PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence; life and tests.

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 01:56 PM
I'm trying to get Intelligence and would like to know more about it. I have been doing Google searches on anything and everything that I can think of but not getting to the correct information. I would like to know about the tests that I would have to take and pass to get intelligence. I know that on the ASVAB I would have to score a 90 or higher, i took a practice one and got a 98. what else is there to do or know about?? I also have been hearing something about the DLAB and was wondering if that is a requirement? I am studying German so I know that that would help. For the DLAB is there any kind of book (like the ASVAB) that would prepare me for such a test?
Also, where is 0231 MOS school located? I heard it's in Virginia, and how long is it for?

Thank you for all your help!

SSgt Ramsey
03-17-09, 02:45 PM
You can't go by the AFQT score, you go by the raw GT score, and sometimes broken down further by the individual topics i.e. CL, EL, MM, and one more that escapes me...

If you have a 98 AFQT, your raw GT score is MUCH higher...my AFQT was only an 88 and I have a 130 GT...sumpin's wrong there, I think you're reading your GT score.

I wanna say the GT score for the Intel MOS' was 110 and above, but it's been a while since I have done a reenlistment/Latmove package lol...but I don't think I'm too far off.

KawiGunny
03-17-09, 03:25 PM
Hey there slim....why don't you take the time and use your intelligence and read the site rules. When you are done with that, fill out your profile. Afterwards you can do a search of the site and find a lot of info that has been tossed around concerning the Intel field over the last several weeks.

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 06:09 PM
hey there KawiGunny... why don't you get your head out of your butt and realize that everyone is not as perfect as you! Maybe if you actually help someone in a nice way you would get further in life then just as a Gunny.... hmm....

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 06:30 PM
oh and for your further knowledge... i was in the Marine Corps.... i got a med discharge because I tore all the ligaments in my knee, so do not talk down to me and treat me with such disrespect and...

0231Marine
03-17-09, 06:38 PM
Hey Erin,

How about you shut your damn mouth and stop making an ass out of yourself. Since you claim to have been a Marine, you should know a little something about respect. How about you display some of that instead of being so ignorant. Guess you didn't think to use the search function on this webpage and find the friggin essay I wrote about the 0231 MOS.

And go ahead and make some witty remark to display how stupid you are.

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 06:42 PM
it's called earning respect corporal

0231Marine
03-17-09, 06:44 PM
Guess what? It's called he earned that respect the moment he earned his Eagle Globe and Anchor. You have yet to earn that to my knowledge and have done nothing to display it here.

Did you even graduate bootcamp?

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 06:46 PM
why don't you read the above. I was in the Marine Corps. Got honorable Med discharge. So yea I did earn it

Gunner 0313
03-17-09, 06:48 PM
it's called earning respect corporal

:flag: FLY AWAY

SHI TBIRD !!!! FLY AWAY !!!

0231Marine
03-17-09, 06:49 PM
Well excuse me. What did you make it to, PFC? Boy are you salty! Guess that just excuses you from following the rules on this site huh? Some of these people consider being in bootcamp as being in the Marine Corps so maybe you should specify next time.

Here, since you can't seem to find the search function... http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77236

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 06:51 PM
actually i did read the rules a min ago and i believe it says something about not using fowl language. And actually I was a Sergeant in the Marine Corps. but it's none of your business otherwise.

0231Marine
03-17-09, 06:52 PM
Uh huh, right.

I was the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps for a while too!

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 06:56 PM
yea i think were done. You need to read a section on harassment, i came here to ask a simple question and I get bombarded by "Marines" that just want to challenge me instead of just point me in the right direction. Didn't the Marines teach us better than that? but what ever. End of conversation we are done here. I'm being a bigger person and putting an end to this madness because I would never want my son to act anything like we (adults) are now acting.
But thank you SSgt Ramsey for helping me out. I will find my information else where.

0231Marine
03-17-09, 06:59 PM
Harrasment? For what? Anyways, read the frigging link I gave you because it has all the info you wanted. And don't give me the, "I'm being the bigger person." when all you had to do was follow the rules of the site and all of this would have been avoided.

Regardless, have a great night!

Gunner 0313
03-17-09, 06:59 PM
:flag: And I was the Commandant !!! LMFAO !!! Carry out the plan of the day !!!

usmcslim71107
03-17-09, 07:00 PM
Thank you, i hope you have a wonderful night as well! =)

PaidinBlood
03-17-09, 07:50 PM
actually i did read the rules a min ago and i believe it says something about not using fowl language. And actually I was a Sergeant in the Marine Corps. but it's none of your business otherwise.

fowl language? Who's talking about birds here? Was it when they called you a SHI TBIRD? :D

03-17-09, 09:39 PM
hey there KawiGunny... why don't you get your head out of your butt and realize that everyone is not as perfect as you! Maybe if you actually help someone in a nice way you would get further in life then just as a Gunny.... hmm....

Oh, s h i t! Not another one!? Where are these douchebags coming from???

PaidinBlood
03-17-09, 10:13 PM
No it's ok because she was "IN" the Marine Corps, remember? Not a Marine, but she was in and she already knows how to be a GUNNY.