PDA

View Full Version : Air powered car

mcvet57103
03-10-09, 07:00 PM
Was watching Modern Marvels on the History Channel, and they did a section on a car that goes 125 miles on a tank of compressed air. Here is a link to an article on the car: http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4251491.html

This car could save a bunch of money on gas. They said it takes about $2 worth of electricity to pump up the tank. Gas is approaching $3 a gallon here in Sioux Falls. My car gets 30 mpg, so for 2/3 the price of one gallon of gas I could theoretically go four times as far. The show said the cars would start at 8K for the basic, and go to 25K for the fanciest. Even have one with a gas motor assist for when the air gets low. Gas motor kicks in and propels the car as it re-pressurizes the tank.

DocGreek
03-10-09, 07:13 PM
HEY!! Ever heard of an AIR-POWERED CORPSMAN???? I even have SKID MARKS, from my "WHEELIE"!!.....DOC

mcvet57103
03-10-09, 07:18 PM
HEY!! Ever heard of an AIR-POWERED CORPSMAN???? I even have SKID MARKS, from my "WHEELIE"!!.....DOCDoc my wife tells me if they could find a way to capture all the bean fueled gas I pass in one day, they could end oil imports for several years. LOL:banana: