PDA

View Full Version : Backdating Composite Scores...?

61Marine
03-10-09, 08:47 PM
Hey all, relatively new to the forum and this is the only place I could think to put this question.

I rated a composite score in December to pick up Cpl in December. As per MCO P1400.32D - Marine Corps Promotion Manual, Volume 2, Enlisted Promotions, 2201.3 (or page 43, for those who skip to the page in the PDF), a Marine slated to pickup in the first quarter of a year (Jan, Feb, Mar) must have all data elements input by Nov 20, with an approximate score completion of Nov 28th.

Here's my situation. My Pro/Con's had been submitted to Admin, but they "lost" (or misplaced or choose your wording) them in the transition of some Marines being split from one unit to be stood up as another (MEF to MEB). When Admin finally received my Pro/Con's, they didn't post until 20090131. Also, I had not completed a rifle qual for FY 2009, but had one for FY 2008.

Here's where the problem - I have a 0 Composite Score. I've had one since 2008 Dec 12 (the day the CS posted, or was computed - whatever). Since then, I've seen many of my peers, who I had known in school, get promoted (hopefully they got better in the MOS, because a majority who got promoted to E-4 were Fleet Dodgers/crybabies/just-plain-stupid). Yes, I know that I will rate a Composite Score for Q2 2009 (Apr, May, Jun), and that the calculations will come out soon (hurry up, MCTFS...).

I was wondering if there was anyway to, for a lack of better terminology, re-calculate my composite score prior to the date used for Q2 2009. I've seen it done in MOL, however, I was informed by numerous admin sections that no, it is not possible and they have no idea how that was done. And I wasn't about to "flip for it" for a more favorable answer.

Any insight into this issue would be much appreciated. I provided a link to the MCO below. Section 2201.1 deals with Corporal promotions (page 40 in the PDF). Thanks, and Semper Fi!

http://www.yuma.usmc.mil/services/legal/documents/MCOP1400.32D.pdf

DIBLO7
03-10-09, 09:55 PM
First, if you had the score in December, why didn't you pick it up then? Your score shouldn't have zeroed out until after than when your pro/cons didn't post.

The short answer to your remedial promotion question is yes. That information that was run late can be backdated in 3270 and you can get remedially promoted as long as the date on the paperwork is dated before the cutoff date. There is a process that has to be gone though first though that involves phone calls to HQMC and a bunch of other crap.

Which admin guys did you talk to? The 0151's at your S-1 or at the 0121's at the base PAC? The reason I ask is because if your asking the LCpl 0151 who deals with morning reports or awards he probably wont know to terribly much about 3270 other than looking stuff up. No real fault of his, he just isn't exposed to the other side of the house.

61Marine
03-10-09, 11:19 PM
First, if you had the score in December, why didn't you pick it up then? Your score shouldn't have zeroed out until after than when your pro/cons didn't post.

The short answer to your remedial promotion question is yes. That information that was run late can be backdated in 3270 and you can get remedially promoted as long as the date on the paperwork is dated before the cutoff date. There is a process that has to be gone though first though that involves phone calls to HQMC and a bunch of other crap.

Which admin guys did you talk to? The 0151's at your S-1 or at the 0121's at the base PAC? The reason I ask is because if your asking the LCpl 0151 who deals with morning reports or awards he probably wont know to terribly much about 3270 other than looking stuff up. No real fault of his, he just isn't exposed to the other side of the house.

I didn't have a score in December - I rated one. Since Dec 11 (I incorrectly stated Dec 12), I have had a composite score of 0. Month, after Month, after Month. My Pro/Cons had not been updated since 20080327.

As far as having some kind of record or paper trail leading back to Pro/Con's being submitted in a timely manner, as everything else is done nowadays, it was handled on MOL - which proceeded to glitch when Marines were transferring from MEF to MEB (that is what I chalked up the "loss" or "misplacement" portion to). According to my SNCOs, they submitted the Pro/Cons before they were due for the quarter. Whether or not it was before Nov 20 is a different matter and I suppose is a pertinant piece of information to whether I would get backdated.

When I was handling it, I got as far as the 1 shop (0151s) before I was "relieved" of what I was doing and my Sgt got put on it... That was a month and a half ago, so I decided to start it back up by myself and see how far I can get.

I suppose what information you provided (which was very helpful, thank you) poses a new question - Is it worth the work my Sgt is going to put in to try and get my rank/pay backdated, or should I suck it up and take the green weenie like a good Lance Coolie? Using the Composite Score Calculator on MOL, I've made the cutting score for Cpl since Jan '09 (and yes, that includes removing points for TIG/TIS not accumulated through the whole quarter).

DIBLO7
03-11-09, 04:44 PM
If you want to suck it up you have that option, if I was you and know what I know I'd be ****ed; and be doing what needs to be done to get promoted. Without having access to look at the MOL and 3270 screens (Where I'm stationed at now I don't have 3270 access) I can't help you to terribly much more.

What will need to happen for you to get promoted is for your SNCO's to get your pro/cons up to the PAC and ran hard copy, not through MOL because it wont let you back date it. The PAC will be ****ed because it will screw up their timeliness report, but if your SNCO's are telling the truth, that they submitted it in the right time then they should be able to tell the PAC to pound sand and do their job.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-12-09, 07:20 AM
Sgt D is correct as far as I'm concerned. I'd be on someone's fourth point of contact to get this fixed, NOW. Date of Rank is extremely important not only now, but for future promotions down the road. Get it fixed ASAP.