PDA

View Full Version : Women at Boot Camp

LittleBit
03-16-09, 01:07 PM
Hi, I'm going to PI July 20th, and I haven't really gotten a chance to really get a good talk to any female Marines about boot camp.

I've heard in some cases that female DIs are meaner and I've also heard that the obstacles in some cases are different. Also, what do women do about the "time of the month?" Is there anything else that's different about being in a female training battalion? What should I expect?

Thanks in advance!

Achped
03-16-09, 01:46 PM
Well let me start off by saying my name is Matt and I'll be glad to assist you.

Females in general are meaner. Are you kidding? First, you take a female and make her a Marine. Then you get her to the rank of Sgt or above, THEN you send her to DI school? Oh my God, its a bad day!

The obstacles are just shorter. Thats the only difference, and thats only the O-Course, the other courses are the same height they just have nifty little boards the females can use to climb up instead of pull themselves up by the ropes.

What do you do about your time of the month when you're not at boot camp? You probably won't even get it.

You should expect the toughest training any female in any branch of the service can currently go through and have to do it with 90 attitude filled females alongside you. It sucks!

Chumley
03-16-09, 01:49 PM
Down boy.

Marine84
03-16-09, 01:56 PM
We ARE meaner - we have that extra b!tch factor that the guys don't have - LOL!

Artemis
03-16-09, 01:57 PM
If you still have any questions about anything after the local special case Achped was done answering a question not directed to him please PM me. Oh and word of warning he likes female Marines so if you make it that far watch out.

Love ya Matt!!!!

Achped
03-16-09, 02:26 PM
Whoa Nelly, I definitely don't like female Marines. I permit them to like ME.

KawiGunny
03-16-09, 02:45 PM
Whoa Nelly, I definitely don't like female Marines. I permit them to like ME.

You need to start taking notes on what you post. That way you can always go back to them to make sure you don't say the opposite. Because you have posted before about liking WM's. Keep it together killer.

immaproshooter
03-16-09, 03:32 PM
lol

Marine84
03-16-09, 03:53 PM
You need to start taking notes on what you post. That way you can always go back to them to make sure you don't say the opposite. Because you have posted before about liking WM's. Keep it together killer.

He had a hard on when he typed that Gunny :)

LittleBit
03-16-09, 05:31 PM
Thanks a lot all of you!

Achped
03-16-09, 10:07 PM

Its those damn buns Gunny, especially the ones that look like donuts. They just always seem to get me no matter what! I can't help it! I tell myself I don't like them, but everyone knows I do.

Chali Jam
03-16-09, 11:18 PM
A couple of girls in my platoon cycled. I didn't. They provide you with all the necessities if you do, though.

Unfortunately, it is true about the o-course being shorter. I never used any boards or anything like that, though. Your DI will respect you more if you didn't use any either.

LittleBit
03-17-09, 07:53 AM
I ran a bit of an army obstacle course with my JROTC. Some of the obstacles appeared to be built for taller people. I'm pretty short. My choice of MOS was limited even more because of that.

0231Marine
03-17-09, 08:00 AM
Did you get my pm littlebit? Don't worry about the height either. My wife is 4'11" and she does just fine.

THAT AINT IT
03-18-09, 06:00 PM
One of two things will happen with the "time of the month", you either won't have it or you'll have it for 3 months straight. It depends on your body and the amount of stress you can take. As for the female drill instructors, male Marines that graduated with me have told me that they were more afraid of my drill instructors than they were of theirs.

SGT7477
03-18-09, 07:20 PM
Hi, I'm going to PI July 20th, and I haven't really gotten a chance to really get a good talk to any female Marines about boot camp.

I've heard in some cases that female DIs are meaner and I've also heard that the obstacles in some cases are different. Also, what do women do about the "time of the month?" Is there anything else that's different about being in a female training battalion? What should I expect?

Thanks in advance!
Meaner don't believe everything you hear,lol.:D

buick233
03-18-09, 08:53 PM
I graduated last November, so it's still pretty fresh in my memory. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. I'll be glad to tell you everything you want to know. I was the one asking as many people I could find the same type of questions you have.

