PDA

View Full Version : Advice on which MOS to choose.

wolves31
03-11-09, 08:55 PM
I'm planning on joining the corps. as soon as I am finished with my junior year. I have talked to my recruiter and have researched many jobs. I narrowed my list down to 2, Combat Engineer and MP. When I had asked my recruiter about being MP, he said you had to be 19. If i can go to basic when I plan to, right after I graduate from high school, by the time I am done with basic, I will already be 19 or will be a couple weeks shy of it. What I am asking is, why is it you have to be 19 to be MP. If you have any further information on it that you feel is useful, please send it my way. I would very much appreciate it, Thank You.

immaproshooter
03-11-09, 10:49 PM
first off........ Corps not corps...
second...... Boot Camp, not Basic we arent the army
third........ try doing a search in the search field at the top(figured id tell ya where it is since weve had some guys make them selves look like idiots by saying they wanna do intel and yet couldnt find the search button).....

but good job on at least filling out the profile

SGT7477
03-11-09, 10:51 PM
Aren't you going to graduate?

Marine84
03-12-09, 08:14 AM
What I am asking is, why is it you have to be 19 to be MP.

Who knows? Who cares? It's just the freakin' way it is!

I will start your training here Grasshoppa. Remember this phrase:

MINE IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY

It will help you get through A LOT of things that are going to pop up in your life.

SGT7477
03-12-09, 08:17 AM
84 report to the drill field,lol.

KawiGunny
03-12-09, 08:20 AM
84 report to the drill field,lol.

Don't think they will let "Master" wear her orange robe on the field.

SGT7477
03-12-09, 09:01 AM
Don't think they will let "Master" wear her orange robe on the field.
Gunny you never know until you try it.:D

wolves31
03-12-09, 09:32 AM
I've researched more about being MP, and one the requirements I don't understand. About.com states that you "Must be 19 years old prior to completion of formal school". What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that you have to be 19 before you're done with boot camp, or you have to be 19 before you're done with USAMPS?

KawiGunny
03-12-09, 09:39 AM
I've researched more about being MP, and one the requirements I don't understand. About.com states that you "Must be 19 years old prior to completion of formal school". What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that you have to be 19 before you're done with boot camp, or you have to be 19 before you're done with USAMPS?

You must be 19 prior to completion of your MOS school.

fallfast90
03-12-09, 06:40 PM
Like posted above, you must be 19 by completion of MOS School. From what i remember the instructors telling us, 19 was the age that the Marine Corps allows you to carry a pistol in a law enforcement capacity. Whether that is true or not is beyond me. Just mark it up as a requirement and leave it at that.

wolves31
03-12-09, 10:35 PM
Ok, Thanks for all of your help.

Fubar5812
03-14-09, 08:23 PM
19 is the age of many things in Military Police.

your Mature enough
your proven old enough to drive on your own
your old enough to carry a weapon on a Marine base.

any specific MP questions you can ask me,I am an MP though I work with a dog rather than another person.