PDA

View Full Version : just a question and opinion answer

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 02:13 PM
so, just curious, but what is harder training the marine corp force recon traning or the Navy SEALS traning? i'm just curious

390 Mach I
03-09-09, 04:10 PM
In order to get an accurate answer you would have to find someone that has done both.
Not real sure of how many of them there are, but I wouldn't expect it is very many...
and less so the ones willing to tell you about it.

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 04:18 PM
i'm not looing for accuracy, it was a debate in our shop and i thought i'd go on here we've all heard the stories so i'm asking for opinions... don't hav to do it to have a opinion

SGT7477
03-09-09, 04:20 PM
so, just curious, but what is harder training the marine corp force recon traning or the Navy SEALS traning? i'm just curious
As a Marine shouldn't you be capitalizing Marine Corps?:evilgrin:

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 04:22 PM
my mistake...

JoeInVille
03-09-09, 04:24 PM
I would say Force Recon is more difficult. More schools, also you have to go through Scout Snipers, Recon, and be selected from the top of that to go to Force Recon. But I dont completely know obviously, considering im neither of them nor will be hah.

SGT7477
03-09-09, 04:24 PM
Carry on Marine.

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 04:29 PM
thank you joe, thats what alot of us were saying in shop but none of us will ever be force recon, we have a guy in our shop putting up a recon package because he wants to go so we all had the debate just to see what everyone thinks and i thought "hey, leatherneck.com lets see what other think" because he thinks that SEAL training would be harder but at the same time in some aspecs recon would be harder... so i'm just pretty much taking opinions on his behalf

SGT7477
03-09-09, 04:31 PM
I've heard the Navl Seals is the hardest of all branches, but how do we know if we haven't tried them all.

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 04:33 PM
well we don't but we can have opinions because no one is saying anyone is right or wrong, just opinions

SGT7477
03-09-09, 04:36 PM
Have you ever heard the saying before, Opinions are like azzholes, everybody has one,lol?

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 04:40 PM
yup snd one thing i've learned about them is Marines love to give their opinion

sdk87to91
03-09-09, 05:41 PM
Do the Force Recon have to swim alot?
That could decide my opinion.
I have seen enough movies to know that SEALS have to swim alot. I hate swimming and dread any kind of ocean survival situation.
It would also be harder coming up through an organization in which you are a sailor. Just claiming the title of Marine makes many tasks easier.

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 05:44 PM
from what my buddy is telling me he's been talking to a guy that is recon and the swim part was hell because they get dropped off 13 miles off shore and have to swim back, sure there are people to make sure you don't drown but there is a 13 miles swim... sy least thats what he was told

390 Mach I
03-09-09, 06:31 PM
Swimming is the easy part!
WSSI FTW!!!!

Anyways:

Quite honestly, a SEAL team (No clue which team) was barracked next to us at Fort Sherman... For the limited amount of time we actually spent bivouacked there, we quite often got into it with the SEAL's at the club, which happened on an almost regular basis.

We all thought we were pretty badass... being a MEU/SOC unit and all...
*phaw*
"Beer courage" and all that... Oh, did I mention that we always outnumbered them...

Not too mention that we Marines got all the "hot" chicks...

A Squid is a Squid...
;)

J/K

Always had a beer or 10 afterwards though! It was all good!
ALL Marines are BADASS Marines!
Infantry Marines are WAAAY Badass Marines!
Scout/Snipers are WAAAAY badass Marines
SEAL's are WAAAAY badass Squids.
Recon 'Battalion' Marines are WAAAAAY badass Marines.
'Force' Recon is WAAAAY-WAY Badass Marines.
0331 Marines are WAAAAAAAAAAY-WAAAAAAAY BADASS MARINES!
That is JMHO though.
*smirk*
*shrug*

*chuckle*

Bohon6073USMC
03-09-09, 06:35 PM
thank, i like that... sounds good

SGT7477
03-10-09, 09:54 AM
Do the Force Recon have to swim alot?
That could decide my opinion.
I have seen enough movies to know that SEALS have to swim alot. I hate swimming and dread any kind of ocean survival situation.
It would also be harder coming up through an organization in which you are a sailor. Just claiming the title of Marine makes many tasks easier.
It's the frickin cold water that drops alot of them,lol.:D

