PDA

View Full Version : ASVAB for OCS

Sumni
03-06-09, 04:58 PM
im needing some info on OCS. i graduated from college in may and the slow job market made the marines a great option until i had surgery on my foot. my foot should be fine now but wanted to know what the min. ASVAB score is to go to OCS. also any additional info that i might need to know. anything will help me make my decision.

Sumni
03-06-09, 04:59 PM
btw sorry if this has been posted already....searched around and couldnt find any posts on it.

SSgt Ramsey
04-25-09, 06:11 AM
If you are applying to any of our Officer Programs you only need to take this test if you scored below a 1000 on the SAT or a 22 composite on the ACT. To meet the mental qualification for Marine Officer Programs you need a 74 on the AFQT portion of your ASVAB test results. There is no expiration date on the ACT, SAT or ASVAB for Marine Officer application purposes.

I've seen a lot of Officer's in the 115 GT range.....it's not really that high IMO....many enlisted Marine's have higher scores than some of the officers.

I spent a long time in the air-side of the house working with and for officers at the various Squadron's....there are some really bright guys, then there are the "average" ones....and once in a while you'll meet a really smart one....

One of my units I had a MGySgt with like a 138 GT, just incredible....and a few of my old CO's were dual-Master degree holders....and my last Colonel a certified Dr.

commdog7
04-25-09, 06:17 AM
I knew of an enlisted Marine who had a GT score of 150 (perfect score). Turns out he wasn't too bright, he damaged his career by commiting a crime- he thought he was smart enought to get away with it.

SSgt Ramsey
04-25-09, 06:25 AM
The highest GT score possible is 140, not 150.

commdog7
04-25-09, 07:47 AM
Apparently I had been mis-informed. Either way, he got a perfect GT score.