PDA

View Full Version : White House Marines

stevemorales816
03-02-09, 05:03 PM
What are the jobs of the Marines at the White House? Are those MOS's or are they selected to perform special duities?

commdog7
03-02-09, 05:23 PM
Special Duties- you have to be selected.

stevemorales816
03-02-09, 05:35 PM
Ok thanks commdog7

BR34
03-02-09, 09:18 PM
It's a Presidential Security contract. It's somehow attached to the 03XX field. So, if you get denied for whatever reason, (and sorry, you probably will) you would fall back to infantry.

I know a couple of spic-n-span Marines who I was in boot camp with that both got denied. One was a college grad, with no debt, no criminal history, etc, etc, but didn't get selected because he was damn near a midget. The other was a 18 year old, super tame, virgin, who's never even been off his mom's tit, let alone in any trouble, denied because he studders.

You gotta be **** hot to stand anywhere near the president!

Fubar5812
03-02-09, 09:33 PM
the Marines on Marine-1 (the presidents chopper) are the hmx-1 squadron out of quantico,VA.there Mp's selected out of MP school.

sparkie
03-02-09, 09:50 PM
Oh, By the way,,,,,,, The new Marine 1 group is to be built in Europe. So much for America first.

GSEMarine94
03-03-09, 07:51 AM
A friend of mine I served with at HMM-262 wanted to get into HMX-1 as aircrew was denied because he had a parking ticket as a kid. Very tough to get in.

commdog7
03-03-09, 08:50 AM
It's a Presidential Security contract. It's somehow attached to the 03XX field. So, if you get denied for whatever reason, (and sorry, you probably will) you would fall back to infantry.

I know a couple of spic-n-span Marines who I was in boot camp with that both got denied. One was a college grad, with no debt, no criminal history, etc, etc, but didn't get selected because he was damn near a midget. The other was a 18 year old, super tame, virgin, who's never even been off his mom's tit, let alone in any trouble, denied because he studders.

You gotta be **** hot to stand anywhere near the president!

You don't have to be infantry to do it. Anyone with a TS or in an mos which deals with security (military police, MSG's, etc) have the highest possibility of being selected for that duty. You don't need to be HMX-1 or anything fancy like that to meet the president. I met President Bush (and SecState Condi Rice) while on MSG duty, got to shake their hands and everything. There are a number of opportunities to do stuff like that in the Corps.