DocGreek
03-10-09, 11:59 AM
MACH 1, and BONEHEAD......when "you", have "your" own Ships, "your" own MEDICS, "your" own Aircraft, "your" own Military Academy, "your" own chow, and "your" own budget, directed by "your" Secretary of The Marine Corps, THEN, AND ONLY THEN, CAN "YOU" PICK-ON, AND DOWN-GRADE THE UNITED STATES NAVY......"WE", OWN THE MARINE CORPS, AND "WE", TELL "YOU" WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE, TO ATTACK....BY ORDER OF THE PRESIDENT, THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE, THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY, THEN........THE COMMANDER OF THE MARINE CORPS!!! "You're" ALL "SQUIDS", with UGLY Green uniforms....HOW'S THAT?????......SEMPER FIDELIS.....DOC

Bohon6073USMC
03-10-09, 12:05 PM
damn, well no offense ment doc, sorry if you were offended by the thread, it wasn't ment to throw any hate towards the navy. looking at your ribbons.. i noticed teh purple heart.. is that 4 purple hearts?

Chumley
03-10-09, 12:10 PM
MACH 1, and BONEHEAD......when "you", have "your" own Ships, "your" own MEDICS, "your" own Aircraft, "your" own Military Academy, "your" own chow, and "your" own budget, directed by "your" Secretary of The Marine Corps, THEN, AND ONLY THEN, CAN "YOU" PICK-ON, AND DOWN-GRADE THE UNITED STATES NAVY......"WE", OWN THE MARINE CORPS, AND "WE", TELL "YOU" WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE, TO ATTACK....BY ORDER OF THE PRESIDENT, THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE, THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY, THEN........THE COMMANDER OF THE MARINE CORPS!!! "You're" ALL "SQUIDS", with UGLY Green uniforms....HOW'S THAT?????......SEMPER FIDELIS.....DOC

So Doc, tell us, how do you REALLY feel about it?
Good thing he didn't start bashing us POGUES, then I'd have to get involved and set the record straight. :beer:
SFI
C

NoRemorse
03-10-09, 12:15 PM
So Doc, tell us, how do you REALLY feel about it?
Good thing he didn't start bashing us POGUES, then I'd have to get involved and set the record straight. :beer:
SFI
C

I may have to push some paper in support of that statement. :marine:

Bohon6073USMC
03-10-09, 12:16 PM
i thought we did have our own aircraft? i'm pretty sure all our aircraft says Marine on it on my base... and here in Al Asad but maybe that's just me

Covey_Rider
03-10-09, 12:26 PM
Just for the record FR guys don't have to go through Scout Sniper school to get into FR. I used to work with FR guys and I've worked with some SEALs before. They respected each other and didn't really have any quarrels about who was better then who. Both groups had to be fishes in the water to get where they are...both had to do a lot of hard work. All I know is that the FR guys that I PT'd with were in shape. My old Gunny could still run a 16:20 3 mile. We did helo-casting for PT one day...that was sweet. We ran 3 1/2 miles to a beach, jumped in the bird and then helo casted in about 3km off shore and finned back...then we ran back to the base where they continued to PT and I went off and died in a small patch of grass haha. I know 3rd Recon, not even FR, used to fin from Courtney to Schwab...and those of you who know where those two places are in Oki, you know that it's quite a ways to fin.

390 Mach I
03-10-09, 12:39 PM

That is actually funny!
I meant no offense.
You gotta remember that if we at a bar and a Marine is fighting a Sailor, and an Army Soldier jumps in, the Marine and Sailor will stop fighting eachother and jump the Soldier together...

KawiGunny
03-10-09, 12:42 PM

Your right as usual Doc. We are part of the Department of the Navy. The mens department.:D

Bohon6073USMC
03-10-09, 12:43 PM
hell yeah they will, my dad retired from the army always told me stories "yeah we fu*ked with other army, airforce, navy and coast guard but never the Marines, it was just asking to get your ass kicked if you did that"

Bohon6073USMC
03-10-09, 12:48 PM
Your right as usual Doc. We are part of the Department of the Navy. The mens department.:D

Thats great!

