PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

1Marine4Life
03-05-09, 04:07 AM
What's up everyone. I'm asking for all of you to pray for me and my family at this time. My wife had an emergency C-section at 9:17 last night and my son is very ill. He weighed 2 lbs 10 oz. Doctor's say that he may not survive. My son barely clinched my finger with his little hands before they transported him to a different hospital that better suited to deal with premature babies. I believe my son to be a fighter because he fought to get here. However I'm still asking for your prayers. They will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Marine4Life

:usmc:

sim37
03-05-09, 04:51 AM
My wife and I give you our prayers. We hope the best for your son.

thedrifter
03-05-09, 05:12 AM
Prayers Outbound!

Ellie

DocGreek
03-05-09, 06:31 AM
Warrick....my very BEST to you, your wife, and "Lil' Marine". I know that this next few days will be VERY difficult, I'm going to Church today to light three candles. GOD is there....with all three of you....and so am I. BLESS YOU ALL!!.....DOC

GSEMarine94
03-05-09, 07:36 AM
Brother your family is my prayers.

mcvet57103
03-05-09, 08:14 AM
Hang in there Marine, we're calling up the prayers front and center. We are here for you brother. SF

NoRemorse
03-05-09, 08:17 AM
Prayers outbound for our newest little Marine, brother.

Semper Fi and God bless. We'll be pulling for you guys.

KawiGunny
03-05-09, 08:17 AM
Prayers go out to you and your family. We prey everything will work out for the best.

candi
03-05-09, 08:18 AM
I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Hang in there.

JohnEaceHunt
03-05-09, 08:57 AM
Prayers are Given. Young Marine4life is in The Best of hands. God Bless. S/F.

jetdawgg
03-05-09, 09:02 AM
Your family is in our prayers Marine:usmc:

Gunner 0313
03-05-09, 09:03 AM
:flag: Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

temarti
03-05-09, 09:16 AM
Prayers and thoughts outbound for your family..

Marine1955
03-05-09, 09:24 AM
We will put a pray chain together at our church for you.. My wife is a nurse and she works in OB and she see this alot of this and they have come a long way in med. But the best meds. is prayer as always she's praying for the little and your wife to.Semper FI

richerich
03-05-09, 09:28 AM
Prayer sent Marine.

ScottsMom
03-05-09, 10:13 AM
Prayers are being sent your way. I hope you are able to bring your little boy home very soon!

Artemis
03-05-09, 10:46 AM
Prayers being sent now. My youngest also spent some time in the hospital after coming into this world and I know how hard it is. Thank the good Lord that all is now ok. We are here if you need anything.

Rowdy1948
03-05-09, 11:09 AM
Our Prayers are with you.

JAGarland
03-05-09, 11:34 AM
Prayers outbound!

redman1
03-05-09, 02:14 PM
Praying for your family.
Semper Fi Redman1

SGT7477
03-05-09, 02:16 PM
Praying for all of you, Semper FI.

Rocky C
03-05-09, 02:20 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family now and always.
Semper Fi my Brother
Please keep us posted.

Rocky

390 Mach I
03-05-09, 02:35 PM
Prayers inbound Marine!

rb1651
03-05-09, 02:47 PM
Prayers are on the way for you and yours. I'll stop by the church on the way home and light three candles for your family.

charm1110
03-05-09, 03:17 PM
Praying for you and your family, I was 3 lbs at birth spent 6mos. in an incubator and didn't walk on my own til I was three. so hang in there miracles happen every day!

davblay
03-05-09, 03:33 PM
"BLESSED ARE THE CHILDREN", I feel the good LORD will look after the little guy and do what he thinks is best. My prayer are out for you and your wife and the little toad! May all come out well, be patient and let the hands of the Lord guide you thru this troublesome time.

