PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmith

Fridge
03-07-09, 12:49 PM
My buddy is enlisting in the Corps with me but is having trouble finding the MOS he wants, he wants to be like an Armorer or Gunsmith, fixing small arms or working on weapons systems. Anybody have any idea what MOS or career field he should go into to do that?

Gunner 0313
03-07-09, 12:56 PM
:flag: Hey scooter fill out your profile if you want to get a response.

Fridge
03-07-09, 01:40 PM
O sorry, i just made this like a little while ago so im still figuring **** out on here, but its all filled out now

Fridge
03-07-09, 08:44 PM
So ya, does anyone have any advice or help to offer to my friend?

BR34
03-07-09, 09:00 PM

Small arms repairer.

Fridge
03-08-09, 07:33 PM
thanks for the help, ill let him know

61Marine
03-09-09, 06:57 PM
I don't know if your friend has a great desire to be an armorer, or what the situation is, but he may want to look through the MOS book again. My last roommate was an armorer, and I don't know if it's because of his shop and the number of Marines/Docs/RPs we had, but he usually went to work by 0500 and wouldn't get off until around 2200 or 2300 at night. And he would work weekends, those same hours.

I'm not saying every armory is the same, but they tend to get out later than everyone else (especially Table III days... those are the worst).

Big Jim
03-09-09, 09:11 PM
I don't know if your friend has a great desire to be an armorer, or what the situation is, but he may want to look through the MOS book again. My last roommate was an armorer, and I don't know if it's because of his shop and the number of Marines/Docs/RPs we had, but he usually went to work by 0500 and wouldn't get off until around 2200 or 2300 at night. And he would work weekends, those same hours.

I'm not saying every armory is the same, but they tend to get out later than everyone else (especially Table III days... those are the worst).

When the Armory stays open for long periods of time, there's not a whole lot to do with the weapons or the applications thereof...so I would say it had to have been a one time a year thing or a special op where the Armory had to be open cause weapons were out. Needless to say it could have been a number of different reasons but normally the Armory has regular hours and adjusts its staff work schedules for long and irregular hours or shifts. I've worked those hours before...but what Marine in any job hasn't....? Right....? Right....!