PDA

View Full Version : Leave Travel after Boot question.

cocruxified
03-11-09, 04:21 PM
Good evening Marines,

*Just as a disclaimer I do understand that I should be more focused on completing Boot Camp before anything else, and trust me, I am very focused, but I'm also a stickler for being prepared for all things as well.*

My question is in regards to the travel from Parris Island to your respective destinations. I've been under the assumption that we will be needing to book a plane ticket to where we are going, but what if I want to take a bus or train somewhere? I would like to make a little detour in Greenville, SC before I headed back home for the leave. Is this possible? Is there even a bus or train station anywhere around that I'd be able to get to? How would this work if possible? I only reference these instead of a plane because I'm pretty sure they would be cheaper, considering I'll also have to book a plane ticket from there home, then from home to MOS duty.

Thanks for your time.

BR34
03-11-09, 08:49 PM
You can take a bus, if you like, and sure it's cheaper...but it will probably take you over 24 hours to go 500 miles, as opposed to going 1500 miles in 4 hours by plane.

In boot camp you will be given time toward the end to set up travel arrangements. The civilians there will work with you to set you up with the cheapest, smartest, method of travel. If you want to go to Greenville, SC, just get a ticket from Beaufort to Greenville.

cocruxified
03-11-09, 09:36 PM
You can take a bus, if you like, and sure it's cheaper...but it will probably take you over 24 hours to go 500 miles, as opposed to going 1500 miles in 4 hours by plane.

In boot camp you will be given time toward the end to set up travel arrangements. The civilians there will work with you to set you up with the cheapest, smartest, method of travel. If you want to go to Greenville, SC, just get a ticket from Beaufort to Greenville.

Thanks. After doing some searching on priceline.com and Greyhound.com I'll probably just end up doing the flights. There's only one bus for the entire day I'm approximately I'll graduate, and its like a 10 hour ride. No way. Again thanks Corporal.

immaproshooter
03-11-09, 10:43 PM
dont even worry about it now, they set aside time at boot for travel arrangements, so dont fret over it, you will have time to do it at bootcamp, and they cut deals and all since they do mass purchases and all

cocruxified
03-11-09, 10:47 PM
dont even worry about it now, they set aside time at boot for travel arrangements, so dont fret over it, you will have time to do it at bootcamp, and they cut deals and all since they do mass purchases and all

Thanks Lance Corporal. I didn't know about the deals thing. I'm already passed it. I just can't wait to get there. These next two months will feel like two years I'm sure.

SGT7477
03-11-09, 10:49 PM
Worry about earning our title first, everything else will fall into place, now get that EGA.

immaproshooter
03-11-09, 10:50 PM
lol you think these next two months are gonna go by slow,....just wait

cocruxified
03-11-09, 10:51 PM
Aye, Sergeant.