Semper Fi,

Dave

1Marine4Life
03-05-09, 11:59 PM
On behalf of my family, I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and many prayers. It is with a saddened heart that I say that at 5:17 pm on March 5, 20009, our son received his wings and departed this life. I know he in a better place so that eases the pain a little. He lived for exactly 20 hours and he fought every second of it. In the end, the battle was just too great for his little soul. Now he doesn't have to fight anymore. I already miss him.

Thank you all again. We really appreciate it.

redman1
03-06-09, 05:35 AM
Sorry for your sadness, Our prayers are still with you. We have to remember that GOD is still on the thrown and he knows best. We can just pray that he has his will and his will be done. I pray that your wife is still O.K. and that your both are comforted in your time of sorrow.
Semper Fi Redman1

mcvet57103
03-06-09, 07:05 AM
1 Marine, As I type this tears of sadness are running down my cheeks, I am so sorry for your loss. Rest assured he is with God and will be there, waiting for you and your wife to join him in peace and love some day. God bless you, your wife, and son. May God ease your sorrow, and give you strength. Semper Fi my brother. Know that we care and are here for you.

thedrifter
03-06-09, 07:10 AM
My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences for the Family and Friends....

Rest in Peace

When we have done all the work we were sent to Earth to do, We are allowed to shed our body, which imprisons our soul like a cocoon encloses the future butterfly;
And when the time is right, we can let go of it and we will be free of pain, free of fears and worries, free as a very beautiful butterfly returning home to God.

God Bless

Ellie

spotts
03-06-09, 07:11 AM
Prayers out to you and the family. I hope that everything turns out for the best....

Marine1955
03-06-09, 07:23 AM
On behalf of my family, I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and many prayers. It is with a saddened heart that I say that at 5:17 pm on March 5, 20009, our son received his wings and departed this life. I know he in a better place so that eases the pain a little. He lived for exactly 20 hours and he fought every second of it. In the end, the battle was just too great for his little soul. Now he doesn't have to fight anymore. I already miss him.

he is already watching down on you and he got a new friend to walk him threw the gates of heaven. our prayers are with you and your wife.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/lexiew3970/angels.jpg

Rocky C
03-06-09, 07:27 AM

I am so sad right now to hear of this news. I have been checking to hear of any updates. My wife and I lost a Daughter at birth at the Naval Hospital at Camp Lejuene in 1978 so I feel you and your Families pain, as I feel mine all over again.

With our Hope and Faith, know in your Heart that you will see your Son again just as I know I will see my Daughter again.

I am going to leave this Site now and go into my Prayer closet for you and your family.

I am sooo sorry.
Semper Fi My Brother,

Rocky

Pandza03
03-06-09, 07:30 AM
i was watching this thread every day since it started and i am very sorry for your loss man, hang in there.

NoRemorse
03-06-09, 07:37 AM
God bless you and your family, 1Marine. You're in our hearts and prayers. We'll be here to offer any support and condolences.

I don't know you at all but I can tell from what little I've heard that your son was a fighter like his old man. He'll be waiting and watching for you.

Semper Fi. :flag:

KawiGunny
03-06-09, 07:39 AM
I have never been in your shoes so I can't say I know how you feel. I can say that I am extremely sorry for your lose. I prey for you and your wife. May God lift your hearts with his hands to help ease the pain.

temarti
03-06-09, 07:46 AM
You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers, I believe there is a plan for everything, your son will always be with you and your family and in the short time he was here he touched many of us, a true fighter.

GSEMarine94
03-06-09, 07:50 AM
1Marine my heart aches with you and your family, my wife and I have lost two to miscarriages. I understand your pain and will cont to pray for you and yours.

