PDA

View Full Version : Clothing issue

silverdollar
03-04-09, 09:26 AM
Was anybody on this forum issued leggings in bootcamp? I was and I don`t remember when we had to turn them in.

giveen
03-04-09, 09:26 AM
Leggings???

NoRemorse
03-04-09, 09:36 AM
Leggings???

I imagine the Sgt is talking about the Yellow leggings that identified our servicemembers as Marines and caused the Koreans to withdraw instead of facing such a fierce and tenacious opponent.

Semper Fi.:flag:

yanacek
03-04-09, 09:51 AM
I imagine the Sgt is talking about the Yellow leggings that identified our servicemembers as Marines and caused the Koreans to withdraw instead of facing such a fierce and tenacious opponent.

Actually, those legging weren't yellow, they were khaki. I think the gook term for the actual color was mistranslated as "yellow."

NoRemorse
03-04-09, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the clarification, MSgt.

DWG
03-04-09, 10:41 AM
Actually, those legging weren't yellow, they were khaki. I think the gook term for the actual color was mistranslated as "yellow."

Hey! You can't call them damn slopes gooks! It ain't P-C!:mad:

NoRemorse
03-04-09, 10:47 AM
OMG, I'm fvckin crying here.:D

Fvcking monitor almost got ruined. That deserves a prize.

yanacek
03-04-09, 11:19 AM
What? That's what they were referred to by those who served in Korea. I've got some real gems for Japs. If you're interested, PM me.

DevsDad
03-04-09, 11:31 AM

ROFLMAO!! Just another reason I love you guys!

Petz
03-04-09, 11:32 AM
Top, I'd rather you kept the Japanese slurs off the public forums.... my wife is Japanese.

as for it being in good humor, I have no problem with it.... though there are some here who served during that time so I really don't know the motivation behind the slurs....

if that makes sense to you then disregard my first sentence.... if it doesn't then please understand I'm serious about my first sentence....

:D

DWG
03-04-09, 11:40 AM
The military, any military, will come up with nicknames for their enemy de' jour! That is how, when Queen Victoria got tired of the Brit military referring to anyone non English white as n---rs she decreed that, anyone east of the Suez would be referred to as "Worthy Oriental Gentlemen" became wogs by the end of the same day in the barracks! :DWhat they call the french is unprintable!:mad:

SlidellGeorge
03-04-09, 01:58 PM
I served in CAP units in Nam. I also dislike the use of GOOK, Slopes, and sacki sucking MF'ers....
Most true combat marines will tell you that after the nightmares are over that there is some respect for those we fought with, and against.
George
Fighting for peace
is kinna like
Making love for virginity......

Petz
03-04-09, 02:05 PM
"Fighting for peace
is kinna like
Making love for virginity......"

this is awesome!!!