MARINECID
03-10-09, 12:54 PM

You are correct Doc. We are a Department of the navy. THE MENS DEPARTMENT

Bohon6073USMC
03-10-09, 12:56 PM
day late dollar short on that one lol

mcvet57103
03-10-09, 01:38 PM
Now come on guys aren't you just a little jealous of their cute little white uniforms with the bib on the back so their buddy has a place to wipe his pecker when he's done? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw :marine: NOT!!

TJR1070
03-10-09, 01:52 PM
We could also add that we are a part of the Navy.....The BEST Part!!!

mcvet57103
03-10-09, 02:15 PM
Hey Doc, Ya know I'm just bustin yer chops. Love ya man. SF

awbrown1462
03-10-09, 02:20 PM
After Seal hell week dont know how hard training is.. Its used to weed out the unfit

DocGreek
03-10-09, 03:33 PM
My idea, in that post, was just to make everybody THINK!! Most of that CRAP, I said, is "probably" true, but who gives a SH!T?? "DIS", the squids, all you want, it's OK! The Navy knows why they're transporting Marines....Fleet Marines, are the first to hit the beach-head, first to kill, and BE killed, and ALWAYS LAST....to leave! 99% of the squids, that work with The Fleet Marines, have the HIGHEST RESPECT for them!! AND.....SO DO I!!! I'm happy you ALL enjoyed my "pecker-pulling"!!!!......DOC

mcvet57103
03-10-09, 03:54 PM
My idea, in that post, was just to make everybody THINK!! Most of that CRAP, I said, is "probably" true, but who gives a SH!T?? "DIS", the squids, all you want, it's OK! The Navy knows why they're transporting Marines....Fleet Marines, are the first to hit the beach-head, first to kill, and BE killed, and ALWAYS LAST....to leave! 99% of the squids, that work with The Fleet Marines, have the HIGHEST RESPECT for them!! AND.....SO DO I!!! I'm happy you ALL enjoyed my "pecker-pulling"!!!!......DOCAlways do Doc. :thumbup: SF :D

nvusmcsgt
03-10-09, 04:21 PM
Dont worry Doc we just keep you employed. Kind of like a cab driver.:bunny:
Semper Fi

KawiGunny
03-11-09, 07:56 AM
My idea, in that post, was just to make everybody THINK!! Most of that CRAP, I said, is "probably" true, but who gives a SH!T?? "DIS", the squids, all you want, it's OK! The Navy knows why they're transporting Marines....Fleet Marines, are the first to hit the beach-head, first to kill, and BE killed, and ALWAYS LAST....to leave! 99% of the squids, that work with The Fleet Marines, have the HIGHEST RESPECT for them!! AND.....SO DO I!!! I'm happy you ALL enjoyed my "pecker-pulling"!!!!......DOC

Over the years of floating around on one of those canoe's, I have gained a great deal of respect for a lot of jobs the Navy does. Some are still high on my "don't waste my time" list to. My last deployment on ship, we were "preboat" on the LCAC's. Those guys did an awsome job and they always looked out for us. As the assault element, we were always the first of the ship and the last back on. Those guy's on the LCAC's would hose our vehicles down for us after we came back onboard. In return, we would always get as many MRE's (foreign versions) as possible for those guys. They loved trying the different ones that our NATO friends. They also put in more hours working on there LCAC then we did with our vehicles. Long hours for them sometimes but they did have it good when they were sitting on the beach waiting for us to return to the ship.

BHABIT
04-07-09, 09:34 PM
I will try to be politically correct here...ALL OPS will be the hardest and most demanding thing that you ever do! I'm prejudiced towards Force Recon simply because I've never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. I've done a lot of what Seal teams have done...sub insertion, scuba, halo,40K humps to target, F***ed up Intel, but I have never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. So from my stand point Force Recon is tougher.

echo3oscar1833
04-07-09, 10:28 PM
I cant really say who is tougher Force Recon, or Seals. The closest I ever got to Force Recon, was when I was attached 2nd Force Reconassince Bn my last 5 months in the Corps. I always thought those Ricky Recon boys were pretty slick with there Wings and Scuba Bubbles. I remember standing in formation with those guys alot of times. I stuck out like a sore thumb, they all had cammies that wernt pressed, long hair, and everyonce and while youd see a group with facial hair, because there OpSec allowed it for where ever the hell it was they were going. Then you had me a Lance with high and tight, polished boots, and pressed cammies.(I had to be a poster boy for my Bn). Always thought that was funny, I never talked to them, they never talked to me. To them I was prob just the weirdo standing at the end of there formation, but man I thought they were some cool dudes thats for sure :D

Alisium
04-07-09, 10:35 PM
Probably the initial SEAL training is a good deal more difficult but, Force has more schools in the long run. So what's harder sprinting or long distance running?

