saw Pvt all the way up to SSgts smoke weed. Yes I am guilty. I smoked a little weed. Never before, or during duty times, and never in public, or around children. And not regularly. Quit completely when I realized how I was risking my reputation, job, and family. That's been almost 30 years ago. Doc, Redman1, and all the Nam vets know what I'm talking about. If you didn't see it during that era, you walked around with your eyes shut. Not condoning it, just saying that to be shocked that a Marine was busted for it. WOW!!! Big whoopy do. He isn't the first, and won't be the last. Not sure how mentioning he is a Marine (libtard Media again) is relavent. Now if the CMC issued a statement saying, yes he was a Marine, drugs are a problem everywhere, and we are striving to irradicate them from the Corps, that would help the public image of the Corps. SF

mcvet57103
03-25-09, 07:33 AM
It's a darn shame how things are with our young Marines now adays. Back in the mid 60's at Camp Lejeune the worst thing some Marines did was get busted for making Moonshine out side of Sneads Ferry. Was good stuff too!!!!No offence but when you were at Lejeune you must have been living in a bubble. The early 60s to middle 70s was the time of Peace rallys, woodstock, free love, and drugs everywhere. SF