PDA

View Full Version : Question ragarding workouts + shipping out soon.

Tolerance
03-16-09, 12:38 PM
Hello, Marines!

I'm finally shipping out in 2 weeks and, my question is.............

When should I stop training in order to rest?

I like to get as much gym time in as possible, but dont want to end up at PI sore and such.

Thanks for your suggestions!

NoRemorse
03-16-09, 12:42 PM
Your taper phase should have been this week or next week. That way you'd peak either next week or in Receiving.

Start icing/heating, make sure you eat good food, and don't forget to warm up then stretch.

thewookie
03-16-09, 03:59 PM
You stop training to rest, when you are dead.

Seriously, the first week of receiving is hardly physical and you can rest a plenty then.

Pete0331
03-16-09, 04:33 PM
Hello, Marines!

I'm finally shipping out in 2 weeks and, my question is.............

When should I stop training in order to rest?

I like to get as much gym time in as possible, but dont want to end up at PI sore and such.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Reverse planning! It works.

Arrive at PI >>>> adequate rest time (1 week) >>>> gradual drawdown of PT schedule (over the course of 1 week)

It takes about 2 weeks, depending on the individual, to start seeing loss in endurance, stamina, strength, and so on.
Maintain hydration levels, stretching until you are on the yellow footprints.

Although the first week or so of Boot Camp isn't that physical, it is a good idea to rest for the IST.
There also may be acclimatization factors that will have adverse affects on your body.

Tolerance
03-17-09, 11:38 AM
awesome advice, thanks Marines :thumbup:

with the different opinions/suggestions here, I'll stop going to the gym about Tues-Wed of next week (5-6 days before I ship out)