I would wager that the sustainment training would probably be similar in both intensity and focus.

DocGreek
04-07-09, 11:02 PM
BHABIT.....been a Platinum Member since 2003? Your PROFILE says a lot about the kind of person you are......SO does your SIGNATURE!! AND.....ALL of those posts in 6 YEARS!! Since this thread is "just a question and opinion answer"...GUESS MY QUESTION!!!! GUESS MY OPINION!!!! ANSWER.....either you're a poser, a wannabe, or just an idiot!........DOC

echo3oscar1833
04-07-09, 11:09 PM
BHABIT.....been a Platinum Member since 2003? Your PROFILE says a lot about the kind of person you are......SO does your SIGNATURE!! AND.....ALL of those posts in 6 YEARS!! Since this thread is "just a question and opinion answer"...GUESS MY QUESTION!!!! GUESS MY OPINION!!!! ANSWER.....either you're a poser, a wannabe, or just an idiot!........DOC

Ya know Doc I was thinking the same thing, just wanted to see who would say something first.:D

echo3oscar1833
04-07-09, 11:57 PM
I will try to be politically correct here...ALL OPS will be the hardest and most demanding thing that you ever do! I'm prejudiced towards Force Recon simply because I've never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. I've done a lot of what Seal teams have done...sub insertion, scuba, halo,40K humps to target, F***ed up Intel, but I have never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. So from my stand point Force Recon is tougher.

K now after reading all of your Post BHABIT, now I wanna play a bit, as of now from reading your posts. I find it hard to believe what you are saying, if you wall be taking seriously, and are a Marine fill out your damn profile, because seriously my BS flag is waving, and it s black flag day on the range.:devious:

MLMonk
04-08-09, 09:02 PM
He's one hell of a Marine if he hit Gunny in less then 8 years....

To the actual question, I think both are very similar, but I would put FR at a higher point simply because of the bootcamp we go though.

SGT7477
04-09-09, 06:23 PM
He's one hell of a Marine if he hit Gunny in less then 8 years....

To the actual question, I think both are very similar, but I would put FR at a higher point simply because of the bootcamp we go though.
It can be done I seen it in 6 years.:flag:

BHABIT
04-09-09, 06:58 PM
I've restrained myself from responding to post about me that have been posted here, mostly because this is particular forum post had Poole's involved...however if any of my so called Marine brothers want to take this somewhere else...bring it. I have been accused of things that my pride, temperament and honor will not let stand. The amazing thing is that they all come from Lance Cpl. I guess Marine history and doctrine didn't sink into you.

Sgt Jim
04-09-09, 08:14 PM
Had a Marine in my squadron pick up Sgt with only 22 months time in service,had his head and a## wired together.why can,t BHABIT have done the same thing,looks like he did to me!

echo3oscar1833
04-09-09, 08:22 PM
I've restrained myself from responding to post about me that have been posted here, mostly because this is particular forum post had Poole's involved...however if any of my so called Marine brothers want to take this somewhere else...bring it. I have been accused of things that my pride, temperament and honor will not let stand. The amazing thing is that they all come from Lance Cpl. I guess Marine history and doctrine didn't sink into you.

All Im saying is you need to fill out your profile if you wanna be taken serious around here. Every other person that comes on here is asked to fill out his/her profile regardless. BHABIT you is not special in anyway, if you do not fill out your profile, Im not going to take you serious for one ioda. Plain and simple, if you fill it out, then your good to go and that is the end of his. However at this point with an incomplete profile, and all of your Ricky Recon talk, I dont by anything you say and won't until then. Plain and simple, if one has to fill out there profile, all have to fill out there profile.