PDA

View Full Version : A Day at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego

Jarhed87
03-04-09, 05:37 PM
09/13/08 :evilgrin:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QDMXZNUlPIQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Jarhed87
03-04-09, 05:53 PM
Ahhhh...the memories! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f72ceQtoM64&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f72ceQtoM64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

03-04-09, 05:59 PM
From the 1st vid; they have partitions between the s h i t t e r s now?!? BTW, that's a good thing, I guess.

Alisium
03-04-09, 06:48 PM
Cool vids! Thanks.

I wonder how many of you would like to go through recruit training all over again, just for the hell of it.

foxman
03-04-09, 08:45 PM
Ain't No Damn Way. Once in 65 was enough. Wouldn't trade it for The World, Wouldn't go through it again for Two Worlds.

mcvet57103
03-04-09, 09:27 PM
Ain't No Damn Way. Once in 65 was enough. Wouldn't trade it for The World, Wouldn't go through it again for Two Worlds.what he said!!!!! :D

Alisium
03-04-09, 09:51 PM
I think I'd do it again, just to see how I differently I would handle it. I was that quiet middle in recruit training.

semperfiman
03-05-09, 01:10 AM
thats what my Drill Instructor told me and its true never

03-05-09, 02:06 AM
Ain't No Damn Way. Once in 65 was enough. Wouldn't trade it for The World, Wouldn't go through it again for Two Worlds.

what he said!!!!!

What they said!!!!! Once was all it took.

usmc0331
03-05-09, 03:28 PM
I have that movie "ears open, eyeballs click" what a joke.

I could not believe how nasty san diego recruits are. Nobody sounds off, the recruits were not even motivated and did I mention nasty? Do they not teach drill out there??

The part when they are on the hump and recruits are scattered all over the place spread out, the DI is yelling at them and the recruits just stand there like duhh and dont sound off...wtf

that would never happen at PI, especially on a hump. You were forced to be nut to butt and if you didnt keep it tight you were dropped, there wasnt an exception. We sounded off until we spit blood, period there was never a moment the DI'S would accept us not sounding off, doesnt matter if it was on the 14 mile hump home from the crucible, we sounded off 150% every time.:flag:

Alisium
03-05-09, 03:33 PM
Well, humping on flat ground, going in circles, with women in tow, is quite a bit different than going up and down hills like "The Reaper" in Pendleton.

I haven't seen the video so I cannot comment on it. Perhaps it's a universal sign of the times, maybe we were that nasty but didn't realize it or maybe it was just a crappy cycle.

giveen
03-05-09, 03:41 PM

I could not believe how nasty san diego recruits are. Nobody sounds off, the recruits were not even motivated and did I mention nasty? Do they not teach drill out there??

The part when they are on the hump and recruits are scattered all over the place spread out, the DI is yelling at them and the recruits just stand there like duhh and dont sound off...wtf

that would never happen at PI, especially on a hump. You were forced to be nut to butt and if you didnt keep it tight you were dropped, there wasnt an exception. We sounded off until we spit blood, period there was never a moment the DI'S would accept us not sounding off, doesnt matter if it was on the 14 mile hump home from the crucible, we sounded off 150% every time.:flag:
All recruits are nasty. Your point?

Each company/platoon is different. Some have better recruits, others have worse recruits.

And like its been said, there is a difference between walking around in a circle with woman Marines in tow, and climbing hills and mountains.

davblay
03-05-09, 03:47 PM

Sigh.........my learned Marine brother! It's easy to say those things about one boot camp or the other, but we didn't go thru both, now did we. I see a MOVIE here, not reality! People don't act normal when they know they are being filmed you know?

If you recall (then again you may not be old enough to remember) "GOMER PYLE USMC", opened with a marching scene at MCRDSD and it was supposed to be Parris Island! Remember the Big arches and such, PI don't have those! Also, "HEARTBREAK RIDGE" was supposed to be in Camp LeJeune, looked a lot like Pendelton to me! Oh, and the "CHERRY POINT" scene looked a lot like El Toro to me! If you'll notice on the Bass drum, of the band welcoming the plane home, the 1stMARDIV is represented! So take for granted, Movies are just that, MOVIES! PERIOD! :marine:

Semper Fi, my brother, Semper Fi. MCRDSD 1969 and as much a Marine as any Marine will ever be! Once a Marine, Right? :beer:

jetdoc
03-05-09, 04:41 PM
Well, humping on flat ground, going in circles, with women in tow, is quite a bit different than going up and down hills like "The Reaper" in Pendleton.

I haven't seen the video so I cannot comment on it. Perhaps it's a universal sign of the times, maybe we were that nasty but didn't realize it or maybe it was just a crappy cycle.

I always thought you guys had casual strolls through the hill side, (or humping as you SD guys call it, haha).

As far as the women, too bad for you, we had parties with the female recruits every friday night, boobs, beer and booty!!! Hahah

Don't hate bro.

Joshjames1234
04-18-09, 12:18 AM
Well what do you know...I check out the statistics and data from the YouTube video I made and found it link to here!

Thanks for watching...I have to say it was really neat being able to see the recruits that day!