PDA

View Full Version : New Poolee Looking For Workout Tips

DenverMilton
03-11-09, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone hows it going? I'm a new poolee (just swore in monday) and I'm looking for tips on workouts I should be doing to prepare for boot camp, I'd join a gym but I have no money at all, and I can already do the three pull ups and the one hundred sit ups but I can't run at all......so any tips for me fellows?

NoRemorse
03-11-09, 09:07 AM
Your profile is acceptable. Use the search feature and avoid bodybuilding . com or any of those websites for now.

There's an incomprehensibly huge number of threads and posts regarding PT, how to get in shape and how to improve your numbers. Show some where-with-all and initiative and get cracking on your research.

DenverMilton
03-11-09, 09:08 AM
Oh yes sir, sorry I was just trying to start some conversation didn't mean to add junk to the forum, won't happen again sir.

Tolerance
03-14-09, 10:59 AM
Denver,

If I was in your shoes (not having a gym membership) I would honestly buy one thing......... The Iron Gym.

its about $30, but worth it. I thought it was one of those stupid at home money wasters....... but its not!

you can get your pullups worked on greatly, your crunches, full ROM pushups, and even dips to work on triceps which will HELP pushups.

I go to a local gym, so I never bothered buying it, but I do love using it! I highly suggest ANY Poolee to buy this; it's worth it!

http://208.116.36.85/~beforeth/images/irongym.jpg

richrs01
03-14-09, 12:14 PM
Denver,

If I was in your shoes (not having a gym membership) I would honestly buy one thing......... The Iron Gym.

its about $30, but worth it. I thought it was one of those stupid at home money wasters....... but its not!

you can get your pullups worked on greatly, your crunches, full ROM pushups, and even dips to work on triceps which will HELP pushups.

I go to a local gym, so I never bothered buying it, but I do love using it! I highly suggest ANY Poolee to buy this; it's worth it!

Tolerance, got a question for ya, about how far off of the door molding does the Iron Gym sit? I've been putting off buying it simply because I don't want to purchase it and then not be able to seat it in my doorway. The only doorways that I would be able to sit it in are in a tight area, I've only got about 3/8" room past my molding.

Also, I was under the impression that it leaves no marks on your door molding, but something about having black rubber pressed up (possibly rubbing) against white molding and not leaving any marks doesn't seem right to me. Is it actually true? I live with my parents so I don't want to mess up there walls, they have to live in that house a lot longer than I do.

Tolerance
03-16-09, 12:20 PM
Tolerance, got a question for ya, about how far off of the door molding does the Iron Gym sit? I've been putting off buying it simply because I don't want to purchase it and then not be able to seat it in my doorway. The only doorways that I would be able to sit it in are in a tight area, I've only got about 3/8" room past my molding.

Also, I was under the impression that it leaves no marks on your door molding, but something about having black rubber pressed up (possibly rubbing) against white molding and not leaving any marks doesn't seem right to me. Is it actually true? I live with my parents so I don't want to mess up there walls, they have to live in that house a lot longer than I do.

as far as if it fits.... no clue bro, i go to a gym! :p

but if anything, go to GNC, Walgreens, Sport Authority (where they sell it) and buy it, see if it fits. if not? return it! :D

and about the black marks... no clue either. just get some tape and wrap it around the black pieces so it doesnt leave a mark ya know?

NoRemorse
03-16-09, 12:25 PM
It will scuff your molding. You could put tape on it but you might have more luck actually putting tape on the moulding itself..

Buy the perfect pullup and you can mount in a doorway. That's right, you're screwing into the frame, far sturdier and you have other options.

As for the moulding, the top part of the assembly rests on the top of the frame on the same side the door is hinged to. You're most likely going to have to worry about your doorway/frame/wall being entirely too thick. One of the doors in my parents house was made by cutting through solid block; I'd say it's about 14 inches thick at the very least. The unit wouldn't fit there because the curved arms and cross member aren't long enough to wedge on both sides of the door.

chasealmighty
03-16-09, 01:21 PM

First off I agree on buying this. In 2 months I went from 6 pull ups to 19.

It will mark up your molding, and the actual rubber pieces on mine ripped, I just taped over it and it works fine. It sits right on top of the molding, the molding holds it their. Any standard door would work. Or as PFC Remorse said buy one that mounts into the frame itself.

Chumley
03-16-09, 02:01 PM
First off I agree on buying this. In 2 months I went from 6 pull ups to 19.

It will mark up your molding, and the actual rubber pieces on mine ripped, I just taped over it and it works fine. It sits right on top of the molding, the molding holds it their. Any standard door would work. Or as PFC Remorse said buy one that mounts into the frame itself.

PFC Remorse is so bad that when he does pull-ups the building comes down to him. :thumbup:

NoRemorse
03-16-09, 02:07 PM
PFC Remorse is so bad that when he does pull-ups the building comes down to him. :thumbup:

Sorry about your foundation. I hope it's repaired in time for the next Chili Fest.

CPL Chumley is such a mean, mammer-jammer that when he pushes, the deck moves away from him.

Rotella
03-16-09, 04:42 PM
RUNNNNN! If I suggest one investment, it's some running shoes.