PDA

View Full Version : mcrt

beccalynn
03-09-09, 09:57 PM
My fiance is in the process of joining the Marine Corps. We are planning to get married before he actually leaves for basic traininig.While he is in basic training will I have access to his money he is receiving to take care of our daughter and myself? Any information would be much appreciated. This is really worrying me! Thank you

DocGreek
03-09-09, 11:17 PM
BECCALYNN....a percentage, of your husbands pay will be "ALLOTED" to you, automatically. Please note.....it will be peanuts!!! DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK HIS RECRUITER, WHAT'S THE STORY!!!.....Best of luck, sweetie!!.....DOC

beccalynn
03-09-09, 11:43 PM
thank you DocGreek I appreciate your help

MrsNix
03-10-09, 10:12 PM
Be ready for the idea that you may have difficulty getting access to his money and that it might not start landing in the account promptly in the beginning.

PLAN AHEAD. Do not assume that the money will be there.

I didn't see a dime when my husband was in boot camp because of red tape issues that we ran into. He will NOT be able to help you or deal with any of it while he is gone. He will have ZERO opportunity or power to deal with the money issues while he is away.

So.

Just know that and plan ahead.

NoRemorse
03-11-09, 07:54 AM
Like Doc said, ask your recruiter. Like MrsNix said, depending on the timing of when he gets to Boot and starts processing you may experience a delay in payment or a SNAFU in his paperwork.

He'll be encouraged to open up an account with FSNB at the beginning. I believe there's an option to set up direct deposit to an existing bank account or just set up allotments. Once again, ask his recruiter, you have to get all this squared away prior to his ship date and you'll both have to sign what's basically an affidavit stating that you'll be financially secure for the three months that he's in boot.