SGT7477
03-06-09, 08:22 AM
I know your pain Marine I lost my son in 1997 at the age of 17, God Bless and Carry on Marine.

mcvet57103
03-06-09, 08:28 AM
I e-mailed the notice of your loss to my wife who works for a Christian Based home schooling business. They are holding a special prayer session for you, your wife, and your little angel. SF

DocGreek
03-06-09, 08:56 AM
Warrick....We all know what a very difficult time this will be. Between my three wives, we lost 3 babies, one survived for three months....in I.C.U., I fell apart when he passed. I blamed GOD, my wife, myself, and anybody I could talk to. After seeing so much death, and painful wounds, in Nam, I wanted to give back, by having 2, or 3 children. I've come to realize, and accept, GOD's gift to me, and how to use my gift to help my Brothers, in need. I'm ALWAYS available, to listen, and support....ANYTIME...DAY, OR NIGHT. If I don't answer, I'm at the grocery store, the V.A. Clinic, or at Church....leave a phone #, and I'll call back ASAP!! My love, and prayers to ALL three of you. Tele.#...727-862-7453....call collect, is just fine with me!....ALWAYS FAITHFUL....DOC

Gunner 0313
03-06-09, 09:14 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=363 bgColor=#cccc99 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>In Time of Sorrow...</TD></TR><TR><TD>May you see God's light on the path ahead
When the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
Even in your hour of sorrow,
The gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard may hardness
Never turn your heart to stone,
May you always remember
when the shadows fall—
You do not walk alone.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=363 bgColor=#cccc99 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep</TD></TR><TR><TD>Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die...
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:flag: All of our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

rb1651
03-06-09, 09:51 AM
Thoughts and prayers are out to you, my Brother. May God console you during this time of loss. I too have lost a child at birth and I feel your pain. Trust me when I say that the hurt will go away as time passes, but the memories will always remain.

Quinbo
03-06-09, 10:00 AM
I too mourne your loss warrick. This is a hill that you can climb. Be strong! I'm a phone call away and I'll talk your ear off.

candi
03-06-09, 10:28 AM
I am so sorry for your loss...My thoughts are with you and your wife. Hang in there.

davblay
03-06-09, 10:38 AM
]"BLESSED ARE THE CHILDREN",[/B] I feel the good LORD will look after the little guy and do what he thinks is best. My prayer are out for you and your wife and the little toad! May all come out well, be patient and let the hands of the Lord guide you thru this troublesome time.

Semper Fi,

Dave

The Lord doesn't put more on us then we can handle, however when we loose a child it's hard to understand. But this little fellow just wasn't ready to face the challenges of this old world. Blessed be the name of the LORD THY GOD, and Rest easy knowing that he is in the arms of our savior. He will not suffer any longer and we will all be together when they have that final formation. What a glorious reunion it will be, Amen!

My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family, brother.

Dave

1Marine4Life
03-06-09, 03:40 PM
Thank all of you for the words of comfort. They brought tears to my eyes. I appreciate all the support that you have given me and my family. I will not forget it.

Semper Fi brothers and sisters.

mcvet57103
03-06-09, 03:46 PM
Thank all of you for the words of comfort. They brought tears to my eyes. I appreciate all the support that you have given me and my family. I will not forget it.

:usmc:Don't mention it Marine. You are my brother. True brothers stick together, and support one another. If you need anything just ask. SF

390 Mach I
03-06-09, 04:08 PM

*nod*
You are in my prayers daily.
Any update by the way?

If I missed one I apologize.

390 Mach I
03-06-09, 04:49 PM
I am soo sorry I missed your earlier post.
My sincere apologies.
I feel the fool.
I am sooo sorry for your loss.
Your family is and will continue to be in my prayers.

Phantom Blooper
03-07-09, 07:17 AM
Prayers outbound to your family for your loss!

Your son,wife,you and your family will continue to be on my prayer list to be uplifted to the Supreme Commandant!

