PDA

View Full Version : Question about MOS

Hevymetaldood
03-15-09, 01:18 AM
Hello, I am currently set to go to sweet ol' Parris Island on the 30th of this month and I have a question that hopefully someone here may be able to help me with.
It has to deal with my MOS. My recruiter told me that I would analyze, repair, and deal with technical things with LAVs and Tanks (Combat Vehicles) ect.. but I was under the assumption that all MOS' have a numbered code to go with them.
When I asked him what the code was for my MOS he said it was "CL" and that left me confused because I thought that was one of the line scores on the ASVAB (Clerical in this case). But i was wondering if anyone would have an idea on what the actual MOS title would be in my circumstance? Also if possible what would be the numbered code?
Also if I remember correctly he told me the job title was something like "Combat Vehicle Technician" or something similar to that. I found a site a little bit ago that had a list of most MOS' available in the Marine Corps and I can not find anything of the sort. The closest thing I could find was
" 2146 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/2146.htm) --Main Battle Tank (MBT) Repairer/Technician"
" 2147 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/2147.htm) --Light Armored Vehicle (LAV)"
Did they maybe turn those into one MOS now?
Any insight would be helpful. Thank you ahead of time.

immaproshooter
03-15-09, 01:48 AM
when u DEP'd in they should have given you a copy of your contract they did back when i went through at least...and on it it will specify even if it only said 2100 for the MOS or what ever the case may be

Hevymetaldood
03-15-09, 01:53 AM
Well I have a copy of my origional contract but I was under "General Enlistment" (0500 is the numbered code on the contract) because I was unsure of the MOS I wanted to pick at the time. As of about two days ago is when I picked the MOS in question, and I did not receive any paperwork or even an amended contract. Do you think that this may be a problem?

BR34
03-15-09, 02:03 AM
You'll see the new contract before you ship. The code is perfectly normal. There are a certain group of MOSs in the specific code you have. My code was CC or something like that, and it that group was Aviation Mech, Supply, and Personal Finance. I wasn't told my exact MOS until close to the end of MCT, along with everyone else in my Co. It's normal!

If you want the specifics of your contract, the code reasoning, your possible MOSs, etc, why don't you contact your recruiter, and ask him for the details? That is, afterall his job.

You're leaving in 15 days? Might want to get locked on before you get on that bus!

Hevymetaldood
03-15-09, 02:05 AM
It is his job lol, but its also 0300 at the moment. :bunny:
But thank you for the feedback. Helped me out a bit. Was getting worried because my buddy, who is at MCT at the moment, was getting me all worked up about it telling me not to let them screw me on my MOS.

immaproshooter
03-15-09, 02:08 AM
well i know when mine changed i had to go back in and sign the new one but thigns could have changed in the last few years....call him up and aask him what the contract says for your MOS not the letter code

immaproshooter
03-15-09, 02:09 AM
well if you know its 0300 then its 0300 and thats all you need to know, you wont have anythign more specific until after ITB

BR34
03-15-09, 02:09 AM
It is his job lol, but its also 0300 at the moment. :bunny:
But thank you for the feedback. Helped me out a bit. Was getting worried because my buddy, who is at MCT at the moment, was getting me all worked up about it telling me not to let them screw me on my MOS.

We're on the clock 24 hours a day. Call him up and ask him, I'm sure he won't mind.

BR34
03-15-09, 02:13 AM
well if you know its 0300 then its 0300 and thats all you need to know, you wont have anythign more specific until after ITB

I think he's referring to the time.

immaproshooter
03-15-09, 02:16 AM
ya probably is, i didnt even think of that, maybe i need the sleep myself, oh well that aint happenin yet. but ya call him up, if you are affraid to call at this time of the morning then call after u get some sleep and wake up

Hevymetaldood
03-15-09, 02:22 AM
Will do, As I said before thank you all for your imput I'll talk with him tomorrow to clear my mind about all this. Good night!