For the most part, you'll figure boot camp out as you go. The little things you're worried about now, you'll laugh about later. But it is definitely true that boot camp is challenging in its own special way for us females. Not only will your fellow recruits get *****y and catty, the Drill Instructors will too. It's a fun and exciting three months. :)

-PFC Lawrence

Tallboot
03-18-09, 09:18 PM
ummmm l o l

Tallboot
03-18-09, 10:09 PM
As far as bootcamp goes, Females do the same thing we do, maybe not indoors but training is the same. I had SSGT flowers at the time come up to me during the Curcible (one of the only time i saw another female) and proceeded to put on my cammie paint on my face, i got messed up when we got back for that one. In the fleet its about the same really i dont see a differance females usually focus more on Marine Corps Regulation then jobs or mos in my opinion.

Achped
03-19-09, 07:01 AM
Hahaha ain't that the truth Tallboot. Thats why you gotta learn the regs so you can put them in their place

"Your MCMAP belt is too long"

"So? Your nails are too long, your bun is too big, and you're f***ing a gunny."

Marine84
03-19-09, 08:06 AM
Matt, if it weren't for WM's, your life in Corps would be pretty damned boring! LOL!

giveen
03-19-09, 08:09 AM
In my opinion, the only reason why WM say female DI are "meaner" is because women are more emotional and let things like yelling, cussing, screaming, mind games, get to them.

Achped
03-19-09, 09:23 AM
Matt, if it weren't for WM's, your life in Corps would be pretty damned boring! LOL!

Yes ma'am! They keep my sanity. I suspect it would be different if I was in a unit and worked with them on a daily basis though. I put "it" on a pedestal to begin with, but since I rarely see it, when I do see that bangin little babe with that bun I put it on top of the world.

buick233
03-19-09, 10:34 AM
In my opinion, the only reason why WM say female DI are "meaner" is because women are more emotional and let things like yelling, cussing, screaming, mind games, get to them.

Or because female Drill Instructors are also more emotional, thus bringing even more random bouts of insanity and mind games into the mix...

immaproshooter
03-19-09, 10:34 AM
lol

0231Marine
03-19-09, 11:00 AM
Yes ma'am! They keep my sanity. I suspect it would be different if I was in a unit and worked with them on a daily basis though. I put "it" on a pedestal to begin with, but since I rarely see it, when I do see that bangin little babe with that bun I put it on top of the world.

LOL...beleive me, it's not much different working with them. It's even worse when you work with the ones that are attractive because you see them everyday.

Tallboot
03-20-09, 01:29 PM
Its nice to see one everyone now and then, im glad there allowed in ill put it that way. Theres a unwritten requirement, that Female Marines are always sassy.

Marine84
03-20-09, 03:32 PM
Theres a unwritten requirement, that Female Marines are always sassy.

Here's one that knows what he's talking about ;)

immaproshooter
03-20-09, 03:44 PM
lol aint that the truth

Achped
03-21-09, 08:27 AM
If I had one complaint at all about WMs, its not work related at all. It just has to do with how 99% of them think they're better than you are (the sass...)

That's why I breed angry WM syndrome by dating a submissive little Filipino girl that totally blows her out of the water and puts her right back in her place (Can you sense some hostility here?)

Tallboot
03-21-09, 09:21 AM
Only time ive worked with any Female Marines was when my MSgt called me up to Division to teach them a thing or two, those girls were lost. They didnt give me any sass, mostly because i knew what i was doing, however there platoon sgt, she was a dick, something i was glad to see. Not very often do Marines acutally come up to another Marine that take time out of there usual work place and shake my hand like she did. None of them thought they were better then me or anything, had they done so i would have left and they could go fail there field operation again. Same deal with all Marines i see. Id give it a 70% ratio, that when you take a Civilian, Sassy, tomboy and turn her into a Marine with high standards you have a good product. There are still **** bags on both sides of the table though has nothing to do with who has a dick and who has a vagina.