PDA

View Full Version : Info Need on MEU(SOC) .45

Pete0331
03-13-09, 09:05 PM
I need a resource that list the weapons conditions for the MEU(SOC) .45.
An official resource would be optimal.

I am 80% sure that they aren't the same as M9, but I've only heard via word of mouth.
I need confirmation.

Thanks,
Pete

BR34
03-13-09, 09:29 PM
They aren't the same. 1911s are single action only. You can't pull the trigger and cycle it when the hammer is dropped like you can with DA weapons like the M9.

Pete0331
03-13-09, 10:04 PM
They aren't the same. 1911s are single action only. You can't pull the trigger and cycle it when the hammer is dropped like you can with DA weapons like the M9.

I know, but I need a source.
All my sources are only for the weapons organic to the infantry battalion.

Pete0331
03-13-09, 10:13 PM
Disregard, I found the info.

This is a good resource for all the poolee's lurking:

http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/2dfssg/med/files/110.htm

Zebra29er
03-14-09, 03:05 PM
I don't remember commanding "Condition #1" in Vietnam . I always said " Lock n Load "

CONDITION 1. To place a weapon in condition 1, a round must be in position to be fired and the safety must be on.

thewookie
03-14-09, 11:16 PM
I had one of those HK SOCOM .45's; it was a beast and I traded it for a Glock 26 that I won the Virginia 1997 IDPA Handgun State Championships with.

Then I traded the Glock 26 for my Kimber custom compact .45, and I have not looked back.

Quinbo
03-15-09, 04:58 AM
This discussion has become confusing ... double action and single action is revolvers. Possibly you were speaking about the difference between semi auto and auto.

Pete0331
03-15-09, 05:13 AM
This discussion has become confusing ... double action and single action is revolvers. Possibly you were speaking about the difference between semi auto and auto.

Negative.

The M9 in double action, meaning it can be cocked with a trigger pull, pulling bak the slide, or by manually pulling back the hammer.

The 1911 family cannot be cocked with a trigger pull. Only when slide is pulled back or the hammer is manually cocked.

Covey_Rider
03-15-09, 09:36 AM
Yeah double and single action are definitely terms used for semi-auto pistols. The 1911 automatically cocks the hammer back after each shot, making it single action and the weight of the trigger is really light for each shot. The M9 on the other hand is double action. The hammer can be cocked back on the first shot, but ever shot after that the hammer is pulled back as the trigger is pulled, making a heavier trigger, but some feel it's better for safety. A lot of pistols nowadays such as an XD or a Glock are considered to be in the middle of the two.