PDA

View Full Version : The View from Phase 3

Sempermom66
03-11-09, 08:19 AM
After the silence that followed their departure before the first letters arrived, the bronchitis and pneumonia that brought them close to being dropped, last week my sons wrote me about their $50 wager on their Rifle Qualification--the younger EXPERT brother won!

But the marked difference was tone of their letters, a new regard for their DIs, and a point of view that is looking forward.

As we count down the days to the Crucible and Graduation, the change has already occurred--

For all of us.

Meanwhile, my daughter has decided that she wants to be one of the fewer and prouder!

(This news would not have thrilled me back in Phase 1.)

But I'm not that Mom...

NoRemorse
03-11-09, 08:20 AM
Outstanding SemperMom. You're going to have a HUGE Marine family.

Best of luck and never-ending moto to your sons and daughter.

Semper Fi.

awbrown1462
03-11-09, 08:21 AM
Gald you sons are doing good will be Proud to call them Brothers and Marines when they are done and if your Daughter goes in and becomes a Marine I will have a new little Sister have a great day Mom

marinemama
03-11-09, 05:41 PM
After the silence that followed their departure before the first letters arrived, the bronchitis and pneumonia that brought them close to being dropped, last week my sons wrote me about their $50 wager on their Rifle Qualification--the younger EXPERT brother won!

But the marked difference was tone of their letters, a new regard for their DIs, and a point of view that is looking forward.

As we count down the days to the Crucible and Graduation, the change has already occurred--

For all of us.

Meanwhile, my daughter has decided that she wants to be one of the fewer and prouder!

(This news would not have thrilled me back in Phase 1.)

But I'm not that Mom...

That is wonderful news! Glad they are hanging tough and getting towards the end of this journey. Congrats to your daughter too!

Twinx
03-12-09, 01:24 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm Sempermom66's daughter
Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I cant wait to DEP in.
I am so proud of my brothers and so impressed by how much they have accomplished in such a short time. And I am exstatic about the younger brother beeting the older in marksmanship...thats amazing. I cant wait to go see them in 4 weeks. It's going to be sureal

Petz
03-12-09, 01:28 AM
um, you should start preparing yourself for the retardedness of females in the Corps... they get silly... PM commdog7 and start talking with her about it... she's a stellar female Marine and is not the type that I look down on negativly (that "10" %) so she will give you excellent advice.

MrsNix
03-12-09, 02:04 AM
That is wonderful news! Congratulations, Mom!

Twinx
03-13-09, 12:51 AM
Thank you very much SSgt I will start talking with her. I would like to be in that 10%. I am not the silly type of girl to begin with. I have 6 older brothers, I am the youngest one and the only girl. I was on the wrestling team in 7th grade. Going into the Marines is going to be the most difficult things I will do in my entire life, I don't doubt that at all, but I think I am up for the challenge. And hopefully when I come out on the other side, I will make my two Marine brothers and the rest of my fellow Marines proud to call me one of their own.

Petz
03-13-09, 01:31 AM
um, I probably was unclear (as usual) the 10% are the jacked up crowd.... so I'm sure you meant you DON'T want to be apart of the 10%.... it was my fault, don't apologize.

and for the record... Women (when physically fit and squared away) look better in dress blues then us Men... that's what I think anyway. if anyone else disagrees then feel free to spam my PM box.

Twinx
03-13-09, 01:42 AM
Opps my bad. Yeah, then I do not want to be in that 10% then. haha
I'm not in bad shape, but I have to get some running in before I think about going in.
I'm on my college swim team, so I hope I can get swim qual 2 and beet my brothers.

hrscowboy
03-13-09, 04:53 AM
I always thought women Marines looked good in anything..... orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ScottsMom
03-13-09, 12:08 PM
Congratulations Mom!!

sscjoe
03-13-09, 12:24 PM
I always thought women Marines looked good in anything..... orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Or out of anything!!!

marinemom
03-13-09, 01:39 PM
Congratulations - and just watch out for 'cowboy!

Sempermom66
03-13-09, 08:17 PM
Congratulations - and just watch out for 'cowboy!

Indeed! Thank you all for your kind words...

SGT7477
03-13-09, 08:26 PM
I'll second that, OOHRAH.:flag:

Marine84
03-16-09, 01:53 PM

OOHRAH!!! WM's RULE!