PDA

View Full Version : I ship out next monday, i have one question

markjohn
03-15-09, 07:20 PM
So I ship out next monday the 23, and really my only question is do i have to use the bank, i think its called ft. sill bank? I have navy federal b/c my dad is a retired chief, but im 23 so i do have some debt accrued that i still have to make payments on....But I was wondering since there is a navy federal at Parris Island can i just bring the direct deposit form for them and my debit card and use navy federal?

Alton
03-15-09, 09:02 PM
At least as far as west coast goes, admin will set up your account automatically. They don't ask you which bank you choose, nor do they give you the option to change your bank.

That being said, talk to your senior when you get to your actual platoon. If you have a valid reason for needing direct deposit into Navy Fed, he should be able to take care of it.

immaproshooter
03-15-09, 09:21 PM
they will set you up with a bank account, worst case senario get the information for routing and account number and mail to yoru parents so they can take care of stuff for you.... but when you get out of boot you will be able to change banks

Ace151Slayer
03-15-09, 11:12 PM
I just got back from boot at Parris about a week ago, shipping out for MCT tomorrow actually. As far as banking, you have no initial option in the beginning, you will be set up with a FSNB bank account, ft. sill. Your stuck with it, and cant change it to Navy Federal until you get your first liberty sunday near the end of bootcamp.

But with debts and needing to make payments back home, talk to your senior and he will get you over to the FSNB office so you can set up whatever payment issues you have.

markjohn
03-16-09, 12:08 AM
ok, awesome thank you for the info, i cant wait to leave!