Semper Fidelis! :flag:

:evilgrin:

charm1110
03-08-09, 03:32 AM
I am truly sorry to hear of your loss and pray that you and your wife will find peace in knowing that your son is with our Father in heaven.

redman1
03-08-09, 05:14 AM
1Marine4Life, I know it probably seems like yesterday since 3/6/09 since your son went to heaven but I just wanted to let you know I still have you and your family in my prayers.
Semper Fi Redman1

1Marine4Life
03-20-09, 12:15 AM
Everyone, I want to start off by saying thanks again for all of your support through this tough time. My family and I really appreciate all the kind words and prayers that you ladies and gents sent our way. They were extremely helpful. In the past few days we have found out what the cause of our sons death was. I would try to explain it but I just cut and pasted it to this post. I hope it helps someone because it was something that neither my wife nor I had ever heard of. Here it is:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentTitle></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=12>http://www.merck.com/site_images/mm/s.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=16>http://www.merck.com/site_images/mm/s.gif</TD><TD width=522>Cytomegalovirus infection may be acquired prenatally or perinatally. Signs at birth, if present, are intrauterine growth restriction, prematurity, microcephaly, jaundice, petechiae, hepatosplenomegaly, periventricular calcifications, chorioretinitis, and pneumonitis. Later in infancy, signs are pneumonia, hepatosplenomegaly, hepatitis, thrombocytopenia, and atypical lymphocytosis. Diagnosis is by virus isolation or serology. Treatment is supportive. Parenteral ganciclovir can prevent hearing deterioration, but its use remains controversial.

Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is frequently isolated from neonates. Although most infants shedding this virus are asymptomatic, others have life-threatening illness and devastating long-term sequelae.
It is not known when a woman with primary CMV can safely conceive. Because risk to the fetus is difficult to assess, women who develop primary CMV during pregnancy should be counseled, but few experts recommend routine serologic testing for CMV before or during pregnancy in healthy women.

Etiology
Congenital CMV infection, which occurs in 0.2 to 2.2% of live births worldwide, may result from transplacental acquisition of either a primary or recurrent maternal infection. Clinically apparent disease in the neonate is much more likely to occur after a primary maternal exposure, particularly in the 1st half of pregnancy. In some higher socioeconomic groups in the US, 50% of young women lack antibody to CMV, making them susceptible to primary infection.

Perinatal CMV infection is acquired by exposure to infected cervical secretions, breast milk, or blood products. Maternal antibody is thought to be protective, and most exposed term infants are asymptomatic or not infected. In contrast, preterm infants (who lack antibody to CMV) can develop serious infection or death, particularly when transfused with CMV-positive blood. Efforts should be made to transfuse these infants with only CMV-negative blood or components.
Symptoms and Signs
Many women who become infected with CMV during pregnancy are asymptomatic, but some develop a mononucleosis-like illness.
About 10% of infants with congenital CMV infection are symptomatic at birth. Manifestations include intrauterine growth restriction, prematurity, microcephaly, jaundice, petechiae, hepatosplenomegaly, periventricular calcifications, chorioretinitis, and pneumonitis. Infants who acquire CMV after birth may develop pneumonia, hepatosplenomegaly, hepatitis, thrombocytopenia, and atypical lymphocytosis, especially if they are premature.
Diagnosis
Symptomatic congenital CMV infection must be distinguished from other congenital infections, including toxoplasmosis, rubella, and syphilis.
In neonates, viral culture is the primary diagnostic tool; maternal diagnosis can also be made by serologic testing. Culture specimens should be refrigerated until inoculation on fibroblast cells. Congenital CMV is diagnosed if the virus is isolated from urine or other body fluids obtained within the 1st 2 wk of life. After 2 wk, positive cultures may indicate perinatal or congenital infection. Infants may shed CMV for several years after either type of infection.
A CBC and differential and liver function tests may be helpful. A cranial ultrasound or CT examination and an ophthalmologic evaluation should also be performed.

Prognosis and Treatment
Symptomatic neonates have a mortality rate of up to 30%, and 70 to 90% of survivors have some neurologic impairment, including hearing loss, mental retardation, and visual disturbances. In addition, 10% of asymptomatic neonates eventually develop neurologic sequelae. Because hearing defects are a concern, close monitoring after the neonatal period is needed.
No specific therapy is available. Ganciclovir decreases viral shedding in neonates with congenital CMV and prevents hearing detrioration at 6 mo. When therapy stops, the virus is again shed; therefore, its role in treatment remains controversial.
decreases viral shedding in neonates with congenital CMV and prevents hearing deterioration at 6 mo. When therapy stops, the virus is again shed; therefore, its role in treatment remains controversial.

