PDA

View Full Version : Going to Washington D.C.

bstewar09
03-12-09, 06:48 PM
I'll be in D.C. this next week for my high school's senior trip. If anyone wants a name off of the wall send me a PM with the name of the veteran and the date of the casualty. Maybe its a bad idea, but I feel its a little something I could do in return for all the knowledge that has been passed to me through this site.

-Ben

bstewar09
03-12-09, 07:04 PM
the Vietnam wall that is

Achped
03-13-09, 05:17 AM
Good initiative, bad idea poolee.

KawiGunny
03-13-09, 07:01 AM
Good initiative, bad idea poolee.

That is good initiative but not so sure it's a bad idea. Could be..... maybe not. Who knows. I look at it this way..... There are a lot of Nam vets that have never been to see the wall and probably never will be able to even though they want to. This could be a way for them to get a name or two of their buddies that they lost. Then again, it may be a way to stir bad memories.

Achped
03-13-09, 11:38 AM
That last part is how I see alot of Nam vets seeing it Gunny. I know if I lost a buddy of mine I wouldn't want a poolee sending me his name like its some sort of cool memento.

temarti
03-13-09, 11:55 AM
I don't think the poolee was looking at this request as a "cool momento" Gunny has a point there are many who are Vietnam Vets that do not have the opportunity to go to the wall.

I am sure he made the offer in good will, he did ask that if anyone would like for him to do this to PM him, so it would be in private and their choice.

bstewar09
03-13-09, 12:05 PM
I guess I really didn't think it all the way through. I got the idea from a teacher that I have who is a Vietnam vet who asked me to do that for him.

temarti
03-13-09, 12:16 PM
Don't sweat it, you did nothing wrong

KawiGunny
03-13-09, 12:18 PM
I guess I really didn't think it all the way through. I got the idea from a teacher that I have who is a Vietnam vet who asked me to do that for him.

Next time you see that teacher, tell him "welcome home" for me. :beer:

sscjoe
03-13-09, 12:20 PM
I aggree with Cpl T, I think the young man made a Honorable gesture. Thanks for looking out Ben. BTW- "Is that your war face, show me your war face"