PDA

View Full Version : Military Police MOS

trader02
03-16-09, 09:50 PM
I am currently in DEP, going into the reserves, and was assigned Radio Field Operator as my MOS. I want to change that, and am interested in military police. Could anyone with any experience in that field outline what it's all about, and maybe some of the catches they don't tell you about that specific MOS. I am shipping July 27th, and planning on starting college in spring semester. I am also interested in the Martial Arts Program, would I be able to do that/have enough time the following summer?

Fubar5812
03-17-09, 01:54 AM
what do you want too know? it's a very diverse field and you can do anything from working the road,to dog handling,to SWAT stuff to convoy ops in Iraq/afghanistan...specifics would be nice and i'll anwser em to the best of my ability.

trader02
03-17-09, 08:29 AM
Since i plan to attend college in the spring, would i have time to complete the training in time to attend spring semester? Again, I am shipping July 27. What is the agenda after basic, what kind of training do you go through? You said it is a diverse field, am I able to choose between different areas or will I be assigned one?.. i.e dog handler