Prevention
Nonimmune pregnant women should attempt to limit exposure to the virus. For instance, because CMV infection is common in children attending day care centers, pregnant women should always wash their hands thoroughly after exposure to urine and respiratory secretions from children. Transfusion-associated perinatal CMV disease can be avoided by giving preterm neonates blood products from CMV-seronegative donors or products that have been treated to make them noninfectious. Development of a vaccine against CMV is under investigation.

The things that I have bolded are what my son had and his symptoms. Pregnant women should pay close attention to the last paragraph. Again, I hope this can raise some awareness on the subject because even the doctor says there isn't enough exposure on the matter. There were other impairments that a survivor could have had including brain damage and MS. Those were not in this article but we found a blog dedicated to people who have been through the same thing. It was started by a doctor with high expertise on these types of things

Here is the link if you want to read the actual article:

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec19/ch279/ch279b.html

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

redman1
03-20-09, 07:16 AM
1Marine4Life, that says it all. No matter what you go through you will always be a Marine4Life and have a big supporting Marine family.
There's nothing I can say or do to help your situation but to let you know I'm your friend and I'm praying for you and your family.
I had bad thing happen in my life but GOD always replaces the bad with something good. I believe there's always a reason but we usually never find out why.
All I do is trust in GOD and ride it out.
I don't go to church anymore but I still fill close to GOD and always remember GOD said I will never put anything on you that you can't stand.
Thanks for sharing your sadness and the update on the problem. Maybe it will help someone else.
Remember all us Jarheads are hear for you brother.
Once a Marine Always A Marine
Semper Fi Redman1

KawiGunny
03-20-09, 07:25 AM
I am deeply sorry for your lose. I have been praying for you and your family since the first post. Hopefully this lose is getting a little easier now even though it will always hurt. How's mom doing? Let her know we are here for her also.

ScottsMom
03-20-09, 07:56 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I continue to pray for you and your family. Hang in there Marine.

DocGreek
03-20-09, 08:14 AM
WARRICK....You, and your wife, know that your baby, is safe in GOD'S hands. My prayers, are with you both. When I came home, from Nam, my first wife lost two babies, one by miscarriage, and one that lived for five days. That was 37 years ago, and still, today I grieve for those two little sweethearts. I've trusted in GOD'S wisdom, and his help, to carry me through some very difficult times, and I know HE is there, with you and your wife, and listening. GOD bless you both, and your little sweetheart......DOC GREEK

rb1651
03-20-09, 09:05 AM
As others have said, we'll be here for you Brother. Always remeber that you and yoour wife are with family here, and we will do our best to help in any little way we can. Hang in there, the pain will ease with time, and as Doc said, your Angel is with God now. He is in good hands, and when the time comes, you will be reunited with him. I'll continue to pray for you and yours.

Old Marine
03-20-09, 09:13 AM
Prayers for you and you family.

NoRemorse
03-20-09, 09:15 AM
Prayers still outbound, Marine.

Semper Fi and God Bless.:flag:

GSEMarine94
03-20-09, 12:01 PM
Brother your family is still in our prayers, and will continue to be there.

echo3oscar1833
03-20-09, 12:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers to you and your wife.

Gunner 0313
03-20-09, 12:27 PM
:flag:Your family is always in our prayers. My wife asks me almost everyday how you and your family are doing.

Semper Fi

davedemel
03-20-09, 12:31 PM
You have our prayers! What is your son's name?

1Marine4Life
03-21-09, 10:55 PM
You have our prayers! What is your son's name?

His name is Yahata Xyairis (pronounced with a Z) Chavalier Green.