PDA

View Full Version : Should i choose an MOS now or later?

cheerwine09
03-03-09, 10:38 PM
Im getting mixed opinions on choosing an MOS.
So my ship date is as of now 20090914, and one recruiter is telling me to wait untill mid August to choose and MOS because they can pull a MOS out of October for me.

A buddy of mine just got all his paperwork together to go down to meps on tuesday and my recruiter is wanting to send us together but that that could be later than my orginal ship date.

Should I wait and ship with him?

And

Should i choose an MOS now or later

If there is any advice that i could recive it would be greatly aprciated.

Thank you and have a nice day.

smoking gunz
03-05-09, 12:31 PM
I would choose now. Get it in your contract and ship as soon as possible. If you get your mos on paper they cant pull it from you. If they do then tell your recruiter you refuse to ship without your original mos that was in your contract.

jungholee90
03-05-09, 08:52 PM
Is the MOS you want available at this time or no? If not, then wait, but if it's available now, then why wait? Talk to your recruiter and tell him to give you all the open jobs at this time, and if something you want to do is closed out, then they all open up again on Oct.1.

immaproshooter
03-05-09, 09:25 PM
dont wait, get your MOS now if you can, and i wouldnt wait for your buddy, its not like your gonna get to hang out like youre back on the block, and besides who knows you may or may not